Current List of Available WR on the Market

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Current List of Available WR on the Market

Some are of course no-nos but this is what's out there. The CFL is a pass happy league..I wonder if anyone up there would be worthy of a look see?

We clearly need some help.

Brandon Lloyd
    Laurent Robinson
    Devery Henderson
    Braylon Edwards
    David Nelson
    Austin Collie
    Lavelle Hawkins
    Mohamed Massaquoi
    Donte’ Stallworth
    Steve Breaston
    Josh Cribbs (KR/PR)
    Michael Jenkins
    Deion Branch
    Early Doucet
    Ramses Barden
    Anthony Armstrong
    Devin Aromashodu
    Chaz Schilens
    Mike Thomas
    Courtney Roby
    Chad Johnson
    Jabar Gaffney
    Derek Hagan
    Tiquan Underwood
    Matthew Willis
    Naaman Roosevelt
    Deon Butler
    Roscoe Parrish (PR)
    Brandon Banks (KR/PR)
    Patrick Crayton
    Sammie Stroughter
    Jason Hill
    Jordan Shipley
    Jordan Norwood
    Brian Robiskie
    Ruvell Martin
    Patrick Turner
    Greg Camarillo (PR)
    Legedu Naanee
    Mardy Gilyard (KR)
    Devin Thomas
    Adrian Arrington
    Michael Clayton
    Terrence Austin
    Richard Goodman (KR)
    Terrance Copper
    Demetrius Williams
    Brett Swain
    Maurice Stovall (TE)
    Jerheme Urban
    DeMarco Sampson
    Devon Wylie
    Jaymar Johnson
    Quan Cosby (PR/KR)
    Ronald Johnson
    Chastin West
    Lance Long
    Tim Toone
    Andy Tanner
    Terrence Toliver
    Nathan Palmer
    Jeff Fuller
    Jamar Newsome
    B.J. Cunningham

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Current List of Available WR on the Market

Short of one of the Pats current WR's going down for the season, I do not think it is going to happen. These are the guys that are here and are going to stay here for the long term. There is too much potential upside with Dobson and Boyd (I think Thompkins will play better, but he is at his ceiling). The responsibility is on the players, the coaches and TB for these guys to improve each game, which I think they will.

I was at the stadium yesterday and the rumble was where did Ian Rap get that 2-6 weeks on Amendola? Certainly the Pats never said that, and neither did Amendola. Wouldn't surprise if he is out there against the Buc's, nor would it surprise if he could play against the Buc's, but is held out to give him 20 days of rest with the injury

Also of interest picked up yesterday was the confusion on contacting other WR's. Branch, 100% was contacted but as a "just in case" situation, and his response was he is not ready now, but maybe down the road if needed. The Lloyd confusion seems to be who said what. It appears that Lloyd said he was contacted by 6 teams with the Pats being one of them. Perhaps he is trying to create a market for himself? Yesterday, as usual, the Pats actually said nothing on the record, but also as usual, they did clearly send signals with out actually saying it.....they very clearly have zero interest in Lloyd. Just to be clear, the Pats relay these "messages" via trusted ex players in the media, with the knowledge these guys will not betray sources, which they do not. But it is very clear, the Pats have zero interest in Lloyd. (Hint: Ty Law is the best poker player of the lot)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I'd give Henderson or Breaston a go. I am sure Brady is going to demand something is done about it. You just can't rely on having DA as your top receiver due to his injury history and issues and back him up with a bunch of first year rookies. Why would people think that is the way to go??? Gronk is the key but he is injury prone as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It's too bad Early Doucet appears to be damaged goods otherwise he could be worth a look.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Short of one of the Pats current WR's going down for the season, I do not think it is going to happen. These are the guys that are here and are going to stay here for the long term. There is too much potential upside with Dobson and Boyd (I think Thompkins will play better, but he is at his ceiling). The responsibility is on the players, the coaches and TB for these guys to improve each game, which I think they will.

I was at the stadium yesterday and the rumble was where did Ian Rap get that 2-6 weeks on Amendola? Certainly the Pats never said that, and neither did Amendola. Wouldn't surprise if he is out there against the Buc's, nor would it surprise if he could play against the Buc's, but is held out to give him 20 days of rest with the injury

Also of interest picked up yesterday was the confusion on contacting other WR's. Branch, 100% was contacted but as a "just in case" situation, and his response was he is not ready now, but maybe down the road if needed. The Lloyd confusion seems to be who said what. It appears that Lloyd said he was contacted by 6 teams with the Pats being one of them. Perhaps he is trying to create a market for himself? Yesterday, as usual, the Pats actually said nothing on the record, but also as usual, they did clearly send signals with out actually saying it.....they very clearly have zero interest in Lloyd. Just to be clear, the Pats relay these "messages" via trusted ex players in the media, with the knowledge these guys will not betray sources, which they do not. But it is very clear, the Pats have zero interest in Lloyd. (Hint: Ty Law is the best poker player of the lot)

nice post rkarp---agree, these are the guys (KT, AD,JB and to a lesser extent ZS) that you have to develop and I think they will get better and I think it will be sooner rather than later. Are they in "perfect" sync with Brady right now, no, but I would say they are in "adequate" sync unfortunately there was a frustratingly inordinate amount of drops the first two games. But like Bruschi said in 2001 the defense had to be patient with their young QB now he has to be patient with them---it may be rose colored glasses but I think this culd be a pretty talented group, it will of colurse help to take some pressure off when Gronk and Amendola are back

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

I'd give Henderson or Breaston a go. I am sure Brady is going to demand something is done about it. You just can't rely on having DA as your top receiver due to his injury history and issues and back him up with a bunch of first year rookies. Why would people think that is the way to go??? Gronk is the key but he is injury prone as well.

I didn't see Breaston on the list, good call he also would be worth a look. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think part of this "information" that gets leaked out of Foxboro is in part not the truth. I think the organization has a bit of an ego when it comes to being right, and by contacting Llyod they would look like they were wrong in letting him go in the first place...therefore I wouldn't be surprised if they are denying that through their top secret moles. As for the Amendola "information" I think someone said off the cuff that he may be out somewhere between 2-6 weeks - and that is not a huge surprise - we all know that a bad groin injury could take anywhere between that time frame to heal (especially with this guy).

I'll tell what though, there is more information being leaked out of that place than in years past, it makes me wonder if there is some not too happy employees working there. A few years ago Amedola's injury would be classified as a "leg"...with no time table of a return.

I agree with sticking with the receivers they have - I think they all have potential - I think a guy like Thompkins could use 5-7 pounds of muscle and the strength that goes with it...if he does that next year? I think his ceiling will be pushed up a little higher. And what the hell is happening with Boyce?! He is not even playing, I know it's early, but I'm surprised by this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzinhornet. Show buzzinhornet's posts

I think the Patriots would have to pick-up a vet who has been in camp like a Michael Jenkins or Greg Salas who we had last year.  I think Salas is now just on the Eagles practice squad, and thus free to "poach".

I don't know how much of an upgrade either of these guys would be, but with Jenkins you get a solid vet who has been arround.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

I am sure Brady is a lot smarter than that.  No doubt, if any player begins making "demands" with BB, his career in NE is likely to come to an abrupt halt. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Tom Brady spent 3 months with the WRs on the team and he couldn't get on the same page with them, you think Tom would sync up with a new WR he never worked with just like that, huh? 

Okay, the kids are talented, they just need guidance.

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Chad Jackson knows the system and is just hitting his prime.   Haha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

breaston and l. robinson would be at least worth bringing in to have a look see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I wish they had brought in 10 of those guys over the summer to see if any would fit.  It's hard for any player to work into a new system during the season. 

The whole thing just stinks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

I really dont think its time to panic, when watching the game, believe it or not I noticed a marked improvement by the rookies from game 1 to game 2, other than the 4 obvious plays thursday night, the rookies were where they were suppose to be, what they need obvious improvement will be to turn their heads as soon as they make their cuts because Tom is more than likely has already thrown the ball. Secondly Dobson needs to "learn to catch", it could be just a case of a youngster overly excited and that will improve as games go by.

Overall, i'd say they are improving and once we get Ama and Gronk back the offense will once again be as explosive as we all have come to expect.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Unbelievable...

1. They brought Jenkins in and he got beat out by the rookies, along with everyone else.

2. Lloyd was cut and then asked back for less money, he declined.

3. What makes you think a vet can pick up this system any better than a rookie, ask Chad Johnson and Joey Galloway how they did learning the system.

4. You people have zero patience, considering I know most of your age's from posts about who you are, this is disconcerting.

Relax, resign yourself to the eventuality that this team will lose a few games, if not the next one then most likely to Atlanta on the road the following week.  Remember that back in 2001 we won games by a field goal, the team was strung together with parts from other teams who were unwanted and considered role players at best, we found ways to win even if it was ugly.  

The good news is the WR corps is very talented, they're playing every week and learning, have shown a knack for getting open even if they haven't caught a ton of balls.  It can only get better so enjoy the process instead of hemming and hawing and wringing your hands, it won't help the rookies learn any faster or your blood pressure.  

I for one am glad we have a fully rebuilt defense, a run game and a group of speedy, athletic receivers.  

Show some fortitude, I thought New Englanders were tough?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I for one am glad we have a fully rebuilt defense, a run game and a group of speedy, athletic receivers.  

If you're happy about this group of speedy, athletic receivers, I would like to order 10 pounds of whatever it is you've been injecting into your veins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If you're happy about this group of speedy, athletic receivers, I would like to order 10 pounds of whatever it is you've been injecting into your veins.

I suppose you were happy with the ancient group we had last year; Branch, Stallworth etc...

Or more likely you're one of the "well we should have signed so and so in the offseason," never realizing that there were X amount of wide receivers available in the offseason and they all either stunk, were overpriced or were vets who our coaches knew sight unseen that couldn't understand or play in our system.

Then there's the last group; why don't we coax Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Chris Carter out of retirement to come play for us... which one are you, because all I hear is crying.

And please, don't mention Wes Welker, we had him for the better part of a decade and didn't win any rings to speak of, we offered him more than he is making in Denver a year ago and he turned it down and eventually signed with Denver because he had nowhere else to go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I suppose you were happy with the ancient group we had last year; Branch, Stallworth etc...

Or more likely you're one of the "well we should have signed so and so in the offseason," never realizing that there were X amount of wide receivers available in the offseason and they all either stunk, were overpriced or were vets who our coaches knew sight unseen that couldn't understand or play in our system.

Then there's the last group; why don't we coax Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Chris Carter out of retirement to come play for us... which one are you, because all I hear is crying.

None of the above.  Other teams have awesome receivers, why can't the Pats GM deliver on that as well?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

None of the above.  Other teams have awesome receivers, why can't the Pats GM deliver on that as well?

We've been a top three offense in the NFL since 2007, so either you're wrong or "awesome receivers" aren't necessary.  

Also our receivers are 19-22 years old, the "awesome receivers" you're talking about have been in the NFL for what... 2-5 years or more.  

These guys might be awesome by season's end, I think they will.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

We've been a top three offense in the NFL since 2007, so either you're wrong or "awesome receivers" aren't necessary.  

Also our receivers are 19-22 years old, the "awesome receivers" you're talking about have been in the NFL for what... 2-5 years or more.  

These guys might be awesome by season's end, I think they will.

I'll ask the same question again:  Other teams have awesome receivers, why can't the Pats GM deliver on that as well?

I don't care about 2007.  I'm talking about the 2013 season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Unbelievable...

1. They brought Jenkins in and he got beat out by the rookies, along with everyone else.

2. Lloyd was cut and then asked back for less money, he declined.

3. What makes you think a vet can pick up this system any better than a rookie, ask Chad Johnson and Joey Galloway how they did learning the system.

4. You people have zero patience, considering I know most of your age's from posts about who you are, this is disconcerting.

Relax, resign yourself to the eventuality that this team will lose a few games, if not the next one then most likely to Atlanta on the road the following week.  Remember that back in 2001 we won games by a field goal, the team was strung together with parts from other teams who were unwanted and considered role players at best, we found ways to win even if it was ugly.  

The good news is the WR corps is very talented, they're playing every week and learning, have shown a knack for getting open even if they haven't caught a ton of balls.  It can only get better so enjoy the process instead of hemming and hawing and wringing your hands, it won't help the rookies learn any faster or your blood pressure.  

That made me laugh Wozzy . . . and it's so true.  I'll just reiterate what I said earlier.  The rookies have skills we haven't seen in Foxboro in several years.  Yes, they're making a ton of mistakes right now, but let's give them a few weeks to settle in.  We are asking an awful lot of them as rookies because of all the injuries.  Baptism by fire.  I've got my fingers crossed that by midseason one or two of these of these guys is going to prove he's a dependable NFL-quality starter.  That's all we need.

I also agree with jjbag above.  I did see progress from last week with Thompkins, and of course, with Dobson actually getting on the field.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts