Cushing Out for Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Cushing Out for Season

On NFL.com, its reported that he potentially has a torn ACL and would probably miss the whole season.

Demeco Ryans was already traded to the Eagles.

Unlike SF who has two beasts up the middle in Bowman and Willis, I cannot name a MLB on this HOU team.

Main players in the AFC will be BAL and NE...who will both find it easier to run up the middle on this defense.

Sucks for the Texans...but a reminder that it's only week 5 and there are more injuries to come for all teams.

The pats are not strangers to late/postseason injuries...but at least we got out of the game with pollard injury free

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Cushing Out for Season

Thats why i do not want an 18 game season. Too many stars get hurt as it is. I guess you could say the Baltimore loss was a moral victory. Pollard didn't manage to mangle anyone.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

On NFL.com, its reported that he potentially has a torn ACL and would probably miss the whole season.

Unlike SF who has two beasts up the middle in Bowman and Willis, I cannot name a MLB on this HOU team.

Main players in the AFC will be BAL and NE...who will both find it easier to run up the middle on this defense.

Sucks for the Texans...but a reminder that it's only week 5 and there are more injuries to come for all teams.

The pats are not strangers to late/postseason injuries...but at least we got out of the game with pollard injury free

ur counting out tx because of this? u gotta be kidding...if u dont think tx cab beat the pats or ravens u gotta wake up a little

i agree

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Im not counting out the Texans. If you read my other posts, I still think they will be major contenders and can still beat the Pats.

I'm simply pointing out the fact that compared to last years defense, they've lost two major components in Ryans and Cushing.

Losing a starter hurts, losing one who is as good as Cushing hurts even more...especially when theyre biggest competition in the AFC have rbs who can run up the middle...and TEs that can catch the ball

Not counting out HOU, but I think there is a smaller gap between them and NE and BAL

(HOU and SF were my far and away best teams prior to the MNF game)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I still think the Texans are serious contenders but losing Cushing definitely hurts them.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

ur counting out tx because of this? u gotta be kidding...if u dont think tx cab beat the pats or ravens u gotta wake up a little

i agree

seems like he wants to that to be the case...brian cushing out so now its just us and balt

nope...and counting out the steelers too early also a mistake

Nope. No doubt the main contenders are Bal, Hou, and NE. I think that will ring true the whole season. Doesnt mean I don't think another team can get hot and win like the GMen last season. 6 teams make the playoffs and that is always a new season in itself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

I wasn't impressed with the Texans after watching the game. For all the talk about how great they are, they struggled to beat a depleted/injured NY Jets team? Who have they played? Their soft schedule will come back to haunt them come playoffs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Texans were exposed last night.  They are a product of their weak schedule.  Their offence consists of an old WR and a RB.....that's it.  They won last night because the Jets are a complete disaster.  Don't let some Giant troll who hangs out on a Patriot board tell you otherwise.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ouch! 

The NFL needs to increase roster size, imo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if its true, thats a big blow to them.....it was a dirty block too, that should be a fine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

The Texans were exposed last night.  They are a product of their weak schedule.  Their offence consists of an old WR and a RB.....that's it.  They won last night because the Jets are a complete disaster.  Don't let some Giant troll who hangs out on a Patriot board tell you otherwise.

spoken like a pats blowhard..."exposed"! yeah based on one game. amazing...cherry pick whatever helps ur agenda, texans still 5-0 and gonna be real tough, esp at home...

besides, t cal, u ought to have more attention for my observations; after all I do know a possible champion when I see one I have a little experience with that sort of thing  :  )

Very funny, I am diehard pats fan living on long island.  Give the giants credit they have play red tough in the two sb wins. The gameswere close and could have been flipped. That's the beauty of sports.  I will offer my opinion to what teams are for real in week14. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

In response to tg19pats's comment:

spoken like a pats blowhard..."exposed"! yeah based on one game. amazing...cherry pick whatever helps ur agenda, texans still 5-0 and gonna be real tough, esp at home...

besides, t cal, u ought to have more attention for my observations; after all I do know a possible champion when I see one I have a little experience with that sort of thing  :  )

Very funny, I am diehard pats fan living on long island.  Give the giants credit they have play red tough in the two sb wins. The gameswere close and could have been flipped. That's the beauty of sports.  I will offer my opinion to what teams are for real in week14. 

great games-classics

and i still think TX every bit as good as Pats and ravens

Using ipad will have to adjust the spelling features, the pats should be able to make another strong playoff push. Good on both sides of the ball and HOPEFUULY growing into a consistent defense that plays up to its potential. Personally not a big fan of the ravens. I think their defense is getting old and will hurt them this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I think the main reason the Texans let Mario Williams go (former #1 pick) is because they already have some very good defensive players (that and the cap + injuries). Even Brady throws a clinker once in awhile and Schaub did not look that good. Foster looked really good and the texans D made stops when they had to. IMO just because your the highest ranked AFC team in the power rankings doesn't mean you'll play great all the time. Houston will not be a cakewalk for the Pats by any stretch of the imagination. The Jets were able to stop Johnson, but Foster kept gashing them. Different teams pose different match-up problems. Houston played their C game and still managed to win.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I don't agree with this at all. Listen, good teams have mediocre games and sometimes they even lose games too! Like I said on the other thread, the Giants lost to the Wrecks Grossman-led Redskins twice last year but it didn't seem to affect them as they won the SB. Do you think NE was exposed as they s**t the bed against Arizona?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

We'll find out how good the Texans are in December. A lot will change between now and then.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

You can't deny the insane amount of talent they have on their roster, with or without Cushing.

They are a legit team.

And J.J. Watt is a beast with 12 inch frying pans for hands.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to tg19pats's comment:

great games-classics

and i still think TX every bit as good as Pats and ravens

Hey Jints--Go find some dirty dumpster to play in - you won't have trouble finding one in that cesspool called NY!   BTW no one wants you on this PATS message board---typical obnoxious/arrogant  New Yorker- doesn't even know when he's not wanted? What a goofball!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts