Cut Ochocinco and SIGN RANDY MOSS (Steelers ran the 10-1 defense...)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Re: Cut Ochocinco and SIGN RANDY MOSS (Steelers ran the 10-1 defense...)

We dumped him for a reason.  He wasn't very productive.  I think that these moves designed to send a message are getting a little old.  I'm not saying that Chad isn't just awful, I just don't know if grabbing another guy off the scap heap is the answer.  I'd be more inclined to get TO than Moss.  He had like 70 catches last year.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Cut Ochocinco and SIGN RANDY MOSS (Steelers ran the 10-1 defense...):
    [QUOTE]  I'd be more inclined to get TO than Moss.  He had like 70 catches last year.  
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]

TO just came off major surgery.  Look at Welker last year.  He clearly wasn't himself and he is far better than TO at this point because of his age.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

For the money that the Pats paid to Ocho, Randy Moss will do the wideout job better.  Randy should be back to the Pats uniform eventhough he got less paid than Ocho.  But the chance he got a championship ring is more reality as well as the Pats is going deep to the playoff.  Eventhought, he is a third receiver in the Pats team, It is still better than the other that the Pats have right now.  Of course, the defense have to give Moss a respect otherwis, He will be danced at the endzone.
    %110 agree, cut the Robin Ocho and sign Randy back.  For this move, Tom Brady is the most happy in the Pats team.  Mr. BB!! what you are waiting for?  another first round playoff exit again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'm officially on board...OCHO is a MISTAKE-O....lose him & insert Price...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Cut Ocho is right. Call randy NOW Bill we want to have a shot. I cant believe people are voting the Bills better than us but I guess right now they could be

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

cut 85 and sign 81 again but wait Hernandez is wearing 81, maybe Randy can take him out for lunch and grab the real 81 again......

little humor today..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Cut Ochocinco and SIGN RANDY MOSS (Steelers ran the 10-1 defense...):
    [QUOTE]fire bill and ill be happy.
    Posted by No-Mercy-Defence[/QUOTE]

STFUP DA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Ocho is Dudo. Price needs to be on the field. RM is not coming thourgh that door.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Heck at this point TO would be better than Ochostinko. A trust me,I can`t stand the guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

They are going to have to do something with Ochocinco pretty soon. The longer he sits the dumber the organization looks.  Play him or dump him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]For the money that the Pats paid to Ocho, Randy Moss will do the wideout job better.  Randy should be back to the Pats uniform eventhough he got less paid than Ocho.  But the chance he got a championship ring is more reality as well as the Pats is going deep to the playoff.  Eventhought, he is a third receiver in the Pats team, It is still better than the other that the Pats have right now.  Of course, the defense have to give Moss a respect otherwis, He will be danced at the endzone. %110 agree, cut the Robin Ocho and sign Randy back.  For this move, Tom Brady is the most happy in the Pats team.  Mr. BB!! what you are waiting for?  another first round playoff exit again.
    Posted by profootball[/QUOTE]

Exactly

Moss might not be 2007 Moss, but I'd still bet $6million (or a portion of whatever cap space the team has left) that 2011 Moss is still better than 2011 Ochocinco

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Randy!! Randy!! Randy!! open your eyes Bill we need him

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Amazing how so many people were tired of the Moss talk early in the season and now so many are calling out for the Moss Man!!  I bet if the Pats picked him up Moss wouldout perform Ocho's season numbers in 1 game.

I have been saying all along the deep threat was needed on this team, even if it's just to keep the defense honest and open up a short route.  Teams will not respect any of the current receivers as deep threats, not like the respect Moss would get.  Really, it's a no brainer!  Time to make that call BB!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]We dumped him for a reason.  He wasn't very productive.  I think that these moves designed to send a message are getting a little old.  I'm not saying that Chad isn't just awful, I just don't know if grabbing another guy off the scap heap is the answer.  I'd be more inclined to get TO than Moss.  He had like 70 catches last year.  
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]

Moss had 3 TDs in 3 starts for us last year. Most people would call that productive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Price had done nothing to make one think he is an alternative. He can't even take Branch's job.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

Even if Randy Moss is not the 2007 Moss any more he would command respect on the deep routes. The Pats need desperately a deep threat!!! Even when Brady had plenty of time for throwing he couldn't find any target.
    It was discussed at length on this forum prior to the draft that the Pats needed to draft a deep threat... Beside Solder who did they draft high? One brittle CB already on IR, one RB who didn't even see the field yet and another RB who can't even start over a 35 years old veteran... Yeah, go figure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I wasn't tired of it. I said cut OCHO and bring back Randy all along. BB call Randy NOW he is expecting it so just do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

without a deep threat were probably going to see that "10-1" defense, it looks attrocious but with no fast recievers with legit deep threat were in some trouble in the pass game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

Cut ocho, bring in Randy, give more reps to Price and Slater the speedsters. looks like Slater can bring it in when given the chance.......first game against the bills

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Not having a legitimate deep threat has been a problem for some time. Randy sorry to say doesn't demand double coverage anymore. not to say he's not or might not be better than Ocho, but he ain't beating anyone long or rolling safeties over to help anymore.

Price i think or even Slater mixed in is our best long ball threat at this point. Price needs to get more reps (OB said so!). He beat his man at Pitt on Sunday, and Brady underthrew him. Get Price the ball more. He's big and fast enough to seperate from CB's, and having him do so will make the short game a lot better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Randy has already come out and said that him or his agent takes a call a week from teams that are interested.  He said in the statement that he is "listening"  Which means he is waiting for the right offer...

Money + Years + right team = RANDY MOSS.

I think we SHOULD go get Randy, but it cant just become the Tom and Randy show again like before.. He has to know his role and accept that.  2 or 3 deep shots a game, some redzone targets, and a few 3rd down conversions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Moss is sooooooooooooooo DONE! Did any of you actually watch him in the last games he played. This isn't the Randy of 2007. Done. Done. Done! Stop bringing it up! There are no easy answers. Yes Ocho needs to go...
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

You don't know your as s from your elbow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Not having a legitimate deep threat has been a problem for some time. Randy sorry to say doesn't demand double coverage anymore. not to say he's not or might not be better than Ocho, but he ain't beating anyone long or rolling safeties over to help anymore. Price i think or even Slater mixed in is our best long ball threat at this point. Price needs to get more reps (OB said so!). He beat his man at Pitt on Sunday, and Brady underthrew him. Get Price the ball more. He's big and fast enough to seperate from CB's, and having him do so will make the short game a lot better.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Moss in this offense will get the double coverage.   If they don't double Moss then throw it to Moss.  I bet he still has decent speed, better then the current crop of receivers I would imagine,  and he will go up and get the ball, he has the height at 6'4".  If they double him then the short game, Welker, Branch, Gronk, Hernandez are all there.  It would really open up the offense with options. 

Price and Slater, while they may be fast they sure don't have the skills or experience that Moss has.  And I don't care how happy the Pats are with Ocho in practice, the fact of the matter is he offers nothing on the field that the Patriots don't already have.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]Not having a legitimate deep threat has been a problem for some time. Randy sorry to say doesn't demand double coverage anymore. not to say he's not or might not be better than Ocho, but he ain't beating anyone long or rolling safeties over to help anymore. Price i think or even Slater mixed in is our best long ball threat at this point. Price needs to get more reps (OB said so!). He beat his man at Pitt on Sunday, and Brady underthrew him. Get Price the ball more. He's big and fast enough to seperate from CB's, and having him do so will make the short game a lot better.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree.  i think moss could step on the field tomorrow and leave 90% of the corners in this league chocking on the wake of his dust.  He's also got arguably the best hands in football.  He'd be a huge red zone threat, can make those special kind of catches were his feet are in bounds while his body's at a 45 degree angle and a good yard out of bounds (with a safety draped on him).  Also, he's a move the chains threat with his ability to run 15 yard sideline routes.  This is the only capability we have come to hope for concerning Ocho.  Ocho hasn't been able to provide this and Moss can.  So even with out the deep threat of 4 years ago, he'd still spread the field another 8 to ten yards for the other receivers on most days, and he'd still bring a number of other valuable assets to the offense.

I'd like to see Price get more of a chance to gain some game time comfort with Brady as well.

Who knows, Edleman might be on a short leash now and Chad might stick around and BB could still call on Moss. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Agree with everyone. Ocho is a wasted spot...sign Randy to, if nothing else, keep the bad guys honest. Otherwise, we will NEVER beat a great team.