cut slater, keep sims

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: cut slater, keep sims

Ok...  Ballard, fells gone, so both Slater and Sims make it on the team.  maybe Sims can bulk up and be a small TE/ Hybrid player like Hernandez.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Did you actually watch the Pats on STs without Slater coolade? I'm with patseng on this.

Great point. Without Slater it was bad. I do like how Simms stayed on his feet on that catch across the middle. I know a receiver from last year who would have been on the ground before he caught it. I beleive his name rymed with boyd. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Did you actually watch the Pats on STs without Slater coolade? I'm with patseng on this.

Great point. Without Slater it was bad. I do like how Simms stayed on his feet on that catch across the middle. I know a receiver from last year who would have been on the ground before he caught it. I beleive his name rymed with boyd. :)

Great point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Sometimes I think we fans get way too caught up in the final 53. Bottom line (for me, at least) is if they keep Sims over Slater, or vice versa, they end up with the same record. Neither are going to be difference makers, special teams captain or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Sims has impressed for a while now, not just in last nights game. On the slater point, I would kepep slater over sims. 

what got me thinking and comparing is sims to Dobson. Both roughly the same size, but I think sims has better separation off the line than Dobson and, he is a fighter unlike Dobson. Don't get me wrong, I really like Dobson, but maybe we should be talking about sims vs another WR like Dobson or Edelman, or maybe Washington? 

Patseng...get your point on why we keep Edelman given the youth movement. However, I would rather give to Boyce, edelmans snaps. Boyce I think can be this year a better WR than Edelman, and, he can line up everywhere including the slot. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

And Boyce can return punts and kickoffs...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Ok...  Ok...  most people here love your Jackie.  Got it.  when players get nicked up you can trot him out there.  Meanwhile Sims will be catching balls on another team.

This idea that the 6 wr gets no playing time... Maybe he moves up the depth chart to #3.  Maybe he is rotated into a sub package for 10 plays and catches4 balls.  This talent is worth keeping since you know you need it and oh by the way...  It is a RARE talent.  Jackie can't do it.  Maybeyou keep 7 guys and let the season play out a little. then you maybe you drop Leon based on one of these rooks showing punt return capabilty.  Really... Boyce, dobson, sims.  Somebody run back kicks please.  Edelman of course, but a solid #2 returner is needed.

I think the argument books down to which guy do you protect from being scarfed up by another team and which guy will slip unnoticed to the practice squad.

Bethel Johnson was a rare talent too!

Sections
Shortcuts