Cutdown Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Cutdown Thread

Hey everyone,

since this is cutdown day and we'll have reports coming in from here, there, and everywhere I thought it might be useful to have one centralized thread to report the cuts. 

Those who were cut:

No one yet

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Cutdown Thread

I bet you half these guys found out they were being cut yesterday and are already out of town. I really wish there was a reporter in this town that could penetrate the walls of Patriot Place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Always an interesting day

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm nervous!

I really would like to see one receiver brought in and added to the roster today after cuts have been made.  I also hope to see Brian Waters name appear on the roster today.

Lets get this cut day started.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey PatsEng, I just hope TexasPats feelings aren't hurt that you started this thread and that you mention that you think we should just use one thread for all the talk about player cuts.  How selfish and egotistical of you to do so!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I wanted to post this story here but it's a bit long.  It's a fun read, imo, and kind of puts this cut day into perspective. check it out.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/a-little-perspective-on-final-cutdown-days

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In response to Cutdown Thread:

Hey PatsEng, I just hope TexasPats feelings aren't hurt that you started this thread and that you mention that you think we should just use one thread for all the talk about player cuts.  How selfish and egotistical of you to do so!!

What a communist way to do things. I think each player deserves its own thread, and each of those threads need to be a battle. USA USA USA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

bubble player.....but I did like Francis........hope he makes it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I wanted to post this story here but it's a bit long.  It's a fun read, imo, and kind of puts this cut day into perspective. check it out.

Good story TFB. It makes you wonder what our favorite players are like in real life. Most of them are probably real buttheads. Or maybe not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Links don't work anymore...bummer

Good story TFB. It makes you wonder what our favorite players are like in real life. Most of them are probably real buttheads. Or maybe not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I tried to respond to the above post but for some reason my post started in the middle of Diggers?

Anyway, interested to see what happens today.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I bet you half these guys found out they were being cut yesterday and are already out of town. I really wish there was a reporter in this town that could penetrate the walls of Patriot Place.

Do you really want the Pat's to leak info or voluntarily give out info? When you have unnamed sources  and constant leaks and people giving out info freely it tends to lead to situations like the Sox have all the time.

It is just my opinion and preference but I prefer the way the Pat's operate as it pertains to dealing with the media.

I agree except in this case. If the player is cut and the paperwork filed then the info has to be released eventually why not as the cuts are finalized and made? The biggest difference between the Sox and Pats is that the Sox will "leak" the cut before it is even made by smearing who every is about to be fired. The Pats on the other hand wait until the day after to make the annoucments. Can we have something inbetween? You know, don't smear the guy or inform us of his release until they are offically released but also not wait until the the after the deadline to annouce it?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Do you really want the Pat's to leak info or voluntarily give out info? When you have unnamed sources  and constant leaks and people giving out info freely it tends to lead to situations like the Sox have all the time.

It is just my opinion and preference but I prefer the way the Pat's operate as it pertains to dealing with the media.

I agree except in this case. If the player is cut and the paperwork filed then the info has to be released eventually why not as the cuts are finalized and made? The biggest difference between the Sox and Pats is that the Sox will "leak" the cut before it is even made by smearing who every is about to be fired. The Pats on the other hand wait until the day after to make the annoucments. Can we have something inbetween? You know, don't smear the guy or inform us of his release until they are offically released but also not wait until the the after the deadline to annouce it?

If the cuts were filed with the league we would know. If a player was cut yesterday i am sure the player would have tweeted or alerted someone. I just think it is cleaner and creates less confusion and drama to operate the way they do in foxboro. It may not be the correct way but in my opinion (and that is all it is) I think it is better for the organization including the players to provide only the information that is required and say as little as possible.

This is true. We'll hear it when we hear it essentially but I was more referring to the Pats actually annoucement period then when we actually hear about it. It would be nice as cuts were made to have an updated roster available instead of hearing rumors or sources. Notice that with the Pats things are known but not confirmed until 3-4 days after the deadline fact? If the info is already out there and has been finalized why such a long delay to make it official with the team via either website roster updates on just a basic statement? I don't think we need hourly updates but maybe 2 updates total. One the night before about roster updates (ie when the vets got cut Sunday night before the 75 man cut down or last night if any moves were made) and one 30mins after the roster cutdown deadline it's self (both 75 man and 53 man). Don't think the double agent act needs to exist after the fact when a move is made

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

There should be a comprehensive list of cuts made available for our viewing pleasure @ 8:59:59 this evening!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

There was once... Unfortunately he was never heard from again... I believe the News Outlet received his thumb in the mail!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Packers waived WR Tori Gurley.

Teams in need of wideout help should have their ears perked up. Gurley was a darling of the practice squad last season and the offseason program this year. The 6'4/232 South Carolina product was simply buried in the Packers' deep receiving corps.

Just thought I'd post this.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Packers waived WR Tori Gurley.

Teams in need of wideout help should have their ears perked up. Gurley was a darling of the practice squad last season and the offseason program this year. The 6'4/232 South Carolina product was simply buried in the Packers' deep receiving corps.

Just thought I'd post this.....

Poor guy. That's not a very manly name.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hrm I would not mind putting in a claim for Gurley at all. He's got great size and decent speed. Needs to work on route running a little but nothing that can't be worked on

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Links don't work anymore...bummer

Highlite the link, right click, then select open link. It works.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

On the topic of Packer WR's... I'm still pissed that BB passed up Randall Cobb for Shane Vereen, and I was someone who was high on Shane Vereen in the 2011 draft.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Reading tea leaves, deliveries have been made to Brian Waters' locker. Nike gear hung with care. All they need is BW."

Per Tom E. Curran

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Hoyer, Koppen and possibly Ihedigbo cut.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/08/31/patriots-cuts-bill-belichick-tasked-with-trimming-roster-down-to-53/

Sections
Shortcuts