Cutdown Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Cutdown Thread

In response to Cutdown Thread:

UPDATE (4:45 P.M.) - Greg Bedard reports the Patriots have released Safety Sergio Brown. Brown confirmed the move a few minutes later on his Twitter page.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

that's good to hear because that basically means that Ebner made the team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots release Matt Kopa Tackle

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Patriots release Matt Kopa Tackle

this was a mild surprise, sort of, I thought it was down to him, Thomas, and Cannon for 2 backup spots

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

not a surprise as i wake up (branch a bit only in that he wasnt really replaced in the offseason) 
    re branch, at the end of the season i was ready to move on and replace him. 
    however since we seemed to have not replaced him, a bit of a suprise. 
    i wouldnt be suprised if he joins the team later in the year. i didnt see how his legs were gonna make it through the season to the supe bowl. a risk though with soime teams needing wr help bad. maybe therse's an agreement to make it worth his while if he waits it out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I bet you half these guys found out they were being cut yesterday and are already out of town. I really wish there was a reporter in this town that could penetrate the walls of Patriot Place.

:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I'm nervous!

I really would like to see one receiver brought in and added to the roster today after cuts have been made.  I also hope to see Brian Waters name appear on the roster today.

Lets get this cut day started.

+1
    and +1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I bet you half these guys found out they were being cut yesterday and are already out of town. I really wish there was a reporter in this town that could penetrate the walls of Patriot Place.

Do you really want the Pat's to leak info or voluntarily give out info? When you have unnamed sources  and constant leaks and people giving out info freely it tends to lead to situations like the Sox have all the time.

It is just my opinion and preference but I prefer the way the Pat's operate as it pertains to dealing with the media.

agreed. i want to know, but dont want the consequences that would result if i did.
    feel me?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

UPDATE (4:45 P.M.) - Greg Bedard reports the Patriots have released Safety Sergio Brown. Brown confirmed the move a few minutes later on his Twitter page.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

that's good to hear because that basically means that Ebner made the team

Nasty Nate!  Time to start the fan club!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Hrm I would not mind putting in a claim for Gurley at all. He's got great size and decent speed. Needs to work on route running a little but nothing that can't be worked on

hmmm thats something liek ive been wanting for this team....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

On the topic of Packer WR's... I'm still pissed that BB passed up Randall Cobb for Shane Vereen, and I was someone who was high on Shane Vereen in the 2011 draft.

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Reading tea leaves, deliveries have been made to Brian Waters' locker. Nike gear hung with care. All they need is BW."

Per Tom E. Curran

some of us said this would happen

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

My ego and I would love for Justin Francis to make this football team.

like him to make it too

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Hoyer, Branch, Koppen, Ihedigbo... all released

I thought all 4 would make the team.... wow

i cut them except for branch

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Add Deion Branch to the cut list.

+1

Now that is a tad shocking

Could be simple manuevering by BB and Co. as I believe that veteran salaries are guaranteed if a player is on the roster week 1.  He's clearly lost a step or two, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he (or Gaffney, etc.) was brought back after week 1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

What this all means is... I'm getting closer and closer to procuring a Nate Ebner jersey... and I never buy player jerseys.

:)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Branch is another guy I have no problem with them cutting - although I'm shocked after all the other receivers they got rid of. I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Miami picked him up or even the Jets. At least you know that you get a pretty hard working locker room guy in Branch, who's legs won't give out till after halloween...not bad for some teams.

agree with it all..though i think there is a wink and a nod with branch.
    id rather not play him till 2nd half year myself (though as i said then, i would have liked to upgrarde him in the offseason).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Packers release Andrew Datko, WHO?  lol he's a Florida State OT who went undrafted.  He's 6'6" 315 nice feet but was called "underpowered".  He's good when zone blocking and getting to the second level but bull rushes can give him problems until he gets stronger.  As a PS guy he has upside.  He has really good technic so get him in the weight room.

good to know..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

On the topic of Packer WR's... I'm still pissed that BB passed up Randall Cobb for Shane Vereen, and I was someone who was high on Shane Vereen in the 2011 draft.

He also passed up Torrie Smith, who is an even better player. Smith could have been the deep threat that the Pats have been lacking. 

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I'm surprised to see Hoyer go.   Even Bedard called Mallett "mediocre" in the preseason.  I guess we just have to hope, as always that TB stays upright all year.

Meanwhile with cuts all over the league there will be bargains on Overstock.com

BB is risking carrying just two QBs, because he wanted the use of an extra roster spot, more than the tad of insurance that Hoyer could provide. I agree with this decision. I mean, let's be real...if anything serious happens to Tom Brady, the Pats are through, whether Hoyer is available or not. 

been saying the same all offseason.
    re mallet mediocre
    what do you think hoyer is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Branch will be back and although I could see a team picking him up, this late into the preseason I think it will be unlikey. BB obviously has the confidence in the players on this team, can't beleive we need 5 RBs though, and I am sure he discussed this with Brady before cutting Branch.

Other teams have cut some interesting players, but I don't see BB going out and giving all these guys a shot.

As far as BB drafting Vereen, Torrie Smith and Randall Cobb are good, but, we had Ochocinco coming in and now that we have Lloyd our deep passing will be fine. Not to mention we don't through many deep passes anymore and BB has terrible luck drafting WRs. Whit that said I could see BB going after and WR in next years draft.

" d BB has terrible luck drafting WRs"

you can say that again., cbs hae not been that great either

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Ebert made the team.  Riess already reported he is at practice.  Anyone cut or being cut is not at practice.

Clear to see there is a serious youth movement going on with these Pats.

finallly, though i think we could have done a lto better than ebert with all the receivers that came out last year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I guess a possibility I didn't think about with Branch is the option to bring him back later in the season as opposed to after week 1 as some have suggested (which as I noted in my previous post has little financial impact).  Perhaps by then an injury will open up a spot for him or something.  That at least kind of makes sense since it is pretty clear at this point that Branch can't make it through a full season at a high level.  Still I wouldn't be surprised if he is done.

agree with yoru post. again, thought we shoudl upgrade him over season. when he was bakc felt if anything, he should start toward the end of the year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

weems cut per sports hub

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Several ex Patriots have also been cut..

Tiquan Underwood 
    Darius Butler
    Gary Guyton
    Antwan Molden
    Dan Gronkowski

I feel bad for Underwood.  Hopefully he gets a shot somewhere else.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

ESPN is reporting Kettani is cut.  

Sections
Shortcuts