Cutler and Cassel Stunk in Their Debuts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Cutler and Cassel Stunk in Their Debuts

I was glad to hear that about Cutler.  I wasn't glad to hear that about Cassel.  He gave us a respectable season last year after we all thought we were facing certain doom.  Maybe he's just not a preseason player...

OK, only one preseason game has been played so we really have no idea how well they will both do.  That said, Cutler sucking in a preseason game is still better than Cutler looking good in a preseason game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Re: Cutler and Cassel Stunk in Their Debuts

I don't know what happened to Cutler....but poor Cassel had to start the game without his go-to guy, Bowe due to a continuing war between the receiver and the HC....to make matters worse, 2 out of the three incomplete passes (2/5) were dropped....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Orton stunk more than either of them He had so much time to throw the ball, but he stared down his receivers and the defense knew it. 3 interceptions! Yikes!! Simms may end up being the starter by the end of preseason. Bet McDaniels has more than a migraine right now.

Cutler should have had two interceptions, but the defender dropped the ball. The coach yanked him quick after that.

I've missed what's going on with Bowe. but the boggled snap looked pretty bad!
    Come on Matt--you're better than that! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

And speaking of QB's neither Anderson or Quinn scored a point. Not surprised when Ratgini can't make a decision! Neither of them deserve to have that fat Ba*stard for a HC!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Hey, I have season tickets to the New England Patriots(western mass). I always go with my brother, but he can't make it this year, so I am looking for someone to go with me and that loves the Pats!!! Leave me your Email.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Cutler and Cassel Stunk in Their Debuts:
    I was glad to hear that about Cutler.  I wasn't glad to hear that about Cassel.  He gave us a respectable season last year after we all thought we were facing certain doom.  Maybe he's just not a preseason player... OK, only one preseason game has been played so we really have no idea how well they will both do.  That said, Cutler sucking in a preseason game is still better than Cutler looking good in a preseason game.
    Posted by carawaydj

Not making excuses for Cassel...but his game was played in a driving rain-storm. A replay of the game between Cassel's Chiefs and the Houston Texans is currently being shown on the NFL channel.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Cassel went 2 for 15 yds and a fumble, that bad, real bad!  Brodie Croyle was far more productive!  I like Cassel, but the Pats made out like bandits with their trade for K.C.  And I know it's only preseason, but Cassel stats show something is very wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

The guy is gona B great...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Grogan:

While I agree with you, in general terms, about Cassel....don't forget that he didn't have his primary receiver (Bowe) when he was going up against Houston's first string defense....while almost half of Croyle's completions were to Bowe - versus the Texans' 2nd and 3rd stringers...you may be right over the long-term, but I'll wait a couple of more games before climbing aboard that wagon....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Cassel isn't that bad.  That's what I said a year ago too. 

When you get traded to a (gag!) 2-14 team that you don't know, and then a new coach in diapers installs a Patriots-style offense that none of the other offensive players from the 2-14 team know, and the game is played in a driving rainstorm, says Texas Pat, and your top receiver is off having a beer with his agent, then maybe you won't do so well.

Let me add that Mark Sanchez looked absolutely great against the 2-14 St. Louis Rams second team, completing 3 passes in that game.

Furthermore, Trent Edwards threw 10 for 10 with the Bills, but when you look at Edwards's actual completions you see why the Bills only scored 3 points in three drives.  On third down, a pass completed for a 2 yard loss.  On first down, a pass for a 2 yard gain.  On second down and 8, an 8 yard sack.  On third and 16, a pass for only an 8 yard gain.  On second and 9, a pass for a 3 yard gain.  On third and 6, a pass for only a 5 yard gain bringing up fourth down.  (In fairness, Edwards himself made a successful fourth down run).  Then there was another 5 yard sack and then a field goal was kicked. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If fairness to both, they're with new teams.  Cassall was jittery and had happy feet, not exactly the calm cool collected guy at the end of last season.  Maybe by the time preseason ends he will have calmed down and making some nice throws... than again he will never be throwing to receivers the caliber of Moss or Welker.

Cutler is the kind of QB who needs a strong willed coach who insists on an active running game and ball control offense.  He is a slinger much like Elway or Farve were when they were young, not saying the results will be the same but you take the good with the bad and try to put him in a good position to throw.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tobes18. Show Tobes18's posts

Cassel won't be anywhere as good as he was with any other team. The offensive weapons he had with the Pats made him a good QB. Now that he is with Chiefs who really have no one besides Bowe (who has a beef with his HC), it may not be pretty. Give him great weapons and he'll be good but he's not the type of QB that can make something out of nothing.

And Orton did worse than any QB. He didnt even look like a QB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

you cant judge someone with just 5 attempts,and a fumble?basicly just one series in bad weather with no starting receivers.manning was sacked three times.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Cutler and Cassel Stunk in Their Debuts:

Thats because they are both overrated.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

In Response to Re: Cutler and Cassel Stunk in Their Debuts:
      Cutler and Cassel Stunk in Their Debuts : Thats because they are both overrated.
    Posted by jbolted

If anyone knows anything about being overrated, it's a guy from San Diego.

Looks like 8 wins will get you back to the playoffs again this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Apparently, Matt Cassel is off to a slow start in KC. But, remember what an awful preseason he had with the Pats last year? Who knows?: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1391816.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Cutler and Cassel Stunk in Their Debuts:
         Apparently, Matt Cassel is off to a slow start in KC. But, remember what an awful preseason he had with the Pats last year? Who knows?: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1391816.html
    Posted by TexasPat3

Yeah, he stunk up the joint.  I'm sure Pioli remembers this as well.  I'm also sure that the KC fans and media could care less.  Hope he does well.

Sections
Shortcuts