Cuts.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Cuts.

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko · 3m

Malcolm Butler will continue the trend of at least one UDFA making the #Patriots 53 man roster each year

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko · 50s

Stephen Neal, Eric Alexander, Randall Gay, Mike Wright, Kyle Love, Pierre Woods, Matt Guitterez, Brian Hoyer, BJGE, Gary Guyton all UDFA

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

loyko does. but no one else does.

by espn bostons count, and then adding chris martin, that gets us to 55. so looks like 2 more (at least) to go

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

This might be someone to kick the tires on for a week 2 pick-up. It would be some bulk to spell Vince.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/30/broncos-cut-kevin-vickerson/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Vellano over Worthy is a bit surprising. Sure Worthy looked slow but Vellano doesn't look like anything special. I think Worthy had more upside by far

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

I agree - I am surprised by this as well. I casually watched the Giants game and saw Worthy show up a few times,, which is more than I can say for Vellano all of last year. I think Worthy will be picked up by another team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to user_483130's comment:

Vellano over Worthy is a bit surprising. Sure Worthy looked slow but Vellano doesn't look like anything special. I think Worthy had more upside by far

I agree - I am surprised by this as well. I casually watched the Giants game and saw Worthy show up a few times,, which is more than I can say for Vellano all of last year. I think Worthy will be picked up by another team.

I agree, I thought Worthy looked pretty good, but I will say that Vellano is a guy who is one of the quicker defensive tackles I've seen play for us. Not sure if that makes him good in our scheme, but in some others I think it might.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Worthy would have cost them a pick in next years draft and Vellano does not . . . think that may have played into the decision if it was a close call between the two of them?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

loyko does. but no one else does.

by espn bostons count, and then adding chris martin, that gets us to 55. so looks like 2 more (at least) to go

actually. they dont have to cut anyone else now. browner and tyms go to suspended so that gets them to 53.

but i bet they do cut one or 2 more as they have in the past gone under 53 to pickup another teams cut or 2

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

A bit surprising that Gallon is still there but Finch was waived? I thought Finch showed ability in all areas while Gallon was mostly on the PUP list. Maybe, BB gives Gallon 4 weeks to show what he has and then compares with what Tyms offers. Then, he tries to get Gallon to the PS if he prefers Tyms. Hope that Finch makes it to the PS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

19 cuts.......1 to go...just counted

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

A bit surprising that Gallon is still there but Finch was waived? I thought Finch showed ability in all areas while Gallon was mostly on the PUP list. Maybe, BB gives Gallon 4 weeks to show what he has and then compares with what Tyms offers. Then, he tries to get Gallon to the PS if he prefers Tyms. Hope that Finch makes it to the PS.

Gallon has also been cut.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

Why wasn't White cut.  He showed less than zero this pre-season.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Worthy would have cost them a pick in next years draft and Vellano does not . . . think that may have played into the decision if it was a close call between the two of them?

That makes sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

So, if there's one left, could it be a trade in the works? Mallett for a pick?

Is McCuller still on the team?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:

Why wasn't White cut.  He showed less than zero this pre-season.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

I can think of two reasons...he's a 4th round pick and they don't want that egg on their face...and he supposedly is a good pass catcher (he may be able to fill in for Vareen when he gets hurt).

That's all I can think of.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

No

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

The only guy out of the list I have seen that I thought might sneak on strictly as a kick returner was Finch.

Out of the players reported so far other than Finch I did not have any of them on my own personal guess work on the potential 53.

Below was the list I had made for myself (Finch over Flemming the tackle was probably silly since they have made do in recent seasons finding a guy to do KO's)

QB (3)     [3]
    ---------------------
    Brady
    Mallet (unless traded I think he stays)
    Grop

RB (5)     [8]
    --------------------
    Ridley
    Vereen
    Boldin
    Develin (does he take Hoomans spot?)
    White

WR (5)     [13]
    ---------------------
    Edelman
    Dobson
    Amendola
    Thompkins
    LaFell
    Tyms (* 4 gms to decide)

TE (3)     [16]
    ---------------------
    Gronk
    Hooman
    Wright

CB (5)     [21]
    ----------------------
    Revis
    Dennard
    Butler
    Arrington
    Ryan
    Browner (* 4 games to decide)

S (5)     [26]
    -------------------
    McCourtey
    Harmon
    Chung (cover liable but some trust there)
    Ebner
    Wilson

OL (8)     [34]
    ----------------------
    Solder
    Kline
    Connolley
    Devey
    Vollmer
    Cannon
    Wendell
    Stork

ST (5)     [39]
    ---------------------
    Ghost
    Allen
    Aiken
    Slater
    Finch

DL (9)     [48]
    ------------------------
    Wilfork
    Siliga
    Easley
    Jones
    Vellano
    Moore
    Jones
    Buchanon
    Ninkovich

LB (5)     [53]
    ----------------------
    Mayo
    Collins
    Hightower
    Fleming
    White

PS (10)
    --------------------
    Gallon
    Flemming
    Gray
    Worthy
    Halapio
    Swanson
    Davis
    BarkerCave
    Beauharnis

IR
    -------------------
    Morris

I would not be surprised at all though if they want someone off waivers and try for them and if they get them that still others will go. Plus after 4 games they will need to make two more decisions if everyone they currently have stays healthy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Devon still was cut by the bengals after being drafted in the second round in 2012. Could be a nice pickup for the DL but he has to pass through waivers. Someone will probs claim him before he even gets close to the pats.

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I think Mallet is a week 4 cut.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

No

Too bad, I was hoping for an all neck roll backfield alignment with him and Develin. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

interesting, and it makes sense if garoppolo is progressing and they want toms

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Per my count, they are still carrying ten offensive lineman. I say DeGuglielmo locked Barker and Wendell in a room and the one who comes out alive stays.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

interesting, and it makes sense if garoppolo is progressing and they want toms

If everything stays as is I would expect Mallett and Barker in week 4 if they have decided they want Tyms on the team. If JG hasn't progressed it most likely will be Barker if Browner is the only one coming back. I know none of this will happen but it sounds good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If everything stays as is I would expect Mallett and Barker in week 4 if they have decided they want Tyms on the team. If JG hasn't progressed it most likely will be Barker if Browner is the only one coming back. I know none of this will happen but it sounds good.

Everything will NOT stay the same, it never does. Someone (or some three or four) will get hurt. Somebody else will play their way off the team. Happens every year.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Very disappointed in Boyce.  Not so much that he was cut but that I thought he would make the leap from last season to this year.  

I wonder what his problem is?  

Can't pick up the offense?

Attitude?

Oh, well.

HE is from one of those BIG12 style spread offenses. WRs have notoriously had trouble adapting from freewheeling systems like that. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts