D Bails Out The Offense Again

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: D Bails Out The Offense Again

My god.

Make you stop.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

at times the offense looked good today, but they stalled in the 4th quarter when they needed to close the game out. cant keep depending on the defense to make a play every game.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you watch the game?  Make YOU stop.   Your annoying Brady apologies are long since irrelevant at this point.

We ain't winning a SB with that kind of an offense. HORRENDOUS.

[/QUOTE]

he was actually very praising of the defense today, but i could see where he is coming from. i dont like when babe makes threads bashing the defense, same as i dont like threads when you bash the offense. i do think you are correct and it is a terrible trend this season, but you dont need to make a thread to prove it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My god.

Make you stop.

[/QUOTE]

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]

Did you watch the game?  Make YOU stop.   Your annoying Brady apologies are long since irrelevant at this point.

[/QUOTE]

I've never apologized for Brady. I realize that it's a team game, meaning that in order to have success you need production from all three phases: offense, defense, and special teams.

The offense had its ups-and-downs today, as did the defense. Ultimately we won and that's what matters to me. You seem less concerned with wins and losses, and more concerned with pushing your anti-Brady/anti-offense agenda. That doesn't sound like a true fan to me.

Your constant Brady/offense bashing is unbelieveably daft. You take every chance possible to critique Brady and/or the offense, but are willing to give the defense plenty of slack. You can't have it both ways.

Get over yourself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he was actually very praising of the defense today, but i could see where he is coming from. i dont like when babe makes threads bashing the defense, same as i dont like threads when you bash the offense. i do think you are correct and it is a terrible trend this season, but you dont need to make a thread to prove it.

[/QUOTE]

I've been defending the D the last month or so, because they are looking better. That's how it works with me. It's called reality.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

"D bails out the offence again" ?!?!  

Sadly I sense that you are serious about trying to denegrade one of the most prolific offenses in the history of the NFL.

You meant,  D bails out D again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The offensive line has me concerned.  Ridley wasn't at fault for those stuffed runs.  In fact, I thought he did a nice job given how little room he had.  We need better run blocking.  Pass blocking wasn't great either.  Brady did make a bad throw on the second interception, but receivers weren't looking all that great and defenses are getting too much presure on Brady lately.  

Defense was not stellar today either, but it was kind of a hodgepodge of players out there, so I'm not too concerned.  Really need Talib, Dennard, and Spikes back.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've never apologized for Brady. I realize that it's a team game, meaning that in order to have success you need production from all three phases: offense, defense, and special teams.

The offense had its ups-and-downs today, as did the defense. Ultimately we won and that's what matters to me. You seem less concerned with wins and losses, and more concerned with pushing your anti-Brady/anti-offense agenda. That doesn't sound like a true fan to me.

Your constant Brady/offense bashing is unbelieveably daft. You take every chance possible to critique Brady and/or the offense, but are willing to give the defense plenty of slack. You can't have it both ways.

Get over yourself.

[/QUOTE]

Rock Scull lives in a dreamworld where the #1 offense isn't good enough for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The Jags outgained us 436-349 and Henne completed 29-51 for 343 yards. Until the 2 late picks, we were making him look like an All-Pro. I give the Pats credit for decent red-zone defense but I have the feeling that a good team---not the worst team in the league Jags!---would have buried us today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'll take the win.....

However, I am dissapointed in the Offense. The O line needs to tighten up their jocks and play better.

It's a tough league for sure, and the Jags brought their A+ game, but I expected much more from the Pats today, much more.

Go Browns!

Get ready for Miami!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Not a very impressive performance by anyone today. The Defense made Henne look all world at times and the offence continued it's sloppy play for another week. They got the win and thats what really counts. The Texans lost today so the Pats didn't hurt anything but their pride.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get over yourself.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, Brady is the QB. Every team has ONE of those. ONE.  It's also a QB league. After laat week's debacle on offense in the first half, I thought we'd see a response from the offense.

It's clear with BB starting the starters on offense, he was looking for the same. Again, disappointing.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that the offense was disappointing today.

Perhaps people wouldn't be crucifying you had you not posted upwards of 100 posts following every game, stating basically the same thing that you just said?

There are times to critique the offense, but the rate at which you do it, especially in situations where it's completely uncalled for, is pretty incredible.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get over yourself.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, Brady is the QB. Every team has ONE of those. ONE.  It's also a QB league. After laat week's debacle on offense in the first half, I thought we'd see a response from the offense.

It's clear with BB starting the starters on offense, he was looking for the same. Again, disappointing.

YOU get over yourself, you arrogant twit, thinking you can tell fans what opinions to have. 

I repeat: This D will be ready for the Divisional Round. I just hope Brady and the offense is. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not the arrogant one here. I never told anyone what to believe or think. I simply told you that your rhetoric is off the mark and uncalled for. Which it is.

It's pretty damn funny that you're arrogant enough to believe that you don't have to hear others' opinions.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yup, the d played a big part in today's win, even with several of their best players out. Jax isn't the Packers or the Broncos offensively but the D did a nice job keeping them out of the end zone when the game was on the line. The D also came up with some big turnovers while the offense gave it up a couple of times. 

Going into the playoffs it looks like the D will be strong, getting Spikes, Talib, and Dennard will be huge. The offense is struggling right now and Brady hasn't been playing his best football of late. They should be fine though, losing the best TE in football hurts a lot but he will be back. Ridley looked good today and Brady will bounce back. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The D played Henne at a 60 DPR and their RBs at less than 4 ypc.

Combine that with 16 points allowed and you just can't call the D bad in this game. Give credit where credit is due; good game from the D. The O played decently but not great.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get over yourself.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree that the offense was disappointing today.

Perhaps people wouldn't be crucifying you had you not posted upwards of 100 posts following every game, stating basically the same thing that you just said?

There are times to critique the offense, but the rate at which you do it, especially in situations where it's completely uncalled for, is pretty incredible.

[/QUOTE]

What?  This is my 1st series of posts after the game today, to discuss the game. That's what these boards are for.

It's "uncalled for" to discuss the bad Pats offense?

[/QUOTE]

Mr. Dense, he's saying you do this almost every game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get over yourself.

[/QUOTE]

YOU get over yourself, you arrogant twit, thinking you can tell fans what opinions to have. 

I repeat: This D will be ready for the Divisional Round. I just hope Brady and the offense is. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not the arrogant one here. I never told anyone what to believe or think. I simply told you that your rhetoric is off the mark and uncalled for. Which it is.

It's pretty damn funny that you're arrogant enough to believe that you don't have to hear others' opinions.

[/QUOTE]

I don't hear others' opinions but I read them and then respond them when I want on the board?

Has your mental problem been diagnosed yet?

[/QUOTE]

I don't follow what you're saying...

Yes, you responded to my post, as you're allowed to. But earlier you said that I was telling others what to think... and that's completely false. 

I'm expressing my opinion and calling you on yours. That's all. I'm allowed to do that, right? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

considering the opponent, the offense and defense both underperformed. but the defense did have three starters out while the offense was only missing gronk and they have been fine without him of late. overall an ugly game, but i am encouraged by the play of chung and the play of lloyd in the 2nd half. welker may have gotten out of his butterfingers stage today as well.

Sections
Shortcuts