D Bails Out The Offense Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: D Bails Out The Offense Again

In response to vertigho's comment:

I don't hear others' opinions but I read them and then respond them when I want on the board?

Has your mental problem been diagnosed yet?

I don't follow what you're saying...

Yes, you responded to my post, as you're allowed to. But earlier you said that I was telling others what to think... and that's completely false. 

I'm expressing my opinion and calling you on yours. That's all. I'm allowed to do that, right? 

Well, he can accuse me of telling others what to think. Because I'm telling him to think he's an idiot, just like everybody keeps telling him he is.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

As I said, the offense and defense were both up and down. Overall I think the defense played a bit better than the offense, relatively speaking of course, but there's plenty of room for improvement on both sides of the ball. 

Let's hope that they're getting these stinkers out of their system now and will be geared up for the playoffs.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

You swooped in here telling me to "stop" on the very first reply.  Stop playing games. Now you're just trolling which is what you use this board for anyway. You try to monitor what people say and then try to control what they say, as you contribute NOTHING of substance to the thread itself. Either contribute by agreeing or disgreeing and countering with a rational premise.  Or, get out of here.  You're so annoying.

Did you used to/do you post on the ESPN board under the same name?

Keep in mind, you JUST started watching the NFL in 2001, so please don't start lecturing me on the game itself.

Junior, no 10 people here combined are as annoying as you.

You swooped in here telling me to "stop" on the very first reply.  Stop playing games. Now you're just trolling which is what you use this board for anyway. You try to monitor what people say and then try to control what they say, as you contribute NOTHING of substance to the thread itself. Either contribute by agreeing or disgreeing and countering with a rational premise.  Or, get out of here.  You're so annoying.

Keep in mind, you JUST started watching the NFL in 2001, so please don't start lecturing me on the game itself.

I think it's pretty clear that I did disagree with your premise, and therefore I contributed to the thread (by your definition). If you weren't able to gather that I disagreed with you, you may want to go back and re-read what I posted.

For what it's worth Rust, I don't attempt to monitor what anyone says. And if I do, it sure isn't working, huh? You're still here talking after all.

Lastly, what in the flying f--c are you talking about with regards to 'lecturing'? For christ sakes... I'm not lecturing anyone -- I'm posting my opinion. If you consider that lecturing, so be it, but that's your problem, not mine. 

And no... I don't post on ESPN's boards.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Some weeks it's the D that has to step up sometimes it's the offense. Whatever it takes to win. Can't wait for the playoffs when they are healthy and motivated, IMO the Patriots will be at their best as a team and roll to the Super Bowl.

I think it's pretty clear that I did disagree with your premise, and therefore I contributed to the thread (by your definition). If you weren't able to gather that I disagreed with you, you may want to go back and re-read what I posted.

For what it's worth Rust, I don't attempt to monitor what anyone says. And if I do, it sure isn't working, huh? You're still here talking after all.

Lastly, what in the flying f--c are you talking about with regards to 'lecturing'? For christ sakes... I'm not lecturing anyone -- I'm posting my opinion. If you consider that lecturing, so be it, but that's your problem, not mine. 

No. YOU rarely post here, When you do, it's usually to follow me around when Brady isn't playing well.

Can you and your little buddies just admit for once that 2 or 3 INTs in a postseason game is not what we're looking for here?

I lurk a lot, however I do rarely post. You're right on that. With that said, I never said that I post here often... Again, not sure what point you're attempting to prove.

Brady is the best quarterback to ever play the game and has brought us 3 Super Bowls. Does he have some 'stinkers'? Yes, and so does every other quarterback, including the great ones. With that said, no win OR loss than I can remember in recent history should be put solely on his shoulders.

As I said in my second post in this thread, it's a team sport. I guess you conveniently forgot about that contribution.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

When Babe praises the defense over the offense, you have to admit that the defense played well enough to win. 

16 points minus your two best cover corners, your best run stuffing LB and with Kyle Arrington playing outside CB is a good game to me. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Today kind of made me sad because I got a vision of what it may be like when Tom leaves/retires...

He played poorly today - imagine that every week from some overpaid first round pick or the next backup hopefull that we have to trade for. Get ready folks, those days are a coming!

The sadest part to me though was watching a 2 and 12 team put a defense out there that is better than ours...that's what's really sad:(

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Man, the first drive an the Jags score, Pats D looked bad.  Jags hadn't scored on something like 25 straight opening drives until today.  Not sure if it was 25 but it was a crazy number.

D needs to tighten it up big time heading into the playoffs and the O better be getting off to better first half starts. 

I know, lots of subs playing today, things will be a bit different come playoff time. Lets go Pats!!

No. YOU rarely post here, When you do, it's usually to follow me around when Brady isn't playing well.

Can you and your little buddies just admit for once that 2 or 3 INTs in a postseason game is not what we're looking for here?

I lurk a lot, however I do rarely post. You're right on that. With that said, I never said that I post here often... Again, not sure what point you're attempting to prove.

Brady is the best quarterback to ever play the game and has brought us 3 Super Bowls. Does he have some 'stinkers'? Yes, and so does every other quarterback, including the great ones. With that said, no win OR loss than I can remember in recent history should be put solely on his shoulders.

As I said in my second post in this thread, it's a team sport. I guess you conveniently forgot about that contribution to this thread. 

First of all, Brady had a chance to cement himself as the best ever last February, but I could care less about that. I am a Pats fan, not JUST a Brady fan.

Get it?

Ironic you claim it's a team sport yet are a hypocrite when it comes time to hold Brady accountable.

The hypocrisy is legendary with your type here.

I don't take time out of my life to bash Brady, nor do I take time to bash any part of this team. As you said yourself, I rarely post.

Apparently you consider it every posters' duty to acknowledge Brady's shortcomings, otherwise he's a Brady apologist. Unbelieveable. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Man, the first drive an the Jags score, Pats D looked bad.  Jags hadn't scored on something like 25 straight opening drives until today.  Not sure if it was 25 but it was a crazy number.

D needs to tighten it up big time heading into the playoffs and the O better be getting off to better first half starts. 

I know, lots of subs playing today, things will be a bit different come playoff time. Lets go Pats!!

Umm, NE was without FOUR starters on D until BB played Jones and Talib out there. Please stop. It wasn't good, but I also know that Tracey White and Co aren't starters on this team either.

I suppose Mayo played like a undrafted free agent today because he wasn't surrounded by all those starters that were sitting today?  Someone needs to either show or describe to him what an outside linebacker is supposed to do. Forget the "impact" plays that he is not making, how about just the basic stuff that third stringers make? This guy needed someone to rub grass on his shirt to get his uniform dirty today.

Why not pick on him? He's the QB of the defense and get's paid.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

When Babe praises the defense over the offense, you have to admit that the defense played well enough to win. 

16 points minus your two best cover corners, your best run stuffing LB and with Kyle Arrington playing outside CB is a good game to me. 

Exactly.  If Babe was honest for once, then he gets credit for not being a fraud for once here.

I cannot wait for Pezzy or Hurlie to swing and tell us that since BB rested some dinged up defenders, that there was "so much pressure on Brady" to perform perfectly agains the 2-12 Jaguars.

lol

Been honest everytime junior. Try it, you'll like it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

at times the offense looked good today, but they stalled in the 4th quarter when they needed to close the game out. cant keep depending on the defense to make a play every game.

Yep. They have the jekyll and hyde syndrome

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Personally, I'm nt concerned at all about either side of the ball IF we go into the playoffs healthy. On offense, that means Gronk and the o-line are healthy, while Talib, Spikes, Dennard, etc. are healthy.

If this happens, I'm very optimistic. The Pats step up when the competition gets tough.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The Pats won, Houston lost.  Which fan base would you like to be a part of today?  Go whine in Houston!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

The Pats won, Houston lost.  Which fan base would you like to be a part of today?  Go whine in Houston!

It's all about health. If we go in with Gronk, Talib, Spikes, Dennard (and others) healthy, this team will go far. I couldn't care less about the past two weeks...the Pats will step it up in the playoffs because we have BB, a dominant offense, and an improving defense. 

On a side note, 16 PA against the Jags with our top 2 CBs missing and our best run stopping LB out is a good showing IMO.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Did you watch the game?  Make YOU stop.   Your annoying Brady apologies are long since irrelevant at this point.

We ain't winning a SB with that kind of an offense. HORRENDOUS.

I've never apologized for Brady. I realize that it's a team game, meaning that in order to have success you need production from all three phases: offense, defense, and special teams.

The offense had its ups-and-downs today, as did the defense. Ultimately we won and that's what matters to me. You seem less concerned with wins and losses, and more concerned with pushing your anti-Brady/anti-offense agenda. That doesn't sound like a true fan to me.

Your constant Brady/offense bashing is unbelieveably daft. You take every chance possible to critique Brady and/or the offense, but are willing to give the defense plenty of slack. You can't have it both ways.

Get over yourself.

Rock Scull lives in a dreamworld where the #1 offense isn't good enough for him.

I have been bashing the defense all season, but the first have of last week and all of this week, the offense has looked below average. The Jaguars are the second worst defense I the NFL in terms of yards and points... 23 points is not a good performance...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

The defense started out badly - but did hold Jax to FG's after picks.  They also played well in the 2nd half, so props to them even though they were leaking.  That said, our team's calling card is offense, and TB and the entire offense were off today.  The kickoffs were also off today, although coverage was decent, Ghost only once or twice kicked an un-returnable kick.  Not our best day for sure, and if we were playing a good team, the points Jax scored off of turnovers and only got two FGs out of them would have been exploited into probably 10 or more by playoff-caliber teams.  I am concerned going forward, but heck - every fan of every playoff team will be concerned.  My biggest concern is having to play PM in Denver - if that materializes, I'm concerned big-time.  You know PM will get any "iffy" call, and if Henne can light up our secondary as he did, PM will kill us.  Hopefully, the secondary and Gronk will get healthy, our backs will continue to run effectively, and TB will be his accurate/killer self.  If not, we can be had - even at home.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Nice that the D made some big plays and kept scoring down to 16 points, but it was Jacksonville after all, which has a terrible offense.  That pass coverage would be ripped to shreds by Manning or any other top QB with good receivers.  Fortunately, that wasn't our "real" pass defense, though.  We'll need Talib and Dennard back and McCourty playing safety for the playoffs. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I get why you bash Brady so much..I too want him to play better, I'm pretty sure every Pats fan wants him to play better. But the constant bashing and putting all of the blame on him its kinda annoying..It's a team, you should blame the WR also for not getting much seperation, blame the O-line for not holding up their end of the bargain and Yes blame Brady for not making better decisions..but to single him out every time he has a bad game its getting boring to come here and read the same thing over and over and over and over again...

Please blame the whole team.....for once!!!

• Sections
    Shortcuts