D Bails Out The Offense Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: D Bails Out The Offense Again

It was a bad looking game all over, both sides.  We just need to survive Miami and get in at whatever seed we get, get players back, and move on.  Heck, we still have a shot at the 1 seed.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No GRONK and 2 weeks of Branch at WR.  Am I the only one  seeing the correlation between Branch and bad offense?  He totally limits what we can do and allows opposing D's to flood the middle.  Hernandez is turning into T.O. Before our eyes thanks to Branch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll take the win.....

However, I am dissapointed in the Offense. The O line needs to tighten up their jocks and play better.

It's a tough league for sure, and the Jags brought their A+ game, but I expected much more from the Pats today, much more.

Go Browns!

Get ready for Miami!

[/QUOTE]

There were times where he had all day to throw, though, too. Part of it is the Jags coming to play on their D which should be acknowledged, but the casual attitude from Brady on the two INTs are ridiculous.  It's getting really old.   He almost had 2 other INTs on bad throws, too.

I guess this can be seen as a wake up call, and with Gronk returning, they shouldn't be this bad, but still.   They can't just play only portions of the game.  Constant turnovers and 3 and outs will get them bounced QUICK just like it would any team in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

After watching Tom Brady play at such a high level for so many years, when he does not, its hard to watch him play at a lesser performance level.  If my numbers are right, for the first 13 games Brady threw 4 interceptions.  Brady in his last 2 games has thrown 6.  Something is wrong.  Is it the receivers or is Brady physically and/or mentally not up to par?  Whatever it is we obviously will need a healthy and mentally alert Brady and receivers going into the playoffs.  Next game with Miami might give us a clue.  GO PATS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

Recently, Brady can't hit the broad side of a barn in the beginning of a game.  He misses wide open receivers by 10 yards. 

I saw Brady screaming at his offense on the sidelines in the 2Q today, and I expected one of them to scream back about him throwing brutal INTs the first 2-3 drives. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Recently, Brady can't hit the broad side of a barn in the beginning of a game.  He misses wide open receivers by 10 yards. 

I saw Brady screaming at his offense on the sidelines in the 2Q today, and I expected one of them to scream back about him throwing brutal INTs the first 2-3 drives. 

[/QUOTE]

Yet another account Rusty? Get help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

No GRONK and 2 weeks of Branch at WR.  Am I the only one  seeing the correlation between Branch and bad offense?  He totally limits what we can do and allows opposing D's to flood the middle.  Hernandez is turning into T.O. Before our eyes thanks to Branch.

[/QUOTE]

Branch really does stink. He was never that good but now is just a charity case.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to lucbom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll take the win.....

However, I am dissapointed in the Offense. The O line needs to tighten up their jocks and play better.

It's a tough league for sure, and the Jags brought their A+ game, but I expected much more from the Pats today, much more.

Go Browns!

Get ready for Miami!

[/QUOTE]

There were times where he had all day to throw, though, too. Part of it is the Jags coming to play on their D which should be acknowledged, but the casual attitude from Brady on the two INTs are ridiculous.  It's getting really old.   He almost had 2 other INTs on bad throws, too.

I guess this can be seen as a wake up call, and with Gronk returning, they shouldn't be this bad, but still.   They can't just play only portions of the game.  Constant turnovers and 3 and outs will get them bounced QUICK just like it would any team in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

If my numbers are right, for the first 13 games Brady threw 4 interceptions.  Brady in his last 2 games has thrown 6.

[/QUOTE]

Your numbers aren't right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Umm, do you think Brady would have been an MVP frontrunner if he played like this each week? 

No, he had his worst game of the season. 

The reason so many of us are so fed up with you is you pretend in your head this is how Brady and the offense plays every game.

Yeah, you're right, it was not a good game. It doesn't mean you are vindicated for thumping this into the ground week after week. Especially for all the mean-spirited name calling, all the ball washing references. It's possible to have spirited debate without that junk. 

You said the defense will be ready in the divisional round. I believe the offense will be as well. 

But yeah, this Sunday, you were right. True. Though giving up 17 points to this particular team is nothing to be proud of either. The Jets held them to under a touchdown.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Today kind of made me sad because I got a vision of what it may be like when Tom leaves/retires...

He played poorly today - imagine that every week from some overpaid first round pick or the next backup hopefull that we have to trade for. Get ready folks, those days are a coming!

The sadest part to me though was watching a 2 and 12 team put a defense out there that is better than ours...that's what's really sad:(

[/QUOTE]Thanks for a very perceptive piece.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Stop ball buffing this weak defense and bashing Brady Nancy.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The board has a new hero:

• vertigho
    • First: 01/03/2010
    • Last: 12/23/2012

Knight of the Front Burner

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No one is on 24/7 like you but keep up the good detective work Nancy Drew.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Oh Vertigho, save us from this hideous beast

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nobody is on as much as him, nobody gets banned as much as him, nobody is as annoying as him, nobody is more hated than him, nobody get's asked to leave as much as him, nobody acts as childish as him, nobody thinks their own crap doesn't smell as much as he does, nobody talks down to others like he does, nobody is as smart as he is...legend in his own mind.

Bottom line: NOBODY wants him here, nobody likes him, nobody takes him seriously, and yet with his self proclaimed high intelligence, he just doesn't see any of this. Oh well, maybe our dreams of the ignore button will be granted again someday....

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nobody is on as much as him, nobody gets banned as much as him, nobody is as annoying as him, nobody is more hated than him, nobody get's asked to leave as much as him, nobody acts as childish as him, nobody thinks their own crap doesn't smell as much as he does, nobody talks down to others like he does, nobody is as smart as he is...legend in his own mind.

Bottom line: NOBODY wants him here, nobody likes him, nobody takes him seriously, and yet with his self proclaimed high intelligence, he just doesn't see any of this. Oh well, maybe our dreams of the ignore button will be granted again someday....

[/QUOTE]

i like some of the stuff he posts because he is very specific and easy to understand. the arguments between you guys are ridiculous, i try to keep it civil since it is just a sports forum and we are all [for the most part] pats fans here.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i like some of the stuff he posts because he is very specific and easy to understand. the arguments between you guys are ridiculous, i try to keep it civil since it is just a sports forum and we are all [for the most part] pats fans here.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Note how they attack me first. I always kept civil unless attacked.

The bottom line is, on this thread, it focuses on the bad offense and Brady so the same insecure Washers come on here acting like we can't talk about our bad offense after the game.

We're talking about grown adults here, supposedly. 

[/QUOTE]

the offense hasnt been bad, its the fact that they have been stalled at times when they are needed to either run the clock or build the lead. the numbers speak for themselves. when they get going, they are the best offense in the NFL. it just seems as if they get away from what they are late in games and they just dont show the fire they usually do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Personally insulting everyone who disagrees with you is a sign of intelligence, maturity and integrity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Maybe in our dreams trolls will be banned,

[/QUOTE]

You have been banned a dozen times trollboy, but you keep coming back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

About true, offense had a chance to seal the deal twice in the 4thQ, but sputtered.

Sections
Shortcuts