D chokes again!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

D chokes again!!!

Couldnt make the game winning stop....had the sack for the win and couldnt make it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: D chokes again!!!

Well...undermaned and injuries are showing. Not much you can do,,,Arrington simply can't play corner but the bench was empty...game over..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

3 long drives by the Panthers that resulted in TD's  Smith was getting into Talib's head. Ridley fumble hurt and should've gotten the TD instead of the FG. That was a pass interference but the refs wanted to leave. Very bad call at the end of the game. Why throw the flag and then leave. Going to be tougher next week against Gomer and the Broncos.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I smell 50+ points by denver next week...d just too Thin  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Couldnt make the game winning stop....had the sack for the win and couldnt make it

[/QUOTE]

Man , look at who they got out there!

3 pro-bowl players out (Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly)

Gregory out

Talib hurt again

Dennard out

Arrington out

Seriously, come on!  What do you expect.  Newton made a few ridicolous plays with his legs and that cost the Pats a game.

When you lose THAT MANY players, it will catch up with you....

The team cannot catch a break with injuries, every single damn year.  This year was going to be the first year of a great Pats defense in 7 years.  Unfortunately the injuries are decimating this team.  Look at what happened to the Falcons, and the they have had less injuries than the Pats.  I dont care how good Belichick is, even he cannot overcome 6 starters being OUT. 

P.S.  this team cannot rely on Ridley in a big game.  The guy probably cost us the game, those 3 points were huge.

The offense was spectacular as a whole today. Brady was awesome!  It will not be enough to get them anywhere in playoffs though. Not with this decimated defense!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

McCourty was abused time and time again.  If it wasn't his inability to stop a complet.ion, he was getting dragged by a RB.  I bet Ed Reed would not have been embarassed like McCourty was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Not their best game, but they are dinged up very bad, Talib was just coming back, and then leaves again in the 4th.

Let's be honest, if not for the rob by the refs on the last play, this would have been a W.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

McCourty was abused time and time again.  If it wasn't his inability to stop a complet.ion, he was getting dragged by a RB.  I bet Ed Reed would not have been embarassed like McCourty was.

[/QUOTE]

It's funny people label him as a top-3 safety in NFL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah 6 starters not playing in the end. MORE than 1/2 the defensive starters.

Hopefully you were NOT one of the many knuckleheads who actually believed the defense would not miss the likes of Wilfork, Mayo, etc, etc, eventually.

Frankly I have been amazed they've been playing as well as they have to this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's funny people label him as a top-3 safety in NFL

[/QUOTE]

He's good when he help from his D-line but otherwise he is mediocre. Imagine who we could have had instead....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

The defense performed admirably well considering how depleted they are.

We can only hope that Talib can continue to get healthy, hope Dennard gets back soon, and hope Gregory can return soon. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

yeah the D struggled but Newton's legs were the difference. if he is a pocket passer we get off the field 3-4 times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Any of the sacks made tonight would have won game - every missed one led to a TD

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Let's get real

No Mayo

No Wilfork

No Kelly

No Dennard

No Gregory

No Talib for 4th ... and he likely should not have played at all ...

Too much to overcome with a bunch of rookies and UDFAs ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yeah the D struggled but Newton's legs were the difference. if he is a pocket passer we get off the field 3-4 times.

[/QUOTE]

Still blaming Ridley for part of this . I keep defending him but I'm done they use him fine if not fine as well. He cost them three points. He is to blame as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to CanadianPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's get real

No Mayo

No Wilfork

No Kelly

No Dennard

No Gregory

[/QUOTE]

Yep, but lots and lots of crying and excuses.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

defense is injured.  offense is not.  Brady needed to find the endzone on the second to last drive.  3 points was not enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

defense is injured.  offense is not.  Brady needed to find the endzone on the second to last drive.  3 points was not enough.

[/QUOTE]

From the Dolts fan....if that was your boy jughead we both know the flag would never have been picked up.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

From the Dolts fan....if that was your boy jughead we both know the flag would never have been picked up.....

[/QUOTE]

that's a pathetic excuse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The defense stunk tonight but with all the injuries it's no surprise. The defense carried the team for the first half and clearly the offense will have to do the same the rest of the way. We are now watching the 2011 Pats with slightly inferior receivers (maybe more than slightly but I thought they were excellant tonight) but with a much better running attack (though the pats did not fumble much then).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they got some pressure on cam, but it doesnt mean sheeet if you cant wrap up, it looked like nink and chandler jones were playing flag football on that one long run. that play and the 3rd and one pass were the two determining plays in this game imo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Even if run fails on 3rd and 1 - the clock still runs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The D didnt play that bad considering how many weapons they have. If u cant make them one dimensional, that is a lot to defend. We have no speed at linebacker right now and hightower was jogging out way too many plays for my liking, like what is this a walkthrough?! If he is hurt, he needs to sit or give maximun effort on the field. Also slightly concerning is C.J's lack of ability to get consistent pressure. CJ is still a promising player but Hightower is looking like another 2 down backer and spikes may have to get paid cuz he is better imo.

We did find out that Harmon can cover tight ends down the field which is an asset but mccourty didnt fair that well when put in the same spot. I know he hasnt covered one on one that much this year but he cant get beat like that. I figured Olsen would beat us but it would be a backer. Ebner did a good job covering when he was out which was nice and maybe he sees more time but with neither mccourty or gregory able to fend off tight ends due to being small that would be exposed more. Other than Hightower and McCourty struggling I thought they played ok and good enough to win but obviously the last drive hurt but arrington giving up the score was the best thing after he caught it to give our O a chance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In response to CanadianPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's get real

No Mayo

No Wilfork

No Kelly

No Dennard

No Gregory

[/QUOTE]

and it is mind boggling  Belichick still hasn't been able to find a good cornerback in the draft.  I think it's been 9 years since Pats drafted Asante Samuel.  That was the last one. Unbelievable.

I bet we have drafted at least a dozen and brought in even more as free agents. None have really worked out, other than Talib.  That guy is always hurt.

Sometimes I think it's some kind of gods conspiracy to prevent Brady from winning his 4th sb.  Tyree catch, maningham catch, get decimated by injuries year after year.

Sigh.....

Sections
Shortcuts