D chokes again!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: D chokes again!!!

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even if run fails on 3rd and 1 - the clock still runs

[/QUOTE]

yep, and blount was running as good as he has in awhile on that drive

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

DMAC su**ed moosecork tonite. Defense stunk, but DMAC was atrocious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

D cannot choke when they're decimated.  They played well enough..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CanadianPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's get real

No Mayo

No Wilfork

No Kelly

No Dennard

No Gregory

No Talib for 4th ... and he likely should not have played at all ...

Too much to overcome with a bunch of rookies and UDFAs ...

[/QUOTE]

and it is mind boggling  Belichick still hasn't been able to find a good cornerback in the draft.  I think it's been 9 years since Pats drafted Asante Samuel.  That was the last one. Unbelievable.

I bet we have drafted at least a dozen and brought in even more as free agents. None have really worked out, other than Talib.  That guy is always hurt.

Sometimes I think it's some kind of gods conspiracy to prevent Brady from winning his 4th sb.  Tyree catch, maningham catch, get decimated by injuries year after year.

Sigh.....

[/QUOTE]

this year we had a top 3 D early on but our O was struggling and by the time our O got on track we had lost the best player on each level of our defense....  its always something it seems. I get that same feeling. Its the football gods....we have been out of favor for a while in terms of postseason..Its been going on since 05 with one kick in the n*ts after the next...lol, what are u gonna do?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Couldnt make the game winning stop....had the sack for the win and couldnt make it

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much like the last two Super Bowls.  Sad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

TO their credit, if they had been able to sack Newton on those 2 missed opps, we'd be singing a different tune about the D.   He evaded 3 tackles on the 1st one.  Look, it's Cam Newton; he could've done it to any D.  

My point is, consiering they are issing all those guys, they were thisclose to shutting Carolina's O down - ALL of which runs through Newton.   THere were a couple of almost INTs, too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's get real

No Mayo

No Wilfork

No Kelly

No Dennard

No Gregory

[/QUOTE]

Yep, but lots and lots of crying and excuses.

[/QUOTE]

Bills 37 Jets 14.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Couldnt make the game winning stop....had the sack for the win and couldnt make it

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

why must you go there? that is a dark place noone wants to get back into.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

why must you go there? that is a dark place noone wants to get back into.

[/QUOTE]

I know. That is a deep, dark place but it is a constant problem with this team.  Some people who wear the rose colored glasses, drinking the koolaid while living in their plastic bubble basement just can not admit it.

D is a constant problem over the years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's get real

No Mayo

No Wilfork

No Kelly

No Dennard

No Gregory

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For being two games ahead of the Jets?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If Carolina can put up 24 what will Denver do, yikes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I bet Ed Reed would not have been embarassed like McCourty was."

Actually Reed was embarassed, as was your entire secondary last weekend. Why are you here?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The defense has so many players out that you have Ebner playing safety ( didn't think he committed any major bad blunder, unlike the ugliness of Arrington on Ginn) and the game did not turn out to be a debacle like the Jests playing the Bills.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is absolutely correct.  They can only do what they can do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't consider the D's play last night a 'choke.'  They are pretty dinged up and playing against a QB who is effective both throwing and running the football.  Playing with a dinged up Talib and without a pretty good number 2 corner in Dennard I thought they handled themselves reasonably well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't consider the D's play last night a 'choke.'  They are pretty dinged up and playing against a QB who is effective both throwing and running the football.  Playing with a dinged up Talib and without a pretty good number 2 corner in Dennard I thought they handled themselves reasonably well. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

If you didn't know the score and looked these offensive stats for carolina you would have thought the Pat's D had a pretty good night.

20 1st downs

54 plays

197 passing

103 rushing

5.4 per play

The big issue for the D was 3rd down conversion they gave up 8-11 2 huge ones on scrambles by newton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Agree ATJ. Honestly, this game struck me as one where the team in general played well, but a few crucial mistakes cost them the game. For example:

1. Ridley Fumble (this was a 3-7 point loss and probably the biggest mistake of the night).

2. Solder breakdown allowing that sack

3. Talib PI

4. 3rd and 1 playcall (McDaniels?)

5. Arrington missed tackle

I also think the missed tackles on Newton can be attributed more to his athletic ability than the Patriots just missing him. I know it seems stupid taking these plays and saying they "played well" but that is honestly how I feel.

Not to mention the D was missing Kelly, Wilfork, Mayo, Dennard, Gregory, and Talib for a good part of the game...I think they played ok consider these losses. Also, the offense was moving the ball, but some of the mistakes mentioned above prevented them from putting up more points.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The defense is depleted.

Ridley blows.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How's your team doing again? Get a life tool....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Serious !!! Do you really think Pats can win or even be in Super Bowl. The Pats will end season in Playoffs and again draft high.Just good enough to ge there and thats it. Unless you believe in the Easter Bunny or Santa..... Pats fans lead the league in crying .Dam !! get over it .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, full of injuries but excuses don't win games.  The sad part is this game could have been won if they played just a little better.  Talib lost his head out there.  Arrington blows.  Our LB's have no speed.  We could not get off the field.  McCorty had a bad game. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Too many injuries for the defense to overcome.  They can't do it.  Losing Wilfork killed this team.  Losing Mayo and Kelly was just kicking the dead man on the ground.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

defense is injured.  offense is not.  Brady needed to find the endzone on the second to last drive.  3 points was not enough.

[/QUOTE]

That I agree with. I don't know why they didn't run the ball on that 3rd and 1. Play calling by McDaniels.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

It is not about EXCUSES ... it is about REALITY ... the D is depleted to the point where it is running on fumes ... I agree with the poster ,... the NFL gods are just not aligned for us this year.  But despite the fact the Pats are playiing with UDFA/rookie D lineup, they are still a play away from winning agst a good team ... that to me is remarkable!

Both tackes gone... both CBs gone ... D-leader Mayo gone ... Safety gone ... and yes the bad drafting is to blame for the lack of depth ...

Next week is going to be sick ... Arrington is playing hurt and if Talib plays he likely will not finish the game ... fight a beast like  D.Thomas for 4 Qs on a torn hip flexor? .. not going to happen .. and i doubt Dennard is playing ... Brady can't pass and defend the pass too ...

It is too bad because this team had potential to really surprise int he playoffs ... not now IMO 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too many injuries for the defense to overcome.  They can't do it.  Losing Wilfork killed this team.  Losing Mayo and Kelly was just kicking the dead man on the ground.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right.  The team went from giving up more than 4 yards per carry to giving up more than 4 yards per carry.  Big loss.  Big, fat loss.

Sections
Shortcuts