D-lineman needed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

D-lineman needed

i believe that acquiring one decent defensive lineman could make a huge difference in whether or not this "D" falls apart or is able to move forward, even through the ups and downs. this D-line could be good enough, which is why i have to believe that BB is looking to get someone who can either pressure the QB or stuff the run..or BOTH. now, he has some chips to play with, namely draft picks, as well as...well...loganM. i feel for the future confidence of this young group, that BB doesn`t allow them to begin to question their ability, especially after last season`s playoff debacle against baltimore. there has to be an underachieving D-end somewhere who might love to turn things around and help NE get into a few playoff games this season. if bill can rid himself of what turned out to be a needed defensive player at just this time, Seymore, then he should be able to pick one up as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

Re: team needs another Richard Seymore

Huh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: D-lineman needed

BB most likely wont trade a pick away.  Not a high one anyway.  Mankins maybe, but who is going to give us a good DL guy for him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Seymours don't grow on trees, which is why it took a first rounder for BB to part with him in the first place.  And I can't see him coughing up a pick for anyone of merit, assuming that player is even out there, which is doubtful.  Look for a stopgap waiver wire acquisition as the most likely solution this year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'm sure he bring someone in once cut downs begin.  You never know he may find a few serviceable players.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Liked what I saw from Brace after his long hiatus.  And it wasn't all against 2nd teamers when he was making plays.  He looked better than expected. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Here I was thinking this was our deepest position on defense. Lots of beef. Remember people Defensive ends are not sack machines in BB's defense. A guy like Jarvis Green primarily a pass rushing DE had a career high of like 8 sacks or something. We need beef on the D line to eat up blockers and clear lanes for TBC and co. I think we have plenty of beef on the D line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

They just cut Daimione Lewis...so much for that theory!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: D-lineman needed:
    [QUOTE]I like what I saw from Ron Brace and Damione Lewis/Pryor should be fine as back ups at DT in a 4-3 or random looks at DE in the 3-4. Most teams don't have incredible DEs in a 3-4.  Someone like an Aaron Smith is good in Pitt and no one talks about him, but I can see Mike Wright sort of mirroring his play after someone like that.  The effort is there.  Depth is a question mark because of health, but every time has this issue. Hopefully Brace is fine and ready to go in spot duty either at DE for Wright or in a 4-3 DT slot.
    Posted by ClarkGriswold[/QUOTE]
    Rusty glad you liked what you saw from the DL...take your rose colored glasses off, will ya! You either are blind or dont know what to look for. Lewis is gone. Warren, Wilfork, Brace, Wright, Pryor. You like what you saw???