D Mccourty---defensive rookie of the year??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

D Mccourty---defensive rookie of the year??

Playing the toughest position (because of the rules in place) does he have a chance after all the hype for SUH....i like suh and hes playing well....BUT where would the D be without this rookie??? Trolls  go away....just honest comments welcome

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: D Mccourty---defensive rookie of the year??

He's certainly making a case for himself.  I thought Suh was a lock for defensive rookie of the year a few weeks ago. Now I'm not so sure. It's not just the number of interceptions--it's the way McCourty does it.  These aren't Samuel-style interceptions (jumping a route in zone coverage)--these are classic "beat your man, one-on-one" interceptions.  No disrespect to Samuel (his interceptions are good too), but what McCourty does using man-to-man technique is what you want to see in a shut down corner. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I don't care if he is DROY.  But I see Mike Haynes II in the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I think DROY depends on the player persona as well as his play making abilities and it's awarded by AP. This makes it harder to ignore Suh. He is probably the best lineman who came out of college in last 10 years. He is a fan favourite and the fact that he has 8 sacks as a DT speaks highly of his skills. I think if DMc will be a close second if the season ended today. But if DMc gets a pick in each of his last 4 games and gets to 10, who knows :-p

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I think McCourty is the solid #2 choice, but Suh is still in the lead.  I am not saying it cant change, but McCourt has to do more to overtake Suh.  Suh is looking like the best DT rookie I can remember seeing.  He is a disruptive beast and collapses the pocket so very well.
    McCourty looks to be a shut down corner in the future with big play skills.  I am so glad we got him.  And efff u to those that thought he was a special teams player when we drafted him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

Suh is going to win. As much as I think McCourty is having a fantastic year, he just isnt the big name Suh is. Unfortunatly I think more often then not that helps the person get the award.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

If McCoutry keeps racking up the interceptions, he has a really good chance of upsetting Suh.  McCoutry is starting to look like a seasoned all-pro.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Re: D Mccourty---defensive rookie of the year??:
    Suh is going to win. As much as I think McCourty is having a fantastic year, he just isnt the big name Suh is. Unfortunatly I think more often then not that helps the person get the award.
    Posted by uncommon13

This is true, however, we could say the same thing with Mayo the year he won it. He wasn't the fancy name that year. I remember when the Pats drafted him, how all the draft gurus slammed the pick. He just let his play do all the talking for him. I respect that. I can see similarities this year with McCourty's play. At the pace he is going, he may just do exactly what Mayo did a couple years ago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'll give him the Super Bowl MVP instead!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

In Response to Re: D Mccourty---defensive rookie of the year??:
    In Response to Re: D Mccourty---defensive rookie of the year?? : This is true, however, we could say the same thing with Mayo the year he won it. He wasn't the fancy name that year. I remember when the Pats drafted him, how all the draft gurus slammed the pick. He just let his play do all the talking for him. I respect that. I can see similarities this year with McCourty's play. At the pace he is going, he may just do exactly what Mayo did a couple years ago.
    Posted by nightrider495

Yeah but Mayo was the name during the season. Rivers got hurt and that opened the door for Mayo to take the award. I really hope McCourty gets the award, actually I dont care about the award lol. I just hope he keeps getting better. The kid looks like he could be a great player for years to come.

Sections
Shortcuts