D WILLIAMS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

D WILLIAMS

while I see on these posts the ridculous (Westbrook) and the even more ridiculous (S Jackson)..lets get real. The Panthers are trying to lower payroll to address specific needs, and have 2 stud RB's. How about D Williams for one of the #2's and a #3? He is still young, still has some tread on the tire, and while he is a 1000 yard rusher/work horse, he still works within the confines of a rotation at RB allowing either Faulk or Maroney to get 10-14 snaps per game as a change of pace. He is not over the hill (Westbrook) nor does he break the bank (Jackson) which is a plus for the Pats, and the #2 and #3 are affordable options to a #1 allowing the Panthers to address their needs at a reasonable cost.
    Lets face it, would one rather go out like the Pats did Sunday with an over the hill, aged team with Bruschi, Rodney, Vrabel, Seymour or with a young team (18 players with 2 years or less experience) that is building towards the goal of the next team of the decade.
    The team as it sits, has numerous cornerstone players and coaches, and needs to address needs like it does every year, but more importantly, let the current players mature and gain experience. There is a group of 25 players on this team that WILL be part of another super bowl team...lets allow BB to assemble the balance of the team over the next 1-2 years.
    Core players:
    Wright
    Pryor
    Warren
    Wilfork (he will be signed)
    Mayo
    Butler
    Merriweather
    Sanders
    Bodden (he will be resigned)
    Woods
    Arrington
    Brady
    Vollmer
    Kaczur
    Connelly
    Mankins (he will be resigned)
    Welker
    Edelman
    Gustkowski (he will be resigned)
    Potential part of the core
    Tate
    Brace
    Maroney
    Wilhite
    Hoyer
    Mcgowen
    Ingram

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: D WILLIAMS

We don't have a #3 and there are some really good backs in the draft and some decent FAs.  I keep reading gift picks for certain players, those picks were part of properly planning for the future not to put multiple picks on one player.
    D Williams is a great player but I don't want to see multiple picks go.  We need to add players all over the place, need every pick we have.  2nd could get you a decent RT or Guard even a center or any number of d players which we are in need off. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I agree with Pats7393, great back, but we need the picks. I'd like to see the Pats draft a hammer like Gerhart. It would only cost one pick and they would still be able to get some help for the OL and a pass rusher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

cyber
    if the Pats don't take an OL with the #1, and they do not cut Light and do resign Mankins, do you see a 2nd OL making this team with the current OL they have and with the OL picks they made last year?
    Also seems to me that the Pats are making the RB snaps decisions based on who can block...can Gerhart? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

No way. I would rather draft a running back or possibly someone else. This RB by committe and an old committe at that is not working. 

Personally, I would trade the pick we got from Oakland in 2011 and see if we can cash it in next year. What would it be worth?..A 2010 1st round, or possible 2 2010 2nd rounders?

Sections
Shortcuts