Dabol and the timing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Dabol and the timing

I wonder why Dabol was brought in at this time ala McDaniels...does he know something about Balt that can.help?

Any ideas on why he was brought in at this time...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Dabol and the timing

only thing i could find

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/14/patriots-bring-back-brian-daboll/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Not when his record against BAL was 0-5 after he left the Pats. But maybe he can tell BB not what to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

There was talk about the excellent work he did.as WR s coach...that makes more.sense

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Or could he be getting ready to take over as OC. Maybe JMcD is keeping mum about a HC gig till after the playoffs are over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

No way is McD leaving

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

MCD ain't going nowheres he got his fair share of management abuse in Denver! He's BB's replacement when and if BB retires from coaching.Daboll is an excellent WR coach and he also has spent many hours working with TB so my guess is he is the defacto WR/QB coach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

MCD ain't going nowheres he got his fair share of management abuse in Denver! He's BB's replacement when and if BB retires from coaching.Daboll is an excellent WR coach and he also has spent many hours working with TB so my guess is he is the defacto WR/QB coach.

dont want him (josh mcd) as head coach. 

much better coaches out there if and when

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I think KansasPat is right, I think they are setting up shop when HC BB does move on.  Just not sure when that will be nor do I want him to go anywhere either! But I feel BB is surrounding himself with coaches that have been here before and are familar with what BB wants.  I do feel this was part of the issues the past couple seasons, 'coaching', so last yr Josh McD (b/c Obrien left obviously), but now Dabol.  Another coach that went on his own, wasn't peaches n cream out there and came back. Same thing with MCDaniels....glad they are both back here...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I see more of a nick Saban or urban Meyer replacing belichick if he leaves in the next 5.  Be a good gig for them with BB as gm

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Dunno about McD, but Daboll worked with the Pats offense from 2000-2006: a few things stand out from those years that Daboll was on the staff:

a) Brady went from 3rd stringer to QB legend.

b) the team won 3 SBs.  

c) they did it with a strong running game, a clutch use of Kevin Faulk as an option, and no marquee WRs.

With the injuries now, I think Daboll has some familiarity with that "democratic" offense of those SB years.  He can draw up some stuff for Hoomanawanui, Fells, Branch, Bolden, and other guys who opponents might not expect to contribute.    

This move is smart, doesn't cost much, and brings more ideas to the table for McD and TB. 

Have to agree with this... Bringing back some of the Weis philosophy in the process.  Its about winning 2 big games. 

Coach who helped team win 3 SBs has to be useful even if it's just to tell a few funny stories to the players to keep them loose...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Perhaps, it's just Bill tweaking Goodells ample nose again?

Everybody whined when he brought in McDaniels last year so perhaps, just perhaps, Bill is sending his good buddy the one finger salute?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I see more of a nick Saban or urban Meyer replacing belichick if he leaves in the next 5.  Be a good gig for them with BB as gm

love saban. hes in bb mode. but saban is a year older. then again saban may coach a lot longer and is in top health. 

meyers health is very poor.

he gets very stressed and allmost had to quti caioching altogether because of its affect on his heart. thats the only reason he left florida.