Dallas Clark

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Dallas Clark

Per Pro Football Talk, he visited The Patriots on Tuesday. Does anyone know how serious the interest is or perhaps what the plan is? Interesting to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re: Dallas Clark

Wow - would compete with Fells one presumes. He is a smart and effective player who may have lost a step. Probably checking for future signing in case of injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

The Globe reported it as well, Here's another take on it.  Interesting, though I can't say I followed him closely last year, in his prime he was a handful.  Seems like a lesser Hernandez at this point....Hm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Maybe BB needs someone to carry Hern's jock strap cause Clark can't beat out either Gronk or Hern. I'd sign him though, Superbowl could've been won with a third TE.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Put on PUP just in case of future injury to starters, released if unneeded when PUP exemption runs out. Maby just phone call list. But PUP makes sense, experienced vet to come in late season if injuries happen.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

And for all those tremendous draft picks, including moving up to number 5 to draft the Sanchize, the Jets have a grand total of.......1 Superbowl, several decades ago.  Things are lookin good in Jersey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Dallas Clark:
    [QUOTE]Oh no!  Is the ever innovative BB preparing to unveil his 6 WR/4 TE offense?  The guy is brilliant - well he was 7 years ago.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Your deductive reasoning is amazing! And when was it that the Jets HC was brilliant? Just asking. When a Jets HC go's to 5 supper bowls and wins 60% of them it will be worth discussing. Or how about just winning a divisional championship? Maby an AFC EAST championship in recent history? By the way what odds is Rex giving that he will win the super bowl this year, I liked his predictions the last few year. Its entertainment, that's NY,brash,bold, and the largest sewer system made for a very good reason,high volume of BS.

Ps: Currently Vegas has the Pats as the odd's on favorite to win the super bowl this year, go figure again. GB is the ONLY team within striking distance of those odds.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

JetMaggot continues to look foolish.  Seriously, a Jets fan looks just plain idiotic making fun of the Patriots.  He should be over on a Dolphins forum, at least he might be able to troll them without looking dumb.  Unless of course the Jets finish below the Dolphins this year, which is possible! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh!

JetMaggot seems to have forgot the Jets have not won a SB since 1969 and probably won't ever again.. at least not in our lifetime.  The Jets were terrible last season and will be again this season, they are they big joke of the NFL.  Jets fan is living in his own little fairytail world.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think they're kicking the tires on this guy because if/when Hernandez goes down with a groin, knee, back or whatever...we need someone with a similar skill set. Dallas Clark used to be that type of player - he's not now, but maybe he's worth a look. We didn't draft our usual 5 tight ends this year, so there could be room for an h- back in camp.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Weird. Why wouldn't Denver be trying to get this guy?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/18/report-dallas-clark-visited-patriots-on-tuesday/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]Weird. Why wouldn't Denver be trying to get this guy? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/18/report-dallas-clark-visited-patriots-on-tuesday/
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    From what I can tell he's just not the same player he used to be...Obviously there's a comfort factor with Petyon a'la Tom and Branch, but if the guy can't run he can't run...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dallas Clark : It's not difficult.  The Jets have had a better stretch than the patsies since Rex & Sanchez have been there.

I agree!  I actually agree with you JetMangione!  Wow!  I never thought I would write that!  I wish the Patriots had Sanchez instead of Brady!  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dallas Clark : There is just something about being unable to win a playoff game for 3 years that really discounts those regular season wins.

Actually there's something called a "DIVISION WINNER" that goes in the history books and is apparently a big deal.
    Since your pathetic losers have done it, what twice, in 51 years, I can see where you would think it's irrelevant.
    Did you know the jest have never had better than a 12-4 season and that was just once!   1, 12-4 season in 51 years.  Oh, my!!!
    No wonder they call jealousy "The GREEN Monster"  Right gang green?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Oh no!  Is the ever innovative BB preparing to unveil his 6 WR/4 TE offense?  The guy is brilliant - well he was 7 years ago.

yeah... maybe one day the patriots will have the offensive firepower of the jets lmao

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I think BB brought him in because of the high risk.....low reward!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dallas Clark : Not at all.  You seemed very impressed with those regular season wins.  In a year when you had 14, you could even win a playoff game.  That team is built for regular season wins.  There is some logic to that.  Even though teams with awful D's rarely win in the playoffs, winning a lot of regular season games gets you an easier path in the playoffs.  Sometimes you get to play an 8-8 team and then have a team miss a chip shot field goal - poof you're in the superbowl, albeit choking against a 9-7 team, but there nonetheless.

There you are!  Isn't it late on the East Coast?  How have the Jets done in the playoffs?

(I know the Patriots have not won the last 2 SUPER BOWLS they were in)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dallas Clark : There you are!  Isn't it late on the East Coast?  How have the Jets done in the playoffs? (I know the Patriots have not won the last 2 SUPER BOWLS they were in)
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Jest 12-13=25
    Pats 23-16=39
    Pats have won (23) almost the total play-off for the jest all-time.(25)
    After this year they will pass them.  (fingers crossed)
    Yet, maggotioni claims the jest have had more probowlers than the Pats.
    I didn't know losing teams had so many probowlers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dallas Clark : Prove me wrong, skippy.  It's real easy, just count them up.   A 4 year run doesn't make up for 40 years of failures. Just becasue Little Bill and Tommy have had more as many 10 win seasons as the franchise had in the 40 years prior to that doesn't somehow erase long stretches of struggling to win 8 games.  Notice how the Bills slipped right back into obscurity after a nice run with Kelly & Levy.  Dallas after JJ & co, Denver, post Elway.... it goes on and on.

Jets post Namath, 43 years of embarrassing the city of New York and counting.