Dallas to release T.O?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

If they do, would the Patriots bite? Could T.O. be convinced to keep quiet, give his best and try to win it all? Moss might be able to influence him and the Patriots would have to appeal to T.O.

I have mixed feelings about him. He's got the talent. Plays hurt. He wants to win. I kind of like this guy but, I'd be lying if I said he'd be a perfect fit. But, who knows? Moss was never a bad apple IMO but, he's matured with the Patriots and by all accounts, is a hard working team player.

Would you scoop him up if Dallas released him? I'd prefer they dump Barber so we could grab him (I love Barber) but, that's a fantasy I have. ;-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

I hope the story has some plausibility but don't want him anywhere near the Pats. No way.....no frickin' way! that would be as dumb as signing Ladopian. Pass!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

Heat, AGREED. No way no how ,I'd rather stick a fork in my eye......LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

TO would be third on the Patriots in receptions. He would throw the biggest hissy fit known to man if he were on a team with Moss and Welker. He was Dallas' leading receiver the past couple years and still complained about not getting the ball enough. Lets see what he does with 50 receptions, 700 yards and 6 TD's. No thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

I say we sign him but only as sideline entertainment. Dress him up in a clown outfit with a big target on the back. Let him display his antics between plays and TV timeouts, while fans throw snowballs or beer cans at him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

I have not even read this thread yet, i looked at the name and opened it up but before i read it i just want to say if this is a thread at all suggesting that we sign T.O. after he is cut by the Cowboys then I am going to throw up in my mouth a little bit right now. I truly hope that a Pats fan, you know the team that hires under teh rader players to win championships? but a truly hope a Pats fan would know better to even hint at the idea of signing a player like T.O. in fact if you think we should or need to sign T.O. you have no idea what Bill Belichick is about one bit. Ok i am going to read it now and hope that it is a thread reading something more along the lines of "Good I am glad he got cut he is a 35 year old has been" I really hope thats what this thread is about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

[Quote]TO would be third on the Patriots in receptions. He would throw the biggest hissy fit known to man if he were on a team with Moss and Welker. He was Dallas' leading receiver the past couple years and still complained about not getting the ball enough. Lets see what he does with 50 receptions, 700 yards and 6 TD's. No thanks.[/Quote]

He complained in a loss to the Redskins this year and that was after the ball was thrown his way 18 times. Who the hell gets the ball thrown to them that many times? Bad game plan for one thing. Oh well...the Pats won't touch that malcontent anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

I am sad to say this thread was indeed about signing T.O. but i am glad to see all the comments about what a bad move it would be. T.O. was a cancer when he was good let alone now when he is not, he led the league in droped balls last season he is no longer teh force he once was. If Randy Moss was as bad as T.O. as far as running his mouth and all that other stuff he has pulled I would have never wanted Moss on this team T.O. is the worst pro player in any sport and he is the exact opposit kind of player Bill Belichick likes and or looks for. Bill would never even look at this guy not even for a second.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

No way the Pats will go after Owens. If they get a receiver I believe it will be through the draft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

NEVER

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

F TO

Don't want him don't need him

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

Okay, this is the problem I see with all the T.O. haters. While T.O. may have a big mouth, isn't T.O. just calling it like it is? Is Wade Phillips a great head coach? Is Tony Romo living up to the Hype? Didn't Dallas D suck bigtime this year. All I'm saying is T.O. just saying the truth. Maybe if he played with a Superbowl Coach and the Best QB in the league he wouldn't be so inclined to voice his opnions. People said the same thing about Moss, but as we can see he has tremendous respect for BB and Co.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

Okay, this is the problem I see with all the T.O. haters. While T.O. may have a big mouth, isn't T.O. just calling it like it is? Is Wade Phillips a great head coach? Is Tony Romo living up to the Hype? Didn't Dallas D suck bigtime this year. All I'm saying is T.O. just saying the truth. Maybe if he played with a Superbowl Coach and the Best QB in the league he wouldn't be so inclined to voice his opnions. People said the same thing about Moss, but as we can see he has tremendous respect for BB and Co.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

Is Wade a good coach - NO
    Is Romo living up to the hype - NO
    Did the Dallas D suck - NOT all the time but specials teams was a disaster.

The bottom line is that no matter how many balls get thrown his way, or who his coach is, or who his qb is, he's going to be a distraction to some extent and the Pats don't need it. PERIOD!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

- All

Down here in Dallas this is the big topic amoung the football pundits. Jerry loves the talented athelete so I doubt if this is going to happen. He is very much in the same vain as Al Davis. Everyone is saying it would be better without TO on the team. Then who in their right mind would make TO part of their team after he tore up three franchises?

Now to answer MrBungles question. NO!!! Are you out of your frickin' mind?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

Purely in terms of diminished skills TO is not only not worth the headache, he's not worth the roster spot. Let's not forget that after that Washington game, when more than one third of the 'Pokes offenseive plays went toward TO, no only did he complain about not seeing the ball enough, he blamed his inability to catch it on his quarterback.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

Moss was no where near as bad as T.O. is on his worst day. Moss did a few things here and there to pi$$ people off but he has never once even nearly gone as far as T.O. has gone in his career, its not even a fair comparison Moss was a guy looking for a good team who got frustrated and acted out a bit T.O. is a guy who acts like he wants to get on a good team but then when he does he acts the same way he did when he was on a bad team he is a individual who plays for himself and this team is not about gathering talent its about building a team and T.O. wouldn’t know what a team was if it punched him in the face

And to top it all off Grogan if TO had played for the Pats this year when Brady went down do you think he would have been as quiet as Moss was all year? All the haters said as soon as Cassel stopped getting Moss the ball he would blow up but it never happened do you think TO would have kept quiet all season? nope he would not have, and there is no sure thing saying Brady plays next season so if we signed TO he might not be playing with the best QB in the league he might be playing with Matt Cassel and maybe Cassel hits a wall and has some growing pains and maybe TO makes it worse and makes a show of it and starts acting like the punk he has always been. Too many what if's when it comes to signing TO and he is not worth the time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

b

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

He's a poison

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

He's a poison

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

m

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Dallas to release T.O?

First off, to the poster who started this thread: "Bungle" is a great handle for you! You are either a troll, or you have a serious drug problem! Get a life or into rehab immediately!

The facts are quite clear. Owens is a cancer and a malcontent wherever he goes. He cannot comprehend the fact that there are others in his universe than him. If Romo (or any QB for that matter) threw to him on EVERY offensive play, he would then complain he didn't throw it fast enough. Or some foolish BS. Unless there is a drama going on around him half the time he's not happy. When other issues arise he will pull some stunt to grab the limelight. And you cannot use the excuse that Romo does suck and he is simply "telling it like it is". The guy actually made it to the SB then started crap with his QB. There is no pleasing him. If a team can put up with the soap operas, he's a good player (though not what he was). But to win consistently you have to play as a team. And TO may say he does, but he does not understand the meaning of that word. I doubt he will ever grow up. Certainly nobody I would EVER want to see in a Patriots uniform...not even at the league minimum!!!

Sections
Shortcuts