DAMMIT THAT'S WHAT i'M TALKING ABOUT! DEMPS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

DAMMIT THAT'S WHAT i'M TALKING ABOUT! DEMPS!

we've needed a returner for a while.
    why not get one available.
    a lot cheaper than janoris jenkins was
    things are getting exciting.
    now if vollmer walks in healthy and waters comes in...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: DAMMIT THAT'S WHAT i'M TALKING ABOUT! DEMPS!

In Response to DAMMIT THAT'S WHAT i'M TALKING ABOUT! DEMPS!:
    [QUOTE]we've needed a returner for a while. why not get one available. a lot cheaper than janoris jenkins was things are getting exciting. now if vollmer walks in healthy and waters comes in...
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]All I can say about Demps (being as how I live in florida)is he fn fast! In pads he's high 4.1's to low 4.2's,he also wouldn't have signed with the Patriots without guarentees of making the team. As for the Seabass front he ran with some of the other fragile players and he came out unscathed.Progress!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Funny thing is I thought it would be Quetin; who had a better college career at Florida than his brother. Straight speed is much different than lateral quickness needed to be good at football, but if he.s a threat to take it to the hole on PTs and KTs that would be great.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to DAMMIT THAT'S WHAT i'M TALKING ABOUT! DEMPS!:
    [QUOTE]we've needed a returner for a while. why not get one available. a lot cheaper than janoris jenkins was things are getting exciting. now if vollmer walks in healthy and waters comes in...
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

I don't know who gets dumped for a guy who only plays KR, but we'll see. Vollmer watches practice everyday, he's clear to play, but they might just be holding him out so that he doesn't reaggrevigate it. Waters will be back, that's not an issue. He'll be back...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Demps is the real deal at KR and "maybe" as the change of pace back. Dont see Woodhead getting cut but there skills are redundant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We'll have to see what he can do.  He strikes me as a kick returner primarily. i don't see him replacing Woodhead unless he can do all the other things a passing-down back is expected to do, including pass block. And even if he has all the right skills, he doesn't have Woodhead's experience which is now valuable given the general youth of the backfield. Honestly, I'd see Bolden as more at risk than Woodhead if we need a roster spot. It's also possible that the slot that was being held for a fullback might be converted to a kick returner slot.  As injuries mount among our fullbacks it's seeming more and more likely that we may end up without one.  You can always cover the fullback role (limited as it is in today's game) with an O or D lineman, TE, or a bigger tailback (like Bolden).  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: DAMMIT THAT'S WHAT i'M TALKING ABOUT! DEMPS!:
    [QUOTE]We'll have to see what he can do.  He strikes me as a kick returner primarily. i don't see him replacing Woodhead unless he can do all the other things a passing-down back is expected to do, including pass block. And even if he has all the right skills, he doesn't have Woodhead's experience which is now valuable given the general youth of the backfield. Honestly, I'd see Bolden as more at risk than Woodhead if we need a roster spot. It's also possible that the slot that was being held for a fullback might be converted to a kick returner slot.  As injuries mount among our fullbacks it's seeming more and more likely that we may end up without one.  You can always cover the fullback role (limited as it is in today's game) with an O or D lineman, TE, or a bigger tailback (like Bolden).  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Should be interesting what happens with Woodhead. Yes, he's got the experience, and at times he can be good....but IMO, I think he lacks pass blocking due to his size. People just bull over him. Won't the tiny Demps have the same issue? Kid is as fast as lightning.....but I find it hard to believe he can block a 250lb linebacker. Perhaps he will just be a specialty player for KR and maybe a few other areas. Certainly an interesting signing....those videos are amazing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

In my roster that I've been keeping in my head, I have Demps taking the spot that previously belonged to Spenser Larsen.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

4.1 gasp or 4.2 gulp in football gear is smoke and the film illustrates he's got football  RB moves too...Hmm.  Talk about what he brings to the KR game all you want but what  fascinates me is what this kid might do off of bubble screens and the like.  McDaniels must be licking his chops with this kind of asset.

Should be great fun to watch in any case...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

you nailed it theee... 
    i think he's more than a kr. what speed like that brings is ability to make the opposing defense overreactive; to breakdown that d's discipline against the tb-led o. it definitely has ability to take some of the attention away from gronk and lloyd. mcd must be in the process of trying to figure out the situations when to use him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]4.1 gasp or 4.2 gulp in football gear is smoke and the film illustrates he's got football  RB moves too...Hmm.  Talk about what he brings to the KR game all you want but what  fascinates me is what this kid might do off of bubble screens and the like.  McDaniels must be licking his chops with this kind of asset. Should be great fun to watch in any case...
    Posted by threejak[/QUOTE]

Demps is a huge addition! He is a running back with OLYMPIC, WORLD CLASS SPEED!!!! THAT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU SEE EVERYDAY!!! Or even EVERY DECADE! YOU CAN'T TEACH SPEED and SPEED KILLS!!!  He is also use to being hit hard from playing in the NFL's D-LEAGUE, the Southeastern Conference..... He is gonna be NFL ready when he hits the field. I expect no less than 4-TDs from him on returns alone. NICE CATCH BB!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DAMMIT THAT'S WHAT i'M TALKING ABOUT! DEMPS! : Demps is a huge addition! He  is a running back with OLYMPIC, WORLD CLASS SPEED!!!!  THAT IS NOT SOMETHING YOU SEE EVERYDAY !!! Or even EVERY DECADE! YOU CAN'T TEACH SPEED and SPEED KILLS!!!  He is also use to being hit hard from playing in the NFL's D-LEAGUE, the Southeastern Conference..... He is gonna be NFL ready when he hits the field. I expect no less than 4-TDs from him on returns alone. NICE CATCH BB!!!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

dont forget wr use

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

4 - TD's from his returns alone . . . you are drinking the Kool-Aid . . . in four years at Florida he only returned one kick-off for a TD and never returned a punt for a TD.  As good as guys are in the SEC, I hate to tell you this but the guys on special teams in the NFL are bigger, better and faster!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

TD's are great, but any upgarde at all in the KR/PR area is a welcomed sight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He will still be an upgrade in the kicking game and may give us a td or two but I'm also really looking forward to having him out there for a few plays, in the backfield for screens and stuff. With his world class speed it forces defenses to account for him every time that he's out there. He will open things up for the many other weapons that we have out there. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]4 - TD's from his returns alone . . . you are drinking the Kool-Aid . . . in four years at Florida he only returned one kick-off for a TD and never returned a punt for a TD.  As good as guys are in the SEC, I hate to tell you this but the guys on special teams in the NFL are bigger, better and faster!
    Posted by tenace4life[/QUOTE]
    Hey Tenace.....THANKS! But, without going into detail, I've been there and done that!!! What you are forgetting is that it goes for the receiving side of the ball too!!! AND the coaching in the NFL for special teams is drastically more involved than at any other level. Speed kills, Tenace........you will see. 
    The difference in the NFL between an 1-yrd loss and a 99-year TD is a step, and with olympic caliber speed, I give Demps the benefit of the doubt. H deserves it and has the medal to prove it....... kool-aid here, I am a health nut. Call it a holdover from my professional life!!! Demps will likely be the all pro return guy....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DAMMIT THAT'S WHAT i'M TALKING ABOUT! DEMPS! : Hey Tenace.....THANKS! But, without going into detail, I've been there and done that!!! What you are forgetting is that it goes for the receiving side of the ball too!!! AND the coaching in the NFL for special teams is drastically more involved than at any other level. Speed kills, Tenace........you will see. No kool-aid here, I am a health nut. Call it a holdover from my professional life!!! Demps will likely be the all pro return guy....
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

I agree if he can get coached up that speed is crasy. I have seen a yahoo sport saying he had an unofficail 40 measured sub 4.2. I think it was 4.185.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]He will still be an upgrade in the kicking game and may give us a td or two but I'm also really looking forward to having him out there for a few plays, in the backfield for screens and stuff. With his world class speed it forces defenses to account for him every time that he's out there. He will open things up for the many other weapons that we have out there. 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

+++1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]4 - TD's from his returns alone . . . you are drinking the Kool-Aid . . . in four years at Florida he only returned one kick-off for a TD and never returned a punt for a TD.  As good as guys are in the SEC, I hate to tell you this but the guys on special teams in the NFL are bigger, better and faster!
    Posted by tenace4life[/QUOTE]

think about our kr last year where we usually brought it out to the 15.
    now think demps.
    our offense isnt based on him.
    he doesnt have to score a td on his returns

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He's going to be interesting to watch, but let's not get too excited yet.  Remember the guy played running back for four years at Florida and while he was reasonably successful (especially in his first two years), it wasn't like he was an unstoppable force even against college defenses.  And while 4.2 speed is spectacular, there are lots of guys in the NFL who aren't much slower, many of whom aren't all that effective.  

I love the signing and hope he turns out to be everything everyone hopes, but until we see him on the field a few times, it seems premature to proclaim him anything more than another untested rookie hopeful. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If the D catches him they will try to crush him. If he can take the phyysical abuse and doesn't put the ball on the ground then we might have something.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

He will be a game changer for the Pats and open up the field for the backs and receivers.

Brady is probably unable to wipe the smile off his face as he thinks about tossing Demps passes and knowing he now has someone he may not be able to out throw.

He'll be concentrating 100% on football so no weight loss for track.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]He's going to be interesting to watch, but let's not get too excited yet.  Remember the guy played running back for four years at Florida and while he was reasonably successful (especially in his first two years), it wasn't like he was an unstoppable force even against college defenses.  And while 4.2 speed is spectacular, there are lots of guys in the NFL who aren't much slower, many of whom aren't all that effective.   I love the signing and hope he turns out to be everything everyone hopes, but until we see him on the field a few times, it seems premature to proclaim him anything more than another untested rookie hopeful. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Agreed, way too much excitement for a guy that might not have gotten drafted at all?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]If the D catches him they will try to crush him. If he can take the phyysical abuse and doesn't put the ball on the ground then we might have something.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Nawwwwwww, REALLY? I though they might try to pillow fight him to the ground! Come on Philskiw1......Put it this way, you ever try to catch a water bug when you were a kid while it was still in the water or even a puddle? Men this quick are certainly still tackleable, but its a very rare occasion when you see somebody get a really good shot on them. SPEED KILLS in the NFL!!! AND FYSA, the D is trying to crush everybody on every play............

Sections
Shortcuts