Dan Dierdorf

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Dan Dierdorf

Is there a bigger ahole in sports than dierdorf? Could he have sukked up more to the fins during this game?

This is his MO; to pump up whomever the pats are playing, making them sound like HOFs one and all, usually while said team is getting their azzes kicked by the pats. He's done that for years. Today, for example, he bum smooched the fins CBs for three hours, during which time they were getting torched for 323 yards.

Hard to believe that with all the former NFL players out there, CBS couldn't find anyone better than this pompous windbag and who's actually played the game after 1980.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Dan Dierdorf

Who cares ? He has a great stache....if you don't like his commentary mute the volume...problem solved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Dan Dierdorf:
    [QUOTE]Is there a bigger ahole in sports than dierdorf? Could he have sukked up more to the fins during this game? This is his MO; to pump up whomever the pats are playing, making them sound like HOFs one and all, usually while said team is getting their azzes kicked by the pats. He's done that for years. Today, for example, he bum smooched the fins CBs for three hours, during which time they were getting torched for 323 yards. Hard to believe that with all the former NFL players out there, CBS couldn't find anyone better than this pompous windbag and who's actually played the game after 1980.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

He did everything but go down on the field and give the team hummers but it doesn't matter. The age when announcers were unbiased is long gone and the wildcat is in vogue this year even if it doesn't result in many wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i loved when he was surprised that miami "went for it" on 3rd and goal from the 1. he sounded like he was ready to name dan henning head coach of the year, with tony sparano as offensive line coach of the year. that guy is so out of it. i also loved how he was lecturing the listeners that andre agassi is actually a star internationally, not just here. thanks dan!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Why do you think I call him 'Dumbdorf'?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Dan Dierdorf:
    [QUOTE]i loved when he was surprised that miami "went for it" on 3rd and goal from the 1. he sounded like he was ready to name dan henning head coach of the year, with tony sparano as offensive line coach of the year. that guy is so out of it. i also loved how he was lecturing the listeners that andre agassi is actually a star internationally, not just here. thanks dan!
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

I missed the Agassi thing. Classic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Obviously you dotn get it. The stooges as I like to call them (2nd fiddle, 2nd rate) are there only to tell the audience how wonderfull the teams are and how magnificent the players are. They are nothing more than (ball) blowers, whoever has the ball, they kiss up to for the audience and tell you what gods they are on the field.
    Most of them suuuucck at it, but then again most of them are ex ball players, so it goes to show you the Jock mentality and the limitations of their puny little minds.
    Now does that really supprise you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

How come every week we get these kind of threads? "The announcers hate the Pats" " the media hates the Pats" just shut up already and quit your whining. 

BTW alfie are you an ex-marine or is that avatar just a front, I ask because you whine more than a little girl.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Dan Dierdorf:
    [QUOTE]Is there a bigger ahole in sports than dierdorf? Could he have sukked up more to the fins during this game? This is his MO; to pump up whomever the pats are playing, making them sound like HOFs one and all, usually while said team is getting their azzes kicked by the pats. He's done that for years. Today, for example, he bum smooched the fins CBs for three hours, during which time they were getting torched for 323 yards. Hard to believe that with all the former NFL players out there, CBS couldn't find anyone better than this pompous windbag and who's actually played the game after 1980.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]dude, have you heard bel talk about the opponents? he's like lou holtz in hyperbole... everyone is the greatest this and that. if they get a number and a jersey in this league, he's one of the best in the world so u know he can make plays.. u have the hype the game. dierdorf is fine, not the worse in sports!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"not the worse in sports!"

That title is held by Joe Morgan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dan Dierdorf : You don't get these threads from me every week, so just deal with it. dierdorf has bugged me for years and i damm sure don't need your permission to post about him. When did you the become the mod for this board?  No such thing as an ex-marine, cupcake. Is that a harley or a cardboard cut out? I ask because you sound like a puzzy to me and being from vermont makes that even more likely. only steers and queers come from vermont boy and i don't see no horns on you.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

LOL! you want some cheese with that tough guy..."no such thing as ex-marine" LOL! I can see your red angry face all the way up your high and tight...LOL!

OUU! RAH!!!    LOL!   GUNG HO! LOL! 
    You live in California no queers there right high and tight LOL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Dumbdorf is not required to be smart. As long as he's a pal and a buddy and follows the basic rules of broadcasting...

1. Agree with everything your partner says.
    2. Make occasional religious references.
    3. Never mention the words 'New Jersey'.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

although i think alfie is a complete dork, i gotta agree with him here, and to the poster who said mute the sound, thats not the point.  shouldnt have to.   there are good commentators out there. and he is NOT one.  did anyone else get the 13,000 mentions about how they unveiled the wildcat and hurt the pats, but 00,000 mentions of the fact that we played them again and shut it down?  thats what really got me. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]although i think alfie is a complete dork, i gotta agree with him here, and to the poster who said mute the sound, thats not the point.  shouldnt have to.   there are good commentators out there. and he is NOT one.  did anyone else get the 13,000 mentions about how they unveiled the wildcat and hurt the pats, but 00,000 mentions of the fact that we played them again and shut it down?  thats what really got me. 
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

i know, every time they mentioned how the dolphins wipped our buts the first time they unveiled the wildcat, i thought in my head y dont they mention how we totally stuffed them the second time we saw it.. deirdorf definitly has a bias problem but w/e atleast most of the time we dont have to deal with the same announcer every week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

One of the happiest Sports related days of my life was when Dierdorf got booted from MNF ...  I've never heard a commentator more WRONG about EVERYTHING
    ( especially his analysis of calls under review )
       A typical intuitive comment from him goes something like this : 
     " Boy , let me tell you , that Peyton Manning is some kind of Quarterback "

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

Hey  Unclealfie  ,

Pay no mind to Alfie ...

For a VERY funny take on HarleyDrivers in general
    /> CHECK OUT THE RECENT SOUTH PARK EPISODE ABOUT HARLEY DRIVERS ...
    laugh yur Ars off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from phluff17. Show phluff17's posts

wow harley...just from reading your posts today you're kind of a tool.  aren't you a little old for "LOL" every other word?  get a life

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I got admit I felt the same way during the game. He was definitely leaning fish.

Kmax, I don't know if you're old enough to remember but Musburger during the 80's Celts/Lakers games. Easily the worst

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]wow harley...just from reading your posts today you're kind of a tool.  aren't you a little old for "LOL" every other word?  get a life
    Posted by phluff17[/QUOTE]

There is quite a lot of irony in someone who refers to himself as "fluff" in telling someone else to get a life.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Next week there will be a Chris Collinsworth thread. Guys all upset wearing their little Pats jersey's at home...face all red at all the Colts praise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]wow harley...just from reading your posts today you're kind of a tool.  aren't you a little old for "LOL" every other word?  get a life
    Posted by phluff17[/QUOTE]

What can I say in that post I was laughing when I wrote it. Just making my point clear there Phluff. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]although i think alfie is a complete dork, i gotta agree with him here, and to the poster who said mute the sound, thats not the point.  shouldnt have to.   there are good commentators out there. and he is NOT one.  did anyone else get the 13,000 mentions about how they unveiled the wildcat and hurt the pats, but 00,000 mentions of the fact that we played them again and shut it down?  thats what really got me. 
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I swear they do it because they like saying the word 'wildcat'. It's like a little kid learning a new word then running around endlessly repeating it. As for that second game last season...never happened. Pats fans hallucinated it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Dierdorf is a dope.

I don't really care that he doesn't like the Pats, or that he lets it show in his commentary, and I get the fact that he's just a former player with no particular talent for this kind of work -- but he's just bone stupid, even for a color guy.

"Looks like they're gonna go for it!!!"

Hilarious.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OOLLYY. Show OOLLYY's posts

Both Grumble and Dumdorf are horrible.......!

Like some have stated,.... they just like saying the word "wildcat".  I can't believe how many times they referred to the first game Phish / Pats butt whipping,....conveniently not mentioning once,... yes not once, the fact the Pats handed the sushi's their own butt back the second meeting. 

It's all about bringing the Pats down me says....  Can't wait to hear all the prasings of Prince Peyton and crew this week,......ONLY TO BE BROUGHT BACK TO REALLITY WHEN PATS EMERGE VICTORIOUS!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stay-Pro. Show Stay-Pro's posts

I think CBS must have had an argument with Mr Kraft.

No question - Dierdorf is awful. But the entire production of yesterday's game was toilet-worthy.

Where were the replays? There were limited shots on the decisive pass interference that set up the fins TD. It looked like the ball was so wobbly that it may have been touched by one of our guys, yet not a peep about that duck pass, and no other angle was shown.

The booth was just as third-rate as Dierdorf. Does anyone actually work with pride at this?

When there was a man down, there were no replays of the cause of the injury - except when fin's Davis fell in the end-zone. And we saw sideline shots of him all afternoon.

In all, as a production spectacle it was high-school quality.

Sections
Shortcuts