Dan Dierdorf

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Re: Dan Dierdorf

Why is it only in NE do we complain about what the commentators are saying. Who gives a flying fu&k what Dan Dierdorf thinks?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

In Response to Dan Dierdorf:
    [QUOTE]Is there a bigger ahole in sports than dierdorf? Could he have sukked up more to the fins during this game? This is his MO; to pump up whomever the pats are playing, making them sound like HOFs one and all, usually while said team is getting their azzes kicked by the pats. He's done that for years. Today, for example, he bum smooched the fins CBs for three hours, during which time they were getting torched for 323 yards. Hard to believe that with all the former NFL players out there, CBS couldn't find anyone better than this pompous windbag and who's actually played the game after 1980.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

My problem with Dierdorf is his analysis.   Madden wasn't popular but at least Madden could break down a play for you.

If a fullback or a pulling lineman makes a fantastic bock and frees up the RB for a long gain, Dierdorf starts talking about the back and how great he is.  Dierdorf never actually breaks down a play correctly to explain to the audience why the play was a success or a bust.   He always focus' on one player and sensationalizes that individual.

He drives me crazy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Dan does the same crap whenever I hear him call a Charger game. He does like the Colts though. Conversely, Phil Simms did not pull that crap yesterday at the meadowlands. He did lean toward the Giants, but, not blantantly. Every time Dierdorf does a Charger game, I listen to local radio instead. Listen to him when he does the colts if you want a good laugh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Cock-rochfan Not worried about Colts Praise, hard to praise when you just had your first real game and first loss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

In Response to Re: Dan Dierdorf:
    [QUOTE]I got admit I felt the same way during the game. He was definitely leaning fish. Kmax, I don't know if you're old enough to remember but Musburger during the 80's Celts/Lakers games. Easily the worst
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Sam, I actually moved from Massachusetts in 1979 at the the age of 14, so I must admit I missed the Musburger years (lucky me).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Both Grumble and Dumdorf are horrible.......! Like some have stated,.... they just like saying the word "wildcat".  I can't believe how many times they referred to the first game Phish / Pats butt whipping,....conveniently not mentioning once,... yes not once, the fact the Pats handed the sushi's their own butt back the second meeting.  It's all about bringing the Pats down me says....  Can't wait to hear all the prasings of Prince Peyton and crew this week,......ONLY TO BE BROUGHT BACK TO REALLITY WHEN PATS EMERGE VICTORIOUS!!!!
    Posted by OOLLYY[/QUOTE]

At least Manning and the Colts are deserving of some praise but the Fins? ESPN Sunday Countdown and CBS NFL Today both did a good sized pieces on the wildcat yesterday and even though I changed the channel before I puked I didn't hear them once mention the second game, the cake schedule the Fins had last year or even the fact that they're not even .500 this year. None of this should be a surprise as the networks as well as the NFL are always looking for a upcoming team to bandwagon every season. They'd be wise to just stick with the Saints who deserve the kudos they're getting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Can't believe you all missed the most obvious reasons for his unbelievable myopathy yesterday.  He's always been horrific, but I was done when even after the replay had shown that the Pat Chung's hit was indeed clean (and appeared to be near "textbook", see what you hit, right).  He still failed to correct himself.  Criticisms I've seen him level at other QB's turned into excuses for Henne.  This stems from the fact that they're both "BIG BLUE MICHIGAN" alums.  Although that's cool for reunions etc... , it's very unprofessional when it could possibly cause Pat Chung to be "branded" a dirty player.  He's trying to establish himself as I'm sure Dierdorf once did....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Did anyone catch his muttering about how the refs 'gave' the Pats 3 points at the half despite the facts that the replay clearly showed 1 second when the ball hit the ground or that game time is not kept on the scoreboard clock but by a sideline official.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone catch his muttering about how the refs 'gave' the Pats 3 points at the half despite the facts that the replay clearly showed 1 second when the ball hit the ground or that game time is not kept on the scoreboard clock but by a sideline official.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]
    I swear that by that time I'd chipped a few teeth from grinding them so bad in between screaming at the TV telling him to STFU...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dan Dierdorf : I swear that by that time I'd chipped a few teeth from grinding them so bad in between screaming at the TV telling him to STFU...
    Posted by sodiumpentothal[/QUOTE]

I think he was just shocked that Brady could receive the ball and get it off that quick. Dan can't even move that fast when the buffet line opens at the retirement home.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stay-Pro. Show Stay-Pro's posts

[QUOTE]Dan can't even move that fast when the buffet line opens at the retirement home.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

Ha!!