Dan Fouts implying Brady getting special treatment from the refs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Dan Fouts implying Brady getting special treatment from the refs

From WEEI.com:

Speaking on an episode of “NFL Monday QB” on CBS Sports Network, former Chargers quarterback Dan Fouts took a veiled shot at Tom Brady, hinting the Patriots quarterback gets special treatment from officials.

“Tom Brady has to be protected to be effective,” said Fouts, who has become an NFL analyst for CBS Sports. “He’s protected better than anybody — not only by his offensive line, but sometimes, by those guys in the striped shirts.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Dan Fouts implying Brady getting special treatment from the refs

His first statement is so dumb. Name one quarterback that is effective while he's on the ground.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From WEEI.com:

Speaking on an episode of “NFL Monday QB” on CBS Sports Network, former Chargers quarterback Dan Fouts took a veiled shot at Tom Brady, hinting the Patriots quarterback gets special treatment from officials.

“Tom Brady has to be protected to be effective,” said Fouts, who has become an NFL analyst for CBS Sports. “He’s protected better than anybody — not only by his offensive line, but sometimes, by those guys in the striped shirts.”

[/QUOTE]

Spare me.  Did Brady even draw a roughing penalty this year?  I sure don't remember one happening anytime recently.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His first statement is so dumb. Name one quarterback that is effective while he's on the ground.

[/QUOTE]

This as well.  Whenever "analysts" say this they might as well say water is wet or the sky is blue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's just another member of the disgruntled "I didn't win a SB club". 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

There is maybe 2-3 QB's in the league that seem to get better when flushed out of the pocket all other QB's get worse when pressured, just a stupid statement that makes you scratch your head. IMO, people like to knock legends off of their pedistals; it's just human nature. So if you aren't a fan of the team you natural take shots at the face of the franchise. Let people make stupid statements, it only adds fuel to the fire 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Quarterback Calls per 100 passes
     J. Campbell 1.46 J. Cutler 1.28 C. McCoy 1.20 J. Clausen 1.00 S. Bradford 1.00 K. Orton 0.99 M. Stafford 0.93 R. Fitzpatrick 0.91 M. Vick 0.88 M. Cassel 0.75 D. McNabb 0.72 S. Hill 0.72 C. Palmer 0.68 C. Henne 0.67 D. Anderson 0.61 J. Kitna 0.61 P. Rivers 0.60 M. Ryan 0.58 K. Collins 0.53 A. Rodgers 0.52 D. Brees 0.51 A. Smith 0.48 R. Grossman 0.40 M. Sanchez 0.32 B. Favre 0.28 B. Roethlisberger 0.20 M. Hasselbeck 0.18 J. Freeman 0.17 E. Manning 0.16 T. Brady 0.16 M. Schaub 0.15 P. Manning 0.15 D. Garrard 0.00 J. Flacco 0.00 K. Kolb 0.00 T. Romo 0.00 Other* 0.73

*Quarterbacks with fewer than 200 attempt are included in other.

These 2011 numbers are "Roughing the passer"calls per 100 passes per Mike Pereira http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/sorry-Michael-Vick-NFL-referees-do-not-play-favorites-092911  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well of course he is.  Even the cops protect him.  Remember when he had that car accident?  After the guy hit brady , Brady got out of his car, pointed at the cop, and the cop gave the other guy a ticket.  

Fouts wishes he was hlf a Brady     Wait till the 2 weeks before the Super Bowl.  It'll be worse then just this.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Yeah, the refs sure were making lots of calls in favor of the Pats Sunday night ... not

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Dan Fouts you say?  Nothing further need be said.  Guy never met a dumb statement he didn't love.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

I mean really!!!!......I can't for the life of me remember when the last time  an opposing team was called for roughing Brady .......someone look this up cause now I'm curious I can't do it at work.............Fouts is a tool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

The truth seeps out from the experts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

someone is suffering from penus, er, I mean Tom Brady envy! poor Dan! it must really suk to be you watching Tom Brady play like he does.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

I liked Fouts as a player and an analyst. But this comment, no matter idiotic it may be, is still his opinion and he is entitled to it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I liked Fouts as a player and an analyst. But this comment, no matter idiotic it may be, is still his opinion and he is entitled to it. 

[/QUOTE]

oh no doubt I agree. however, that said opinions are just like buttholes, everybody's got one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

apparently he didnt watch the pats-texans game.....the pats and brady were getting hosed by those striped shirts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to Hannahman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I mean really!!!!......I can't for the life of me remember when the last time  an opposing team was called for roughing Brady .......someone look this up cause now I'm curious I can't do it at work.............Fouts is a tool

[/QUOTE]

Brady got 2 roughing the passer this year.The league average was 2.9

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/roughing-the-passer?year=2012

Here's some more examples:

Colts - 5

Philly,Oakland,Carolina - 6

Miami - 7

Houston,Green Bay,Washington - 4

Now what were you saying UD6 ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

oh no doubt I agree. however, that said opinions are just like buttholes, everybody's got one

And they all stink!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about all the experts that think Manning is a choke artist in the playoffs?  Do you hold their opinions in such high esteem?  Seriously though the amount of sour grapes you've displayed on this forum since this weekend is hilarious.  Keep it coming.  It brings a smile to my face and I'll think about it the next time you fancy yourself the "objective" outsider on this forum a few months from now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

oh no doubt I agree. however, that said opinions are just like buttholes, everybody's got one

And they all stink!

[/QUOTE]

lol +1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude, why don't you just go away? Why are you here, just to troll? Is your life that empty? Real pathetic existence you must lead

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Fouts is upset because Manning lost.  He has always been a big supporter of QBs who can't win the big one.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He certainly is entitled to his opinion but he compromises his credibility as an analyst when he suggests what he did.  This is particularly the case given the ample evidence out there that he wasn't even close to being accurate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And we are entitled to our opinion the his opinion is worthless. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Actually liked Fouts as a QB, but he clearly s--t the bed in the playoffs and probably thinks Manning doesn't get the PI calls he deserves for being such a superstar.

Sections
Shortcuts