Dan Koppen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Dan Koppen

Dan Roache just reported he has a broken ankle and could be lost for the year.OUCH!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Dan Koppen

Was Gurode signed by anyone?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Don't get me wrong, the guy is a solid player and smart, but I didn't think they missed a beat with Connolly tonight. I've watched Koppen get handled by bigger guys (I guess it can happen to any center), but this kid Connolly is pretty stout. I think if they sign a guard or center, they'll be ok.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

He had a cast on his left on the sidelines. Definitely looked like done for season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In Response to Re: Dan Koppen:
    [QUOTE]Don't get me wrong, the guy is a solid player and smart, but I didn't think they missed a beat with Connolly tonight. I've watched Koppen get handled by bigger guys (I guess it can happen to any center), but this kid Connolly is pretty stout. I think if they sign a guard or center, they'll be ok.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I think Koppen is overrated anyway. I think Connolly will be just as good, or rather, just as average. What it does do is reduce our depth for interior OL going forward. Need to sign someone else. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

gurodes in balti methinks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

[QUOTE]Don't get me wrong, the guy is a solid player and smart, but I didn't think they missed a beat with Connolly tonight. I've watched Koppen get handled by bigger guys (I guess it can happen to any center), but this kid Connolly is pretty stout. I think if they sign a guard or center, they'll be ok.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

totally agree but worry about Connolly's health over the entire season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

and with that we turn on koppen

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dan Koppen : I think Koppen is overrated anyway. I think Connolly will be just as good, or rather, just as average. What it does do is reduce our depth for interior OL going forward. Need to sign someone else. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I hope all of the "Kopped needs to be replaced" guys were right. We're about to find out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]I hope all of the "Kopped needs to be replaced" guys were right. We're about to find out.

Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I don't think they meant he should be replaced by a street free agent.  Connolly is a decent replacement, but if he goes down....

I thought Solder and Waters played well, and the left side is solid.  So assuming Vollmer gets back and no other season enders, they will be fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Wendell can play C when healthy.  Koppen will be missed.  Waters and Solder were outstanding. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Wendell can play C when healthy.  Koppen will be missed.  Waters and Solder were outstanding. 
    Posted by BSII[/QUOTE]

I admit I was distracted with Solder...Other than a holding call, he played great...especially for a rookie!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

This was a great game for the Patriots sorry about the injury to Koppen but as has been stated on other responses Connolly can handle the job and Wendell can also play Center. They will bring in another O-lineman and the beat will go on. I have 5 FFBT's and I was losing in every league until Gronk,Brady,Welker and Gostkowski scored their points on average they gave me 86 points in each league! In one league I even had McCoy as a back in another I had Bush....I think I could have a good year in FF!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joerock22. Show joerock22's posts

Totally disagree with the guys who say Koppen is overrated.  He's not as good at his position as Logan Makins, but he is very solid, probably in the top ten of centers in the league.  Koppen brought continuity and experience, something that will be missed playing against better defenses (Jets).  Sure, Connelly did fine tonight, but against a Dolphins D that was already gassed by the time he came in. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I was worried abour Solder going against the Fins D line but he schooled them up and played great! I was very happy with what he did tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yup, gurode signed with baltimore. looks like connolly will be the guy. but we'll need to find another serviceable guard. waters looked solid though. that is turning into a very important signing. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Marcus Cannon will be needed greatly after week 6.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

[QUOTE]Totally disagree with the guys who say Koppen is overrated.  He's not as good at his position as Logan Makins, but he is very solid, probably in the top ten of centers in the league.  Koppen brought continuity and experience, something that will be missed playing against better defenses (Jets).  Sure, Connelly did fine tonight, but against a Dolphins D that was already gassed by the time he came in. 
    Posted by joerock22[/QUOTE]

This.  I know some of you guys feel the need to minimize the loss of Koppen by finding faults with him and slamming him, but you guys are seriously are out of your trees.  Koppen is a rock on the line and one of our best O lineman.  While I don't think we're in complete dire straits without him, the sooner he gets back the better. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Hey guys, I realize some believe Koppen is perhaps a liability. I for one , do not. Shoot, let's hear what Tom has to say about this. Connelly played very well tonight and needs to be congratulated for it. I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I know the QB-center relationship. This is more important than some realize. BB will find a way. Always does.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

[QUOTE]Was Gurode signed by anyone?
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

He signed with Baltimore.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I think we will have a capable replacement for Koppen, whether that be Connolly or someone else. But to say that Koppen won't be missed is probably wrong. He has a great rapport with Brady and really gets that offensive line on the same page. Hope he at least returns for playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]Either way, it would be safe to add anther OLer from somewhere to be at the ready.  The last thing we want is to get thin up front as the season moves into the playoffs.   I hope Solder's great stuff tonight will rub off on Vollmer and we'll get a bounce back season from him
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Ummm... I believe Vollmer was a second team all pro, so I guess a bounce back season would be what, first team?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Can't look at it as a one for one replacement. The over all OL depth is depleted, and the back ups are not serviceable for the season. While Connelly played well last night, to think he can for the entire season is false...and there goes the OG depth.
    Pats need to sign some one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

new report is that it was a clean break (no surgery hopefully) and that he could be back at some point this season. If it was a clean break I'm thinking around week 8-10

Sections
Shortcuts