Dan Shaughnessy: DId you really have to do this ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Dan Shaughnessy: DId you really have to do this ??

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shaughnessy's worst night happened with the Sox won in 03' it took away the curse he invented and all the right to tee shirts and hats that went with it!

[/QUOTE]

the Sox won in 03'? You mean Aaron bleeping Boone didn't hit that homerun? Really man get the year right

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really think his job is to sabotage the Patriots.  Has he ever written a pro Patriots column?

[/QUOTE]
    He always writes negative articles about all Boston teams, not just the Patriots. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is Shaughnessy hedging his bets. If the Pats destroy the Texans, he looks smart. And if the Texans beat the Pats, his next Pats/Belichick/Brady bashing article is already being written.

[/QUOTE]

This.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Shaughnessy's worst night happened with the Sox won in 03' it took away the curse he invented and all the right to tee shirts and hats that went with it!

[/QUOTE]

the Sox won in 03'? You mean Aaron bleeping Boone didn't hit that homerun? Really man get the year right

[/QUOTE]

Yup never hit it was all in your imagination, and the Pats sacked Eli in 07' he never made the helmet pass!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Shaugnessey is a doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooche

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was 04

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry PatsEng, didn't see your post.

Those were exactly my thoughts....AARON F*CKING BOONE

God damnit Grady Little

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup never hit it was all in your imagination, and the Pats sacked Eli in 07' he never made the helmet pass!

[/QUOTE]

lol sorry Tom but had to call you out for that, just brought back bad memories

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol sorry Tom but had to call you out for that, just brought back bad memories

[/QUOTE]
    No Worries it was my bad, but the best thing about being from title town is you mix up who won what in which year!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Shaughnessy is right Houston is a joke! Had 1 seed wrapped up in week 12, and choked at Pats, choked at HOME against Vikes, and couldnt even win at mediocre Colts to get a bye

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I know it's not his job to protect the Patriot's interests, but I still can't believe he'd be so dumb, disrespectful and rude. I really have never been able to stand this guy and to think that one of the Globe's meaningless writers (and there are many) has motivated the Texans more than anyone or anything could. This a good football team we're going aganst Sunday and this is not something the Patriots need right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

If Im not having my victory drink in 4th quarter, I will consider game a loss. Watching the game at a friends last Saturday we wondered how either of those 2 teams go in playoffs to begin with.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Im not having my victory drink in 4th quarter, I will consider game a loss. Watching the game at a friends last Saturday we wondered how either of those 2 teams go in playoffs to begin with.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go as far to say the Texans shouldn't be in the playoffs.  Sure, they've hit a cold streak at about the worst possible time but for the first 13 weeks of the season they were arguably the best team in the NFL.  I think they are deserving of their playoff berth, but they will be rightfully bitchslapped next Sunday in Foxborough!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Hmmmmm.... Any team needing "bulletin board" material to get up to play a game is in more trouble than they think. Any team needing to have "bulletin board" material written about the opposing team before the game to play the game is also in trouble.

Words...... just words....... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

This Irish drunk mic needs to either STOP drinking or stop writing. Why the he-l would you give Houston any more incentive if your a Patriots fan/writer? Someone needs to tell this POS to shut the F up! He doesn't even play!!!!!!  I'm not liking the bravado talk going in to this game by the writers--it just fuels the flame for the Texans. I still think the Pats win but why rile a team up--and what pis_es me off is it's not the guys who are going to play?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is Shaughnessy hedging his bets. If the Pats destroy the Texans, he looks smart. And if the Texans beat the Pats, his next Pats/Belichick/Brady bashing article is already being written.

[/QUOTE]

This is the truth right here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Shaughnessy is a jerk...always has been. But, this little controversy gave him what he craves...attention: http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/01/arian-foster-reacts-to-boston-globe-column/

Here are some spot on comments to the above article in the Houston Cronicle, from Patriots' fans:

1.) Texans fans should know that Shaugnessy is notorious for his hatred of the Patriot organization and he does evrything he can to make trouble for them. He is totally in the tank for Larry Lucchino of the Red Sox. Prior to the current Red Sox ownership he tormented Red Sox fans with his bs books about "The Curse of the Bambino" which he made a lot of money off. He isnt happy if he isnt making some sports fan somewhere miserable. This column is a 'twofer' he pisses off Houston fans for his denigration of a 12-4 team in the NFL and he aggravates Patriot fans who know he is being sarcastic and really wants the Patriots to lose because he has a personal beef with both Belicheck and Kraft because they dont give him stories. It is always about Shaugnessy when he rights his columns. See Woody paige for a similiar reporter in Denver. This guy is hatred throughou New England for his bs negatve stories. His only agenda is himself. He enjoys ridiculing fans and teams for his own amusement. The recently retired Bob Ryan is a much better reporter/columnist;

2.) Long time resident of New England here. I do understand how frustrating it must be to read what the Boston Globe columnist had to say, but I assure you, that this columnist is known for his unreasonable and over the top opinions. I don't know why they keep him. He does NOT represent the Patriot's coach, team or fans. Sure there are always a few who are braggards, arrogant, disrespectful, but hopefully they are in the minority in all our fan bases. Bill Belichick himself has said, the last game has nothing to do with this one. The Texans will be a different team to play and so will we. We might win the game, we might lose the game, but for me anyway, playing your best and learning something from the game regardless counts the most. AND being respectful and good sports;

3.) How Silly!!! Bullitin board material?? Really!!!! A Baffoon writer from New England that hates the Patriots writes dribble and Arian Foster has to post it on the locker room wall and tweet for motivation??? If that's what the Texans need to win on Sunday...Houston, You got a big problem. I, along with many others, stopped reading the Globe years ago. I learned about this article via link from the Houston Chronicle. Shaughnessy writes to draw attention to himself and you just gave it to him. Thanks alot. New Englanders have ignored him for a long time now. Shaugnhnessy, hates the Patriots and he is doing everything he can to have America hate the Patriots as well;

4.) How does a sportswriters story become bulletin board material? Really shows Foster as post season neophyte. What is ironic is that Belichick and Patriots dont even know who Shaughnessy, could care less...How about this for bulleting board material...in advance of 2001 AFC title game Cowher tells his Steelers to book hotels in New Orleans...Pats use this to launch dynasty;

5.) I am a lifelong Pats fan. Dan Shaughnessy has always hated the Patriots. No question whatsoever he wrote that expressly to give the Texans additional motivation. Yes he writes for the Boston Globe, but trust me...he's rooting for the Texans. Any Boston Sports fan will confirm that. The best day is his life was when the Giants ruined the perfect season with the helmet-catch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lsulifer86. Show lsulifer86's posts

TexasPat,

Well written good views. Shaughnessy's attention seeking journalism and his apparent lack of objectivity (which make his contributions as  a  journalist questionable at best) make the Patriots and the local media in Boston look bad across the nation.

Karthik 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Seems like Shaughnessy went out of his way fire up the opposing team. It's aa win/win for him. If the Pats crush the Texans, he looks good. If the Pats get beat, mission accomplished...and he'll credit himself for having a hand in it...just liike the NY media was high fiving themselves after SB 42, after they had strategically released "spygate 2", on the day before the SB. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This Irish drunk mic needs to either STOP drinking or stop writing. Why the he-l would you give Houston any more incentive if your a Patriots fan/writer? Someone needs to tell this POS to shut the F up! He doesn't even play!!!!!!  I'm not liking the bravado talk going in to this game by the writers--it just fuels the flame for the Texans. I still think the Pats win but why rile a team up--and what pis_es me off is it's not the guys who are going to play?

[/QUOTE]

Haha oh Lord.  At first, I thought you were referring to me!

But I really wouldn't stress too much about it, man.  It's the playoffs.  If you need more incentive to win a playoff game, you shouldn't be playing in the first place.  It all comes down to execution.  Once the opening kickoff commences, all of this rhetoric doesn't mean squat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Everyone should know by now that the "Shank" is not a big fan of New England sports teams. This latest diatribe comes as no surprise to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

And now...we have Mike Reiss chiming in, giving the Texans' even more bulletin board material:

"...I would have picked (the Texans) against any of the three possible opponents -- Texans, Ravens or Colts...my question on Houston is if it has it in its DNA to scrap, fight and claw with the Patriots in a high-stakes game. I thought the Texans waved the white flag early on Dec. 10...I'm just not sure if they have that championship fight based on what we saw Dec. 10. That's part of what intrigues me about the game -- I think we'll find out what the Texans are all about..."

Poking  a stick at a quality opponent, and calling out a team for having no heart, is like waiving a red towel in front of a bull. Why is the Boston media seemingly going out of it's way to motivate the opposition? I understand why Shaughnessy would...but I have a higher opinion of Reiss. He should know better: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/page/reissmailbagweek0108/fresh-memories-texans-rout-fuel-cautious-optimism

The question that the Boston media should be asking is not whether the Texans have the heart of a champion, but whether these current Patriots do. Sorry...but it's been 8 long years since the last title. Though the Pats have had enough talent to contend every year, for whatever reason, they've come up short. 

There's no reason why this shouldn't be the Pats' year. No other team is more talented. Thus, I am asking the questions that the Boston media has irresponsibly failed to ask, "Do these Patriots have the heart of a champion...and are they willing to pay the price, to do whatever is necessary to GET IT DONE?? 

We'll soon see.        

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow...tell us how you really feel about him. =D

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

And since when is Shaughnessy a member of the Pats organization?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha oh Lord.  At first, I thought you were referring to me!

But I really wouldn't stress too much about it, man.  It's the playoffs.  If you need more incentive to win a playoff game, you shouldn't be playing in the first place.  It all comes down to execution.  Once the opening kickoff commences, all of this rhetoric doesn't mean squat.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I offended you or any Irish Mics out there. I am Irish and drink a lot myself--I just don't write articles to fire up the opposing teams?

Sections
Shortcuts