Dan the Man gives it another go.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Dan the Man gives it another go.

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, Amendola's been injured quite a bit.  For all those who want to rail at his signing, here's a question: what would have happened to Welker or Fitzgerald or Julio Jones or AJ Green or.... if they had received the triple Saints sandwich?

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl! 

[/QUOTE]

My son is a huge Amendola fan, he keeps checking the news to see if and when he will be back, so this news makes him pretty happy.  Me on the other hand would just like to see him heal up so he can help this team.  Putting all the Amendola/Welker thoughts and comparisons aside, the success of this offense is partly dependent on Amendola being healthy.  If they can get by and make the playoffs without him then rest him and get him healthy for the playoffs, or at least for week 12 when the Broncos come to town.  I would be all for that.  A healthy Amendola for the Broncos and then again in the playoffs would be huge. 

[/QUOTE]

IF and this is a BIG IF DA, Gronk and Vereeen get healthy and stay healthy and with the rest of the complimentry pieces surronding them this offense will be a very difficult to deal with come playoff time.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt about it.  If you lookback at the Ravens and Giants they got hot just in time for the SB, so why the heck can't we? It's our time to get some of that luck on our side, don't you think? 

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!!! this team just needs to find a way to get to the bye 7-2. Again IF they can stay healthy, they get their offensive weapons back which gives them the second half of the year to get in sync offensively and it gives them time to figure out how they are going to compensate for Vince/Kelly. Talib in my opinion is the key and difference maker on D.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, Amendola's been injured quite a bit.  For all those who want to rail at his signing, here's a question: what would have happened to Welker or Fitzgerald or Julio Jones or AJ Green or.... if they had received the triple Saints sandwich?

[/QUOTE]

Those guys wouldn't put themselves in a situation to get hit like that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I've just replayed the video of the hit.  

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/danny-amendola-concussion-hit-head/207153

DA was trying to get the first down.  Blaming DA for the concussion is just plain silly (actually not the expression I had in mind but trying to keep it civil).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those guys wouldn't put themselves in a situation to get hit like that. 

[/QUOTE]

So, do you not really watch Fitzgerald play this game?   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And by the way, who was the third Saints player in that sandwich?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DA was trying to get the first down.  Blaming DA for the concussion is just plain silly (actually not the expression I had in mind but trying to keep it civil).

[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, when this injury happened someone posted that Decker on the Broncos received the same exact hit later in the day that Amendola received.  I went back and watched the Bronco game with this in mind and sure enough Decker received the exact same hit, 3 people, side of helmet, on the sideline, as Amendola did.  It was crazy identical.  Decker jumped up unfazed by the hit.    Decker is a bit bigger then Amendola.  My son pointed out they wear different style helmets and might be part of the reason too.  It just seems like Amendola is prone to this stuff.  Some people are, some people aren't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, when this injury happened someone posted that Decker on the Broncos received the same exact hit later in the day that Amendola received.  I went back and watched the Bronco game with this in mind and sure enough Decker received the exact same hit, 3 people, side of helmet, on the sideline, as Amendola did.  It was crazy identical.  Decker jumped up unfazed by the hit.    Decker is a bit bigger then Amendola.  My son pointed out they wear different style helmets and might be part of the reason too.  It just seems like Amendola is prone to this stuff.  Some people are, some people aren't.

[/QUOTE]

Man, I'm sorry but I simply have to say that it appears as though you're looking for a way to chock up DA's concussion as just one more injury that he shouldn't have incurred.   How many collisions do we see on a football field every week where one guy gets up and walks away and another guy is injured? Does that mean that every guy who ever suffers a concussion in a collision similar to one somene else has experienced without injury is injury prone? C'mon.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think DA deserves a pass on the concussion....and I think the hit to the head was intentional...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Danny Amendola spent his first years as basically the only offense on his team, not to mention the only receiver.  Knock Amendola out of the game and your defense wins the game.  It's not so much that Amendola was injury prone but that he had a big target on him.  His only claim to being injury prone is being lightweight, unlike 250 lb. LaGarrette Blount, for example.

So Amendola comes to New England.  An experienced quarterback, Brady, throws him passes that don't lead him into people, and Brady has other targets.  Amendola gets surrounded and speared in the head anyway by an infamous cash-for-pain team. 

Enough with the injury-prone label.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ras I will be playing like Cromartie?  Funniest thing I've ever read here.

[/QUOTE]

LOL

Poor Ras-I could never stay healthy.  Now RKrap thinks Rex Ryan has some magic potion. Classic RKrap. A closet Jets fan and perennial loser at ESPN who is paid to come here and obsess over the Jets.

[/QUOTE]

Well let's all hope Ras-I really was a BB busted pick.  Last thing we want to learn now is that BB didn't really blow it choosing Dowling at 33. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The concussion may have been a fluke, but the groin tear fits a pattern.  Maybe Amendola has just had a string of bad luck.  Then again maybe the same can be said of Ras-I Dowling. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Amendola, and other Pats related stuff, explained in simple terms...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHnzlIS8QRE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Isn't it BB's fault for drafting/acquiring players with a history of injuries when they ultimately can't stay or get on the field? Maybe it's time to do something different.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Man, I'm sorry but I simply have to say that it appears as though you're looking for a way to chock up DA's concussion as just one more injury that he shouldn't have incurred.   How many collisions do we see on a football field every week where one guy gets up and walks away and another guy is injured? Does that mean that every guy who ever suffers a concussion in a collision similar to one somene else has experienced without injury is injury prone? C'mon.  

[/QUOTE]

Take it any way you would like, It doesn't matter to me.  I believe I have made it pretty known here how I feel about this guy.  However, I was trying to be a bit more positive here with it without totally dodging the elephant in the room, as Rusty likes to put it.

My point was two fold.  It was amazing that Decker received the same hit on the same day.  2 different outcomes.  I might still have the game on dvr and will make a gif and show you if I do.  It is interesting regardless of the message you are trying to find here.  What does it prove?  Who knows if it proves anything but I do find it interesting that Amendola seems to be susceptible to injuries regardless of the nature of these injuries....  Normal injuries, strange injuries, common injuries, all injuries.  Like I said, there are some people like that.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

Most of the people commenting on this thread probably still think Amendola was a better signing than Welker. Bwahahah this thread is homer central, just need true champ to drop in with an Amendola sux comment!

I don't know why you'd saythat...you're a Jets Troll...stop giving them what they want...stay away from this discussion board if you can't contribute something positive Jet Troll

Amendola is a difference maker...he's the heart and soul of the offense...Welker didn't make a difference for the Broncos last week, did he?!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My son is a huge Amendola fan, he keeps checking the news to see if and when he will be back, so this news makes him pretty happy.  Me on the other hand would just like to see him heal up so he can help this team.  Putting all the Amendola/Welker thoughts and comparisons aside, the success of this offense is partly dependent on Amendola being healthy.  If they can get by and make the playoffs without him then rest him and get him healthy for the playoffs, or at least for week 12 when the Broncos come to town.  I would be all for that.  A healthy Amendola for the Broncos and then again in the playoffs would be huge. 

[/QUOTE]

IF and this is a BIG IF DA, Gronk and Vereeen get healthy and stay healthy and with the rest of the complimentry pieces surronding them this offense will be a very difficult to deal with come playoff time.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt about it.  If you lookback at the Ravens and Giants they got hot just in time for the SB, so why the heck can't we? It's our time to get some of that luck on our side, don't you think? 

[/QUOTE]

Agree on DA, Gronk, Vereeen. I don't question Amendola heart or toughness . I question his durability.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Everyone is concussion prone. It's a concussion, nothing you can do about it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to RicosUncle's comment:

"Amendola is a difference maker...he's the heart and soul of the offense...Welker didn't make a difference for the Broncos last week, did he?!"

Did you see Welkie making those great catches and moving the chains.  Danny boy has done what to help this team exactly? 

RicosUncle: "Amendola is a difference maker...he's the heart and soul of the offense"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I'm flattered that you took the time to honor me with a screen name, it's obvious that I'm in your head! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to RicosUncle's comment

Amendola is a difference maker...he's the heart and soul of the offense

Danny has played 144 snaps out of 520 snaps and he is the heart of the offense?

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

The heart of the offense?  Please tell me you are not serious?  I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying.  That has to be the most ridiculous post I have ever read on a football forum.  Danny Amendola has played 144 out of 520 snaps and he is the heart of the offense?

Bwahahahahaha!!

You better change that screen name and come back as someone new otherwise nobody is going to take anything you say serious.  Here you create a screen name to mock me and you make a comment like this:

Bwahahahaha!  34 posts in and you already blown it! You are the joke!!!!  Try again troll.  How many screen names will this make for you?  4 or 5?  More?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Speaking of giving it another go: Ras-I signed to the Jets PS. 

[/QUOTE]

yes, I saw that as well...perfect system for Ras...he was simply miscast here as the PAts want the CB's to set the edge and play physical. Ras and McCourty struggled staying healthy playing that way. Arrington can play that way, but gives up a lot in coverage. Very few have the ability to do both, like Talib. But guys like Talib, either have to be drafted very high, or get paid in FA, something BB does not want to do.

Rex will have Ras playing much like Cromartie...fits Ras perfectly.  

[/QUOTE]

jets fan outs himself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Danny Amendola is determined to play this season and prove he's a quality signing"

He's tough all right but unfortunately appears to be fragile. When on 

the field, he has struggled. I thought he would be a good signing but 

right now it looks a bit iffy. 

At his best he can be better than Welker, but right now Welker clearly would have been the better signing. That said I am rooting for Dan though I am less interested in his masculinity than you and more interested in him staying on the field and making plays.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Speaking of giving it another go: Ras-I signed to the Jets PS. 

[/QUOTE]

yes, I saw that as well...perfect system for Ras...he was simply miscast here as the PAts want the CB's to set the edge and play physical. Ras and McCourty struggled staying healthy playing that way. Arrington can play that way, but gives up a lot in coverage. Very few have the ability to do both, like Talib. But guys like Talib, either have to be drafted very high, or get paid in FA, something BB does not want to do.

Rex will have Ras playing much like Cromartie...fits Ras perfectly.  

[/QUOTE]

As long as he doesn't hurt himself opening a bag of potato chips, I guess anything is possible. I would not bet on him playing like Cromartie though.

[/QUOTE]

lol...  well said.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RicosUncle's comment

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Danny has played 144 snaps out of 520 snaps and he is the heart of the offense?

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

The heart of the offense?  Please tell me you are not serious?  I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying.  That has to be the most ridiculous post I have ever read on a football forum.  Danny Amendola has played 144 out of 520 snaps and he is the heart of the offense?

Bwahahahahaha!!

You better change that screen name and come back as someone new otherwise nobody is going to take anything you say serious.  Here you create a screen name to mock me and you make a comment like this:

Bwahahahaha!  34 posts in and you already blown it! You are the joke!!!!  Try again troll.  How many screen names will this make for you?  4 or 5?  More?

[/QUOTE]

If he really is the heart and soul of the offense, it would explain a lot . . . because the heart and soul just ain't there. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he really is the heart and soul of the offense, it would explain a lot . . . because the heart and soul just ain't there. 

[/QUOTE]

I know, can you believe someone would actually say that?  What a dork that guy is.  Here he come on to make fun of people and he ends up making fun of himself worse then he could ever make fun of someone else.  Wonder who this poster is?  Melswitt?  Smelly bear? Harvey? One of the other trolls who clutter up the forum.  Whoever it is has been owned.  They are probably trying to come up with some other worthless gig.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everyone is concussion prone. It's a concussion, nothing you can do about it.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Every player is one whack away from a concussion these days.  It's silly to pretend one player is concussion prone over another in the new Goodell NFL.

My favorite part is how Goodell allows for helmet hits for players running with the ball and picks and chooses who gets fined.

Meriweather whacks Eddie Lacy with his helmet, a fine and penalty. Bush does it to Amendola, no penalty and no fine.

Roger Goodell is a flippin hypocrite phony.

[/QUOTE]

It was a run play. And it wasn't with the crown of the helmet. Learn the rules.

Sections
Shortcuts