Dan the man??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Dan the man??

Hey guys, so the Lions just cut a bunch of guys and I know for the most part the guy most people will want to talk abotu signing is Leigh Bodden the CB. But I want to talk to you about someone else, Dan Campbell the TE. He is a better blocker then any of the tight ends on our roster right now, he might be the best blocking TE in football. He is the exact kind of under the radar stop gap kind of player we love to pick. He is cheap and would love to play for a contender. He does not run routes very much but he is a great blocker and a journey man player and i just think he is a perfect fit. Back in 2001 he would have been the exact type of guy we would have wanted he is a cap friendly veteran who will come in and work. What would you guys think about signing this guy to a 1 year deal? He might work out better then Kyle Brady did and he would be a major help in the running game. Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Dan the man??

I honestly know nothing about Detroit. I even refuse to watch them on Thanksgiving. If he is as good as you say he is then he should be a good #2 TE. But we still need to upgrade our #1 TE position. Watson continues to disappoint.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Dan the man??

Thats the thing, he is an under the radar type of player who wouldnt expect anything less then the #2 or even the #3 TE spot he knows his role. He is a glorified olinemen with the way he blocks and thats my main selling point is the guy is one of the best blocking Tight ends in football and he would sign for the vet min with out question. In fact he might sh*t his pants if the Pats called him. He played for Parcells in Dallas for a few years and even cought game winning TD one year lol he has made so few plays that yes i can name the one time he won a game lol but he is a hard worker, a cheap worker, and a tough blocker.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Dan the man??

Last year I was surprised the Pats did not grab a TE in the draft. Huge fan of the blocking TE. If this kid can block sweeps, screens, seal the edge and pick up the blitz he's be worth looking into. Cheap. Hard worker. Can he play special teams ? I'll be honest with you MVP, I don't watch very many Detroit games, however it is an ideal place to go bargain hunting for quality.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Dan the man??

Yea and when you take a career loser like Dan Campbell, a JAG player if you will (Just Another Guy) and put him on a team like the Pats where Belichick plays the guys who work for the job and not the guys with teh biggest pay check you get a great value cause those kinds of players know they have a shot with a Belichick team and so they will work their a$$ off to make the roster. I didnt watch Dan much in detroit cause liek you i dont watch Lions games but he has been around teh block, he is not some kid he is a career back up TE who can block better then most and he would be a great under the radar guy for this team. He wouldnt cost much and he would play more then we might think considering both out TE's cant block as well as he can. Guys who come from teams like Oakland and Detroit want to play for a winner like the Pats and they will play harder then most and thats why we always sign guys like LaMont Jordan or Roman Phiffer.

Sections
Shortcuts