Danario Alexander: RFA WR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Danario Alexander: RFA WR

Reportedly two teams are interested in RFA Alexander. The Charges tendered him at the original draft tender (UDFA) so it makes sense the Pats might be one of the two teams. They could offer the Charges a 7th instead of just giving Alexander a higher contract that SD couldn't match. Cheaper option then Sanders in terms of both picks and contract. Decent #3/4 WR who averages about 16.5ypc over his 3 year career and about 30recs a year. Here's the real kicker, played under McDaniels while in Stl and the best part it seems for the Pats has some injury history issues which should lower his asking price. Might be worth the 7th though to bring him in for a look. Better then most 7th rounders we would be talking about.

The Sideline View's Adam Caplan reports there are two to three teams showing some interest in restricted free agent Danario Alexander.

Caplan doesn't specify which teams, but adds that clubs don't want to waste their time if they think San Diego will match any offer sheet. The Chargers tendered Alexander at the original-pick level, leaving themselves vulnerable to being pick-pocketed since DX wasn't drafted. Teams have until April 19 to make offers to restricted free agents. The biggest-name restricted free agent is Victor Cruz, but the Giants tendered him at the first-round level.

Apr 4 - 11:05 PM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Danario Alexander: RFA WR

Interesting name. You were just complaining about amendola and jones injury history...you want another often injured player ar WR? I don't, but as a camp body to see if something is there then why not.

how good do you feel going into camp with amendola, jones, Edelman, molasses, Alexander and slater And our PS guys? ...bb is waiting in the wings and I feel comfortable he has a plan....it's making me a bit nervous stacking our WR corps with injury prone players Especially given our te's aren't the healthiest bunch either. Curiosity in terms of what bb is going to do is killing me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not in particular Lifer but this type of move is very reflective of the Pats mo lately. Cheaper option who's price is reduce because of injury concerns and formerly worked with McDaniels. I'd rather have Sanders who's more durable but heck if you toss a 7th round pick at SD to not match and the right contract I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him given his potential. I think he has higher upside then Edelman so I'd rather have Alexander then Edelman at this point and I'd much rather have a higher upside Alexander then Molasses who both have injury histories and similar production but Alexander has much higher upside

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He is the big body you and I and others were looking for. I don't think he has had a ton of chances, but when he got them he produced. however, I think he is a different WR than Edelman. As much as we make of Edelman, I don't like him lining up outside at all. Alexander I think should.  Depends on edelmans money. I wouldn't mind going into camp with amendola, jones, Edelman, Alexander, molasses , and either sanders, Hopkins, bailey...plus our ps guys and maybe tj moe drafted late....if have guys in this group that can line up effectively in all WR spots. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I brought Alexander up before FA even began.  Quite honestly, I'm really suprised that SD didn't tender him with at least a 3rd.  The injury list is long, and the worst part is that most of his are knee/lower leg injuries that tend to be reoccuring and problematic.  However, when he was fully healthy last year for the first time in a while, Alexander was sensational and almost made Phillip Rivers look decent again.  He was very good and is exactly the type of WR that most of us have been hoping to see in NE for quite a while now.  Big, Physical, and can make the tough catch upfield.  He is definitally worth a look for a 7th, IMO.  Also, keep in mind that McD knows Alexander a bit from his time in STL, and we all know how he likes to bring guys who he is familiar with into the fold...This would be a great move by NE, but they better have a decent insurance policy in case he goes down because Alexander's history makes Ras I look durable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Skip all the bum knee WR talk and just sign the old man warming up with Brady if there is one thing i know about him it's he can catch just about any type of ball thrown in his direction.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Did good at Mizzou, but sure didn't light it up in the NFL. I like his height though. Would've been a better pickup than molasses mike.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

he played 9 games in 2012 and had 37 receptions 658 yards and 7 tds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

yeah, he did good last year, but didnt put crap in out of college. could've been he was in stl. louis for two yeras and they didn't capitalize on his skills.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

yeah, he did good last year, but didnt put crap in out of college. could've been he was in stl. louis for two yeras and they didn't capitalize on his skills.

Agree with you.