Dane Fletcher Gets It

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Dane Fletcher Gets It

good article, i look forward to seeing the competitions in training camp if and when it occurs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

As much as I like Fletcher...he'll have to wirk hard to make this team...The 6th round pick Carter looks good...http://60maxpowero.com/draftermath2.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Yes Dane is looking great,also allow me to be the latest to spam this site... http://60maxpowero.com/draftermath2.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

If he continues to play like he did against the Ravens, shutting down Ray Rice all game, I can see him getting some snaps to spot mayo or spikes. great depth

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I'm still a bit confused here, where EXACTLY Belichick deployed Dane Fletcher last year, and where (and when) Belichick plans to deploy Fletcher in the future?  ILB sub for Mayo?  Sub ILB packages for Spikes on passing downs...?  Weight up from 242 to 248lbs, What's his height anyways?  Weight now definately just doable on weakside 3-4 OLB spot (especially given his pass-rushing skills, and DE spot, and the mindset that comes with it-From his usage in College)?  Always like the versatility (not to mention, player that showed success in system by the end of Year 1 rookie campaign).

Uggh, I can't find these answers anywhere on BDC...I'll bet that there's a good breakdown here: http://60maxpowero.com/draftermath2.html

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Instead of making jokes about that terrible site and the two posters DNA53 and RONMEX who spam it day in and day out, why don't you hit the complaint button and get them banned?

I have on every post I come across, but it will take more complaints for the mods to actually do something about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Dane Fletcher Gets It:
    [QUOTE]As much as I like Fletcher...he'll have to wirk hard to make this team...The 6th round pick Carter looks good... http://60maxpowero.com/draftermath2.html
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

Your wensite is terrible ... that is why no one visits it. It's hack. Spamming this board for an eon won't get you any more hits.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Fletcher = The Anti-Ron Brace

Also -

Its pretty clear that by now we've all clicked the incessantly ubiquitous Maxpower60 sight .

I'm in the minority here , but I found the content passable  - though admittedly there's not a whole lot to convince you to Favortize it.

Hard for me to wish ill will on people that appear to love the game of football( and the Pats in particular )
    but now that the spamming has been exposed - it's time for the sights creators to wittle back the Ron Mex / DNA pseudo comments .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Instead of making jokes about that terrible site and the two posters DNA53 and RONMEX who spam it day in and day out, why don't you hit the complaint button and get them banned? I have on every post I come across, but it will take more complaints for the mods to actually do something about it.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I will NEVER, Never once, EVER hit the complaint button...outta sheer principle.  Never have in like 7 years...and I never will.  Not...1...single...time...EVER.  Never have.  ALL fopaus in life and on the internet, all crudeness, even all works of pure criminality and/or moral indecency of any form whatsoever...ALL these things can and SHOULD be resolved among the people themselves, and NEVER in a court of law, or any form of their various forms, no matter how small...  I will NEVER "Narc" on a troll, no matter what they say, or what they do...I WILL attempt to crush them personally, If and When they exceed the basic limits of decency, by taking it over the boundaries of lewd, and towards the personal attacks realm.  Harsh & creatively constructed words coupled with even small amounts of people, taking the responsibility to see justice through, with simple acts of stoning in the market square...THIS, imo, will be the only way for us to both clean up our world, & transcend as a society, and take a small (sometimes fun) amount of personal responsibility on each persons's own shoulders.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he's 6'2. too small to play on the outside. he's going to play big on special teams and may start to nudge guyton as the 3rd ILB. he's not as fast but he seems to have good instincts and when he played last year he just always seemed to be around the ball. i think this kid has a bright future, but definitely on the inside. he may get to blitz from the outside on occasion but thats about it.

[QUOTE]I'm still a bit confused here, where EXACTLY Belichick deployed Dane Fletcher last year, and where (and when) Belichick plans to deploy Fletcher in the future?  ILB sub for Mayo?  Sub ILB packages for Spikes on passing downs...?  Weight up from 242 to 248lbs, What's his height anyways?  Weight now definately just doable on weakside 3-4 OLB spot (especially given his pass-rushing skills, and DE spot, and the mindset that comes with it-From his usage in College)?  Always like the versatility (not to mention, player that showed success in system by the end of Year 1 rookie campaign). Uggh, I can't find these answers anywhere on BDC...I'll bet that there's a good breakdown here:  http://60maxpowero.com/draftermath2.html
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dane Fletcher Gets It : I will NEVER, Never once, EVER hit the complaint button...outta sheer principle.  Never have in like 7 years...and I never will.  Not...1...single...time...EVER.  Never have.  ALL fopaus in life and on the internet, all crudeness, even all works of pure criminality and/or moral indecency of any form whatsoever...ALL these things can and SHOULD be resolved among the people themselves, and NEVER in a court of law, or any form of their various forms, no matter how small...  I will NEVER "Narc" on a troll, no matter what they say, or what they do...I WILL attempt to crush them personally, If and When they exceed the basic limits of decency, by taking it over the boundaries of lewd, and towards the personal attacks realm.  Harsh & creatively constructed words coupled with even small amounts of people, taking the responsibility to see justice through, with simple acts of stoning in the market square...THIS, imo, will be the only way for us to both clean up our world, & transcend as a society, and take a small (sometimes fun) amount of personal responsibility on each persons's own shoulders.   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

deep :)
    and righteous.
    and christ!, self reponsibility
    that might make the f..ing world better.. sheesh!
    leave it to you laz...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

to me, this article really hits the nail on the head regarding BB and his draft day reputation. Finding and developing Fletcher to me is similiar as having a 3rd or 4th round draft choice. For all of those "experts" that are critical because BB drafted one player over the other, or did not draft a defensive rush player, or did draft Chad Jackson....isn't it now clear how the guy operates?
    1) BB views the draft as a way, but not the only way, of improving the team via depth and youth. Fletcher, Eric Moore, Stephen Neal, Kyle Arrington, Sergio Brown, BJGE, Mark Levoir, Brandon McGowan...all rookie free agents (albeit all not originally signed by the Pats out of college) 
    2) BB believes in a players ability to be coached into improvement and values that coach-ability perhaps more than any other attribute when choosing players for the team

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

RKARP ...  I get your pt about BB finding NFL caliber talent in via the undrafted market but to be fair almost ALL teams have rosters dotted with em . Considering all the recent draftees that were college team captains , I too see a shift in BB's thinkin' regarding "coach-ability vs pure ability " . I think the Maroney / Merriweather / Brace type picks , where they were probably selected more for their god given phisical attributes as opposed to their cognative abilities , are over ( at least in the early rounds ) .

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I like this guy.  Watching him last year, he did seem to get it, as they say.  Has intangibles that will make him more an more valuable in sub roles.  As someone above said, he always seems to be around the ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Being 6' 2" doesn't necessarily negate Dane from playing outside linebacker (Rob Ninkovich and Tully Banta-Cain are both 6' 2") but Dane is a
    little light to play the position on a regular basis.  Honestly, his height and measurable are very similar to Clay Matthews.  Both weigh about 250lbs.  Both ran a 4.62 40s.  Both are explosive off the whistle: Dane timed 6.93 sec. in the
    3 cone drill where as Clay timed 6.90 flat.  Both Dane and Clay are reasonably strong: Clay benched 23 reps of 225 lbs whereas Dane benched 29 reps.

I did this comparison to show that Dane possess the physical tools to be a good rotational guy off the edge.  The next question would be does he have the instincts and football knowledge to be effective as an OLB? Dane displayed some pretty
    good instincts last year in limited playing time.  He had some success as a spy on Ray Rice and as a situational blitzer.  I think he would be great in 3rd down and distance scenarios.  Opposing teams wouldn't know if he was going to drop into
    coverage or blitz. Dane is faster then Tully Banta-Cain so he can speed rush off the edge.  I have not seen any other pass rush moves so he may need to work on that aspect of his game.

Overall, I think Dane will develop into an effective, versatile player with the ability to play inside on early downs and kick outside on 3rd down.  I think he will be proficient rushing the passer and dropping into coverage.  He will probably
    struggle against the run and or double teams.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i think the anti ron brace comment had more to do with him showing up to camp last season, after a bad rookie season, out of shape and unable to pass the conditioning test. he looked decent once he finally got into the lineup briefly and then got injured. so the point is that fletcher may not have the pedigree or be an elite athlete, but he's worked his tail off since the day he was brought in and fought his way onto the roster and fought his way onto the field. brace was a big time prospect and a 2nd round pick, but hasnt shown yet that he is committed to putting in the work to reach his potential. i think the jury is still out on brace. lets see what kind of shape he shows up in and how much he has learned the defense this season (if there is one). but as of right now the jury is still out on brace. truth is, deaderick has shown more potential up to this point that brace.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

Deadrick racked up 10 tackles and 2 sacks in 5 games. Brace had 41 tackles, 0 sacks over 11 games. When Brace held up at the point of attack against the Vikings, stopping AP on 4th and Goal line, that was probably his best play of the year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

If you compare first year to first year I believe that Deaderick clearly outplayed Brace.  Not even close.  Brace did improve in his second year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i didnt say brace was awful, but he certainly was not a "beast" on a consistent basis. the point is, he's got the ability. but he hasnt shown that he can show up in shape, stay healthy, or that he's really grasped the 3-4. but he's still a young player. his rookie year was such a disaster that maybe this can be more like his year 2 jump. lets hope, because we need help along the d-line. i dont know what stroud has left in the tank and ty warren has to show he can stay healthy, which he hasnt done the past few years. 
    but getting back to his comparison to fletcher, we know that fletcher is getting into great shape, we know his nose is in the playbook, and we know that he is squeezing the absolute most out of his natural ability. brace....we just dont know. yet.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Feels good...won't make it....he coaches are so good they make average players into 14-2 teams...Markell Carter looks to give him a run...http://60maxpowero.com/draftermath2.html