Dane Fletcher Tears ACL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan95. Show BostonFan95's posts

Dane Fletcher Tears ACL

FOXBORO -- Patriots linebacker Dane Fletcher tore the ACL in his left knee in the first quarter of Thursday's preseason opener, according to Ian Rappoport of the NFL Network.

For more, visit the Patriots team page at weei.com/patriots

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Dane Fletcher Tears ACL

One of my Favorites...........time to move on now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Who do you think will be our depth replacement?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Hightower slid into MLB. This changes things. Hopefully spikes gets healthy....and stays that way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Tough break for him. Hard working guy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

white and carpenter will be good replacements and this allows us to keep one of them i guess to look on the bright side.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: Dane Fletcher Tears ACL:
    white and carpenter will be good replacements and this allows us to keep one of them i guess to look on the bright side.
    Posted by natesubs

White maybe not so sure about Carpenter. He has done less than zero since being drafted in the 1st round.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to Dane Fletcher Tears ACL:
    [QUOTE]FOXBORO -- Patriots linebacker Dane Fletcher tore the ACL in his left knee in the first quarter of Thursday's preseason opener, according to Ian Rappoport of the NFL Network.

For those unfamilar with ACL injuries:

The prognosis for a partially torn ACL is often favorable, with the recovery and rehabilitation period usually at least three months.

However, a full tear often requires surgery with at least a year to fully recover and resume athletic activies.

For a full understanding of the nature of this injury: http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00297

I hate it that this had to happen to one of the hardest workers on the team.

Good luck Dane, along with so many others, I'm rooting for you. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Dustcover, is that the large ligament I feel below my knee cap? That's what it looks like. Any news on whether it's a full or partial tear? Funny that you almost never hear of a torn PCL.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Damn shame because he was one of the people I was really looking forward to seeing this year.  He plays with such an attitude and a high motor he really is fun to watch and is a rock solid backup to rotate in. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, really disappointed for Dane.  I'm a pretty big fan of his and have a lot of respect for a guy who can work his way all the way up from an UDFA from Montana State to a legitimate NFL LB.  He's a stud and I bet his drive will get him back and better than ever by next season.  I guess this will open the door for a guy like Tarpinian.  Let's hope this is our worst injury of the season!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This is a fairly bad injury considering Spikes inability to stay healthy. Tracy White is not the answer, he is a special teamer and tiny.  Carpenter is slated as an outside guy but I had him falling off the squad by the time preseason was done, he isn't the answer either.

We may sign a veteran castoff from another team after camp let's out, keep an eye out for a linebacker who may be a salary casualty. Start looking at teams that are linebacker heavy...?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

One of my favorites down for the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In Response to Re: Dane Fletcher Tears ACL:
    This is a fairly bad injury considering Spikes inability to stay healthy. Tracy White is not the answer, he is a special teamer and tiny.  Carpenter is slated as an outside guy but I had him falling off the squad by the time preseason was done, he isn't the answer either. We may sign a veteran castoff from another team after camp let's out, keep an eye out for a linebacker who may be a salary casualty. Start looking at teams that are linebacker heavy...?
    Posted by wozzy

Agree.  I respect White's special teams contributions, but he definitally isn't the answer at ILB.  If Spikes can get healthy and stay on the field, and that is a big if, then this injury won't be too significant.  Proabably a good idea to start looking around for a replacement, though...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

That's too bad, hopefully that will be the end of our injuries throughout this pre season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I thought Carpenter was making the team. Like rusty said its a deep position thank god.   You know someone is going to get hurt glad it wasn't Brady.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

This sucks. I was hoping he keeps developing like Ninkovich did. £$%$%

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bobby Carpenter is a roster lock.  Too bad for Dane, his trajectory was headed in the right direction.  Maybe a bubble guy squeaks in now.  Niko K, Tarpinian, someone...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Every time I watch a preseason game the one thing I want is no serious injuries.

_uck

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

This is too bad, but it's not something the Pats can't recover from.  There's sufficient depth at the position and Fletcher was likely to be more of a back up than a starter. I'm sort of hoping it's not too serious and he gets on the PUP list, though the chances are he's going to be on IR if it's an ACL tear.

Sections
Shortcuts