dane fletcher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: dane fletcher

Just signed a 1 yr deal to return.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The starting LBs looked woeful against the pass, either in zone or man. The sample size with Fletcher is small, though he did look promising and better than the starting three. The reason I think he stays is that he was excellent on special teams. I'm happy that the Pats just resigned him for 2013.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

I think if any LB group is asked to cover for 5+ seconds, they're going to look "woeful".

The complaints about coverage is overrated. Spikes has improved every year and he's their weakest coverrage LB. Hightower looked good as a rookie and Mayo is solid.

Again, if you aren't getting a push from a pass rush and a QB can sit back there all day, the LBs will eventually be beaten.  Our own offense does this a lot to other teams.

To RockScully: I have no quarrel with your comment about the pass rush. for most of the season it was non-existent. Hopefully we'll fix the pass rush first and then see whether complaints about LBs in coverage are legit. That and adding a solid safety to take Gregory's place will go a long ways to solve the most significant defensive issues.