Daniel Te'o-Nesheim

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

Daniel Te'o-Nesheim

A 6-foot-3-inch, 263-pound defensive end from the University of Washington. Considered a mid-round prospect, the native of Hawaii had 37 tackles (14 for a loss) and 11 sacks last fall for the Huskies. He is Washington's all-time leader in career sacks with 30. At the Combine in February, he recorded a 40-yard dash time of 4.73 seconds, which he improved to 4.63 seconds at his Pro Day last month. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Re: Daniel Te'o-Nesheim

i think he was in a for a visit so he's probably on the radar. i hope we dont pick him though because trying to remember how to spell his name on this discussion group could be a serious problem. thats why it will be good to draft every guy named tate...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In the spirit of Tully Banta-Cain (TBC), I officially proclaim that he be called DTN on this message board should be the Patriots draft him.

I think DTN would be a solid pickup as a developmental prospect for one of those outside linebacker spots.  In the meantime, he might be able to contribute as a pass rusher on 3rd down.  Good prospect to keep an eye on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One of many potential mid round picks,but in order to pick in the middle rounds you need draft choices in that area and the Patriots at present only have the front 4 picks in rounds 1&2 and one 4rth round pk. then it's off to the end of the draft for the Patriots. I know they would love to trade down once in the first round and then out garnering as many picks as possible on the way to multiple second round picks! Could you not envision BB trading down to 25 -27 picking up a 2nd and a 5th and then taking the pick at 25-27 and trading it out for a for 2 thirds this year and a 3rd next year,if that happens this draft will then start to shape up as a monster draft for the Patriots. I know other teams like too dream that they can wheel and deal but BB doesn't dream because he's been there and done that,so for him it's reality!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Especially if he's still there in the 3rd or 4th round, I'd take him.

Plus he was playing DE, so he can hold up at the point of attack and beat a blocker one-on-one in a pass rush situation.

I just wonder about him in coverage, but he'd still be a good value

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Daniel Te'o-Nesheim:
    Especially if he's still there in the 3rd or 4th round, I'd take him. Plus he was playing DE, so he can hold up at the point of attack and beat a blocker one-on-one in a pass rush situation. I just wonder about him in coverage, but he'd still be a good value
    Posted by NickC1188

I agree, I like him in Rd 4.  I also agree that the coverage piece is still a question, though he's said to have a good football IQ and showed great short area quickness in and out of his cuts as well as good lateral agility and explosion with his times in the 3 cone (6.91) and short shuttle (4.18) at the combine, which shows the potential is there to be effective operating in space/coverage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Pass rush: Varies his speed off the edge. Is able to gain the edge more often than you'd expect for only having marginal overall burst and acceleration. Quick, active hands and a good pass-rush repertoire, including a swim, rip and developing club move. Good overall strength for the bull rush. Cerebral pass rusher that recognizes the screen and will drop off to locate the receiver. Reads the quarterback's eyes and times his leaps in an effort to knock down passes at the line of scrimmage.

Run defense: Better strength than his size would indicate to hold up at the point of attack. Good lateral agility slip wide and the discipline to keep contain. Funnels the action back inside to his teammates. Good hustle laterally and downfield.

Explosion: Provides a good initial pop to shed blocks. Flashes some pop to knock the ballcarrier to the ground. Has a short area burst to gather momentum and explode into the ballcarrier. Can separate the ball from the ballcarrier.

Strength: Good pad level and overall strength for the bull rush and to maintain his position in the running game. Anchors well and has the strength and placement in his hands to stack and shed. Good catch and drag down tackler, able to latch on even when still fighting off the blocker.

Tackling: Effective wrap-up tackler that flashes some explosiveness as a hitter. Stalks the ballcarrier and shows good speed and better than expected agility to track him down. Good chase defender who hustles in pursuit.

Intangibles: Highly respected by fans, teammates and the coaching staff. Was a consistent recipient of hustle awards throughout his career - earning the Mark Drennan Defensive Scout Squad Player of the Year when redshirting in 2005 to earning the John P. Angel Defensive Lineman of the Year from 2007-09. Recognized as the Defensive MVP following the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Voted team captain in 2008 and 2009. Participated on the UW track and field team, throwing the shot put and discus and finishing 14th and 16th, respectively, at the 2006 Pac-10 Championships.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

i think he was in a for a visit so he's probably on the radar. i hope we dont pick him though because trying to remember how to spell his name on this discussion group could be a serious problem. thats why it will be good to draft every guy named tate...
    Posted by artielang

LOL. Now that would be confusing.

There are so many options in this year's draft . I just hope the players we pick translate to the pros.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

This guy is way of the radar. not a good pick:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-round-input:1/dt-by-position-input:dl

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

This guy is way of the radar. not a good pick: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-round-input:1/dt-by-position-input:dl
    Posted by kansaspatriot

nfl.com/draft grades him out at a 2. By comparison, Suh is 8.8.

This site has him ranked #45 out of 59 F=DTs in the draft. Not very impressive.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/front-office-total-access-projections.html&position=de&startrow=25

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

This guy is way of the radar. not a good pick: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-round-input:1/dt-by-position-input:dl
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Off the radar?  He is rising and now could be a 3rd round pick but sure a 4th.  He ended his career at Washington with 30 sacks.  He's already visited the Pats and could be a very good OLB and pass rusher.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Good production and great intangibles according to scouting report.  Pefect mid-round selection.  His actual production was much better then a lot of the guys slotted to go in 1st and 2nd round, he's just not a workout warrior.

Sections
Shortcuts