Danny Amendola question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Danny Amendola question

Was he offered more money to play somewhere else?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Danny Amendola question

I had heard that other than their own players, that when the Pats make an offer, if it is not accepted at the time offered, it is rescinded. It is not a standing offer that allows the player to "go shopping". So my opinion is that DA came here, was offered, and signed. Meaning no higher offer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Given the Rams didn't even come close to the Pats offer I think it might be fair to say the Pats paid him more then they needed to. Most likely they took Welkers deal added a couple years (because of age difference) and said we are getting one or the other at this price

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Given the Rams didn't even come close to the Pats offer I think it might be fair to say the Pats paid him more then they needed to. Most likely they took Welkers deal added a couple years (because of age difference) and said we are getting one or the other at this price

The Rams had no reason to offer Amendola a contract, they had their sights set on Tavon Austin.  The Rams were done with Amendola.

With the current situation at WR, I would have loved to have both Welker and Amendola on this team for this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

The Rams had no reason to offer Amendola a contract, they had their sights set on Tavon Austin.  The Rams were done with Amendola.

With the current situation at WR, I would have loved to have both Welker and Amendola on this team for this season.

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

why is it when everyone discusses how weak the Pats WR position appears to be, it is mentioned that TB will make the sitruation better, and that in 2006 he made mediocre WR's much better than they actually were. If thatis the case, why wouldnt TB be even better with DA, Gronk, Wes and Edelman to throw to? I dont buy the comment that TB focused only on Wes...this offense would be awesome with Gronk, Wes and DA and Edelman.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

why is it when everyone discusses how weak the Pats WR position appears to be, it is mentioned that TB will make the sitruation better, and that in 2006 he made mediocre WR's much better than they actually were. If thatis the case, why wouldnt TB be even better with DA, Gronk, Wes and Edelman to throw to? I dont buy the comment that TB focused only on Wes...this offense would be awesome with Gronk, Wes and DA and Edelman.

Some fans wear rose colored glasses.  I can't stand those type of fans that feel the team can do no wrong and every move they make is the greatest move ever.  I also can't stand those type of fans who once a good player leaves they say he wasn't that important to the team to begin with and they can find a equal or better replacement. 

Welker, Amendola, Edleman, Dobson, Boyce, Jenkins, 

Add in Gronk and Vereen out of the backfield my gosh the things Brady could do with this group.

It will be a great big bust if Amendola has another long term injury. 

I refer to those fans as having.....

Ostrich mentality

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Let me explain it. Too   many   big    drops.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Some fans wear rose colored glasses.  I can't stand those type of fans that feel the team can do no wrong and every move they make is the greatest move ever.  I also can't stand those type of fans who once a good player leaves they say he wasn't that important to the team to begin with and they can find a equal or better replacement. 

Add in Gronk and Vereen out of the backfield my gosh the things Brady could do with this group.

Ostrich mentality

I don't think anybody here ever accused me of wearing rose colored glasses.

I'm not concerned with Wes being gone.

I'm concerned whether we can run the ball when we need to, and whether the defense can get off the field.

If we do those two things successfully, we might well,   go    all    the    way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Ostrich mentality

I don't think anybody here ever accused me of wearing rose colored glasses.

I'm not concerned with Wes being gone.

I'm concerned whether we can run the ball when we need to, and whether the defense can get off the field.

If we do those two things successfully, we might well,   go    all    the    way.

Was someone accusing you now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

there is no on-the-field evidence that Amendola is worth his current contract with the Patriots. It's all a crap-shoot because he has no experience receiving passes from Brady and has no prior experience with the Patriot's Offensive playbook.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ostrich mentality

Agree. If Dobson and Boyce catch on, there will be no worries with the passing offense. We should be good. 

I think if bb could have a do over, he would have signed Wes especially given what happened with AH. 

I don't think Wes will be missed much IF, Edelman can stay healthy and play, ditto for amendola. Those are big ifs. We still need another perimeter threat to develop, this is why one of thompkins or Dobson or both are key. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I don't think Wes will be missed much IF, Edelman can stay healthy and play, ditto for amendola. Those are big ifs. We still need another perimeter threat to develop, this is why one of thompkins or Dobson or both are key. 

That's it.  If they can stay healthy and give the Pats a full season or at least 14 games plus the post season then I will be very, very happy with this.  If they can't do that then I don't like the move.  Of course we don't have a crystal ball to find out, but based on the past it is a risky chance and as of right now they can not afford to take risky chances, imo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Edelwoman and Slater are the only receivers who have actual experience with Brady.

Scary...lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

there is no on-the-field evidence that Amendola is worth his current contract with the Patriots. It's all a crap-shoot because he has no experience receiving passes from Brady and has no prior experience with the Patriot's Offensive playbook.

Gee, and Adrian Peterson has no experience running behind this O line so there is no reason to think he would be good here. 

Bottom line: talent is talent. DA has talent. He has proven it MANY times. He will be VERY good for as long as he is healthy. I can't predict injuries.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Edelwoman and Slater are the only receivers who have actual experience with Brady.

Scary...lol.

You can be dissatisfied with Edelman's inability to stay healthy but he is a warrior. He is willling to do anything the coaches ask. He was a college QB and yet he was aggressively playing D and using the best form tackling on the D. A QB and tackling hard and sound.

He is fearless and clearly has excellent football IQ. I too am disappointed in his injuries but if his body breaks down it is not from lack of courage. Your slight is misplaced or at least mistated.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I had heard that other than their own players, that when the Pats make an offer, if it is not accepted at the time offered, it is rescinded. It is not a standing offer that allows the player to "go shopping". So my opinion is that DA came here, was offered, and signed. Meaning no higher offer.

I would imagine that is most teams' policy, otherwise other teams see what your offers look like, how they're structured, etc. You'd have to be dumb to not do that as a GM.

As for Amendola being offer more, I don't think that is the case at all. I think NE sees him as a younger Welker, but with some perimeter contributions, i.e., when they go to 2 WR sets with no slot WR, Amendola doesn't come off, where Welker would.

Younger, knows McDaniels system, add it all up and 1 mil more than Welker in the market looks like a good, strong deal for both sides.

When Amendola puts up 100 catches, 7 or 8 TDs, can line up and be effective in the slot, as well as outside, no one will be saying 6 mil per is an overpayment.

IF Amendola plays 16 this year he will put similar numbers that welker has done for five straight years.  By default, he'll catch 100, with the way the Wr/Te situation looks now....that to me isnt going out on limb here about Amendola.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Ostrich mentality

right on tfb12!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

Scary...lol.

"Edelwoman" Is this the same guy that goes like a bat out of hell like his hair is on fire on punt returns, reverses, etc?

You're as bad as that tool TCal calling Ninkovich, "Dink".  You're like a couple of 12 year old dorks in middle school who think their little nicknames are funny, when they actually may you look like a tool.

Says Farmer Ted who uses the word "Dork".  I believe that word was popular amongst the elementary schoolers, for a 6 month period, circa 1993. lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I would imagine that is most teams' policy, otherwise other teams see what your offers look like, how they're structured, etc. You'd have to be dumb to not do that as a GM.

As for Amendola being offer more, I don't think that is the case at all. I think NE sees him as a younger Welker, but with some perimeter contributions, i.e., when they go to 2 WR sets with no slot WR, Amendola doesn't come off, where Welker would.

Younger, knows McDaniels system, add it all up and 1 mil more than Welker in the market looks like a good, strong deal for both sides.

When Amendola puts up 100 catches, 7 or 8 TDs, can line up and be effective in the slot, as well as outside, no one will be saying 6 mil per is an overpayment.

^^^So what you're saying is hopefully he will turn into what Wes gave us, but with a rather large question of durability and toughness.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm sure somebody is accusing me of something.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Also, if Welker blew out his leg in Week 2, maybe he'd be considered less durable than Amendola?

^^^^ Rusty's annual "good point". He only allows himself one each year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'm sure somebody is accusing me of something.

No disrepsect intended, of course, but I'm thinking that the odds are ever in your favor in that regard.

Sections
Shortcuts