Danny Amendola Signs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Danny Amendola Signs

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to GrantW's comment:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Lose one receiver, add another: Patriots reach agreement in principle on five-year deal with former Ram Danny Amendola, per league source.

Lose one receiver, add 1/3 a receiver.

Hahahaha!! Perfect!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

Other than being fragile, what do we know about Amendola?

I don't remember what season it was but in one of Pro Football Focus's article Amendola had the best hands rated. Least dropped balls per catchable passes or something like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Amendola is a downgrade over Welker.. that's not including his durability issues either

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I'd rather got shipley, but I bet Ras I  will be happy to have someone to hang out with on IR.

LOL LOL

BB love injury prone players !!!

But I hope you're wrong

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

I have watched a number of his games and he seems like a guy who cares and plays hard. My thought would be he has the mental makeup we will like as fans. 

per his wiki he is essentialy Wes Welker 5 years younger, same school, same position, punt returner, a bit faster combine times. He lead the league in all purpose yards in 2010 with 2,364

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

I don't remember what season it was but in one of Pro Football Focus's article Amendola had the best hands rated. Least dropped balls per catchable passes or something like that.

good, thats what i like to hear. a sure handed slot receiver is what we need now that wesley is gone.....amendola, gronk, hern, lloyd....is still a formiddable group of guys, not to mention ballard will be back, hooma is back, and vereen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

If he stays healthy he's a 100 catch guy with Brady, and is more of a down the field player than Welker. I do like it, but he needs to stay healthy. I would feel better if i knew Gronk, Hernandez and Edelman could play a full season...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Lol. 6.1 Mil. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Welka.

Nice, Res

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Baring injury, this is a good move long term. He might not be as great as Welker but he is a lot younger.

Josh obviously liked him when he was in St. Louis so I'm sure he will fit in here nicely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Is Amendola worth $6m/5 if WW is worth $5M/2?  Not so sure.  The WR corps got younger, but Amendola needs to stay healthy.  He may make us forget WW, or may be derided as an overpaid bust if he misses a lot of games.  Time will tell.    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Amendola is a downgrade over Welker.. that's not including his durability issues either

well you better hope

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to manowar333's comment:

Well, Amendola can play half of the season and Edelman can play half... hopefully they're not BOTH injured at the same time...  considering Amendola has only played in 12 games over the past two seasons, he's only averaging 6 games healthy per season, so we'll need 10 from Edelman.  That sounds like asking a lot from either to me.

Or when you do it over his ENTIRE career he averages 11 games a year 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

ESPN Stats & Info         ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo

New Patriots WR Danny Amendola has averaged 8.8 yards per reception since 2009. He's replacing Wes Welker, who averaged 11.4 in that span

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Only $10 mm is guaranteed.

I like it it .... get younger, but still get experience. DA is a better deep threat, faster than Welker.  We have other guys that are bigger who can do the dirty work between the hashes ... Best of Luck to WW though... one tough SOB!

BB is not done ... hope for a Talib signing and few new faces too yet.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

haha BB didnt waste any time

yeah, he'll do the same job Welker did.   Pats are not losers in this but neither are the Broncos.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Here is Amendola'a signing bonus....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to GadisRKO's comment:

Baring injury, this is a good move long term. He might not be as great as Welker but he is a lot younger.

Josh obviously liked him when he was in St. Louis so I'm sure he will fit in here nicely.

He played 1 game the year McD was in StL

But he can easily replace Wes if/as the team transitions to an offense that can actually WIN THE BIG GAMES

Just pray for health and that there is an out clause in the contract if he can't get on the field for like 75% of the games his first 2 years

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

my only issue

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

Great signing, he's bigger, 5'11", 188, younger @ 27 and faster 4.5 40 than Welker. Hope he stays healthy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if the pats somehow get another receiver, this signing will look even better

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Here is Amendola'a signing bonus....

Lol. Hang in there 12. Can't wait for the photoshop stuff of DA!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Yeah but time will tell. Sam Bradford isnt Brady so you never know. Maybe he thrives in this system and well have another star.

that is true. no telling how good a receiver will be when going from a sub-par QB to an elite one... i mean just look at Welker.. he was marginal in Miami and then one of the most dependable WRs once he hooked up with Brady.. I'm sure if he is healthy he can put up WW type numbers but i'm not sure if he actually can stay healthy.. i hope for the best though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I'll be interested to see how the numbers are spread over the years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to GrantW's comment:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Lose one receiver, add another: Patriots reach agreement in principle on five-year deal with former Ram Danny Amendola, per league source.

Lose one receiver, add 1/3 a receiver.

Hahahaha!! Perfect!! 

Just remember Welker wasnt Welker either when the Pats traded for him.  Pretty much everyone on here was like, WOW we gave up how many picks for some undrafted midget.....

Sections
Shortcuts