Danny Amendola Signs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Re: Danny Amendola Signs

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to GrantW's comment:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Lose one receiver, add another: Patriots reach agreement in principle on five-year deal with former Ram Danny Amendola, per league source.

Lose one receiver, add 1/3 a receiver.

Hahahaha!! Perfect!! 

I understand your respected in this forum but it seems to me your a Wes fan and not so much a pats fan..

I really mean no disrespect but dude, get over it. It's a great signing and I'm sure there will be more to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Josh has a habit of bringing in guys he's coached before . . . Lloyd, Salas, and now Amendola.  Hmmm . .. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Lose one receiver, add another: Patriots reach agreement in principle on five-year deal with former Ram Danny Amendola, per league source.

Hahahaha!! Perfect!! 

Just remember Welker wasnt Welker either when the Pats traded for him.  Pretty much everyone on here was like, WOW we gave up how many picks for some undrafted midget.....

Difference is Welker didn't have injury concerns.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

ESPN Stats & Info         ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo

New Patriots WR Danny Amendola has averaged 8.8 yards per reception since 2009. He's replacing Wes Welker, who averaged 11.4 in that span

Yea and what did Welker avg when Tom Brady wasnt throwing to him? and he wasnt in the highest scroing offense the last 5 years?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

New Patriots WR Danny Amendola has averaged 8.8 yards per reception since 2009. He's replacing Wes Welker, who averaged 11.4 in that span

Yea and what did Welker avg when Tom Brady wasnt throwing to him? and he wasnt in the highest scroing offense the last 5 years?

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Field Yates         Field Yates @FieldYates

When Amendola plays, he's productive: he led the NFL in all-purpose yardage in 2010 with 2,364.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I don't get it. They were willing to give $10MM guaranteed money to someone who

1) Has played only 10 games in the last two seasons, and

2) They have yet no way of knowing whether will have any chemistry with TB

$12MM for two years of almost certainly good numbers between TB and WW vs having to give away the $10MM over two years if Amendola does not work out. Interesting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Hahahaha!! Perfect!! 

Just remember Welker wasnt Welker either when the Pats traded for him.  Pretty much everyone on here was like, WOW we gave up how many picks for some undrafted midget.....

Difference is Welker didn't have injury concerns.

Really?  Welker blew out his knee.  Just happened to be the last game of the season or he would have missed a whole season as well.  As it is he missed the play-offs that year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Wes was/is on tough SOB... I'm not sold letting go was was great idea.  Time will tell but I do not have good feeling about DA's durability.  Now if BB has a brain farct and does something out of characeter and signs Greg Jennings then I'd feel a lot more confident.... yeah right!!!  Heck we get Stallworth and Branch.. we are all set.

Gotta say though that the Bronocs receiving corps looks scarry and is probably the best in the league with Manning pulling the trigger.   Manning has always had talanted recievers his whole career.... Brady not so much... and the beat goes on I guess. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Here is Amendola'a signing bonus....

What? No pic of Manning flicking a booga at Wes for his signing bonus? ;-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Amendola is a downgrade over Welker.. that's not including his durability issues either

Assuming Amendola can stay healthy, he's by all means an UPGRADE from Welker. More athletic, faster, longer arms, and has the ability to play outside the numbers.

Now health obviously is a tricky thing, but if he can stay healthy he's an upgrade from Welker both short-term and longterm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

No surprise because it made sense that if Wes were to leave, bring in Amendola. This was their second option if Wes was gone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

LOL very cute.  But lets but up all the stats to but that number in perspective:

2005 29 catches for 434 yards

2006 67 catches for 687 yards

OH and only 1 TD in those 2 years.  Far cry from avg over 100 catches and about 1,200 yards a year as he did with NE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

Amendola is a downgrade over Welker.. that's not including his durability issues either

Assuming Amendola can stay healthy, he's by all means an UPGRADE from Welker. More athletic, faster, longer arms, and has the ability to play outside the numbers.

Now health obviously is a tricky thing, but if he can stay healthy he's an upgrade from Welker both short-term and longterm.

Disagree. Outside of health, the biggest thing will be his chemistry with Brady

Ochocinco was more athletic, faster and had more big play ability than Deion Branch...who was more productive?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to millergrnv's comment:

No surprise because it made sense that if Wes were to leave, bring in Amendola. This was their second option if Wes was gone.

Not paying Welker 12 million for 2 years pretty much says to me Amendola was there first option.  They wanted to get younger.  Agree with it or not, Pats decided now was the time to part ways with Welker.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to millergrnv's comment:

Not paying Welker 12 million for 2 years pretty much says to me Amendola was there first option.  They wanted to get younger.  Agree with it or not, Pats decided now was the time to part ways with Welker.

+1

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to braunzy's comment:

If he stays healthy he's a 100 catch guy with Brady, and is more of a down the field player than Welker. I do like it, but he needs to stay healthy. I would feel better if i knew Gronk, Hernandez and Edelman could play a full season...

That's the thing. It's an awful big gamble to pay $10MM guaranteed money to a player who ahs not stayed healthy in the last two years. The patter suggests a great player who;s useless becasue he's always out.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

Not dumping on Wes. Great Pat, but who wasn't cursing his name after his last 2 most memorable drops....

I sure was... If he had made those catches you cant bet your a55 he would still be here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

Not dumping on Wes. Great Pat, but who wasn't cursing his name after his last 2 most memorable drops....

i remember specifically yelling "f##cking midget" after that drop this year...i wasnt as mad at his super bowl drop because it was a poor throw, i was still p.issed though obviously like everyone else.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts