Danny Amendola Signs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Re: Danny Amendola Signs

Hey, I absolutely loved WW. However, all good things must come to an end.

Although it's tough I like that BB acts maybe before it's to late and has a knack for doing whats best for the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

People got mad when Milloy got traded, people got mad when Law was gone, people got mad about Seymore and Adam V.   You forget bout them when their gone. I should write a song. I look at the Welker deal from a different angle.  When we lost all those guys they still had some talent, I wonder if BB speculates when their done physically. its when do you cash in your big chips.  Looks to me he uses them about 80%. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

People got mad when Milloy got traded, people got mad when Law was gone, people got mad about Seymore and Adam V.   You forget bout them when their gone. I should write a song. I look at the Welker deal from a different angle.  When we lost all those guys they still had some talent, I wonder if BB speculates when their done physically. its when do you cash in your big chips.  Looks about name he uses them about 80%. 

They replaced Milloy with Harrison (but took a couple years). Tell me who have they replaced Law and Seymour with?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

I understand your respected in this forum but it seems to me your a Wes fan and not so much a pats fan..

I really mean no disrespect but dude, get over it. It's a great signing and I'm sure there will be more to come.

Thanks!  First and foremost I am a Patriots fan... and a TFB fan!!  So much so that I have a Patriots fan site on tumblr dedicated to the Patriots.  Check it out at www.patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Being a fan and supporting this team gives me a right to voice my pleasure, displeasure and concerns.  Hey when they do something right I'm here giving them their props so I don't know why it is so frowned upon if I also voice my displeasure if I don't agree with something they do.  It's not like I'm a troll just here to bash.... far from it and I think many will agree that I help in the some smack talk and post smack picture week in and week out in support of this team. 

I'm not a new fan, I have seen the Pats make mistakes before and I have and will continue to voice my opinion when I don't agree with them as well as being on here praising them when the do something good.

My son has been an Amendola fan for several years, he has been bummed that he has been hurt the last couple years and always pegged him to eventually end up here.  So I'm sure I will share this enthusiasm with him and do some photoshopps of Amendalo throughout the year...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

People got mad when Milloy got traded, people got mad when Law was gone, people got mad about Seymore and Adam V.   You forget bout them when their gone. I should write a song. I look at the Welker deal from a different angle.  When we lost all those guys they still had some talent, I wonder if BB speculates when their done physically. its when do you cash in your big chips.  Looks about name he uses them about 80%. 

They replaced Milloy with Harrison (but took a couple years). Tell me who have they replaced Law and Seymour with?

Kyle Arrington and Kyle Love.  Is there a Kyle who plays receiver?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I knew Welker would never see anything better than the 16 million guaranteed and that offer last year.  His agent failed him badly and then his ego got bruised.  Welker made his choice and now a golden opportunity opens up for Amendola.

I wonder what the next move is?

How did his agent fail him?  He ended up with 21.5 million guaranteed over three years, rather than 16 million guaranteed over two. 

Breer said it was 12 million over 2 years. No?

Yeah, plus the 9.5 million he got under the franchise tag last year, which adds up to 21.5 over three years.  Essentially, Welker has another 5.5. million in guaranteed money for next year.  Could he have gotten a 5.5 million deal next year had he signed the Pats' two year 16 million deal last year?  Maybe.  But it's not certain.  For a receiver who didn't prove himself until his third contract, Welker is going to end up with pretty good guaranteed money over three years. I don't think his agent failed here. 

Ahh. Well, 16 million guaranteed in 2012 and 2013 is better than only 9.5 for 1 year. That was sort of my point. If he got hurt last year, who knows what his value would have been as a FA.

Yes, his agent failed him.  He might have gotten a 3 year deal at 6 or 7 mil if he just took his price down from the outrageous 10 million per rumors he was looking for when negotiations.  He wanted money.  Then he got less than what he thought he was worth.

It limited the bidding for him and he ended up being annoyed by NE's 5 mil per offer but happy with Denver's 6 mil per?

It was totally botched.

Last year, I thought he'd  be happy with 3 years, 7 million per year.  Essentially, that's what he ended up with, just in a round about way. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Uh, no, it didn't take a couple years.  Milloy and Harrison were in camp together.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well talib if they re-sign him, and chandler jones

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's only 10 million guaranteed. Look, Brady won't be leaning on Amendola like he did on Welker, which HELPS our offense balance itself out.

The offense won't be as pass heavy even with them investing in a Welker replacement. Still a passing league, but the Brady/Welker divorce I was in favor of.

I had no idea you were so obsessed with Welker like TFB12 is.

I let it get to me because I remember 06' and how will still haven't recovered from letting proven playes walk and trying to replace them with injury prone players. The only thing we know is Amendola hasn't played more the 3/4 of a season for over 2 years now and that we still have no clue if he'd fit this system. They paid more for someone proven to be less durable and is still an unknown. If that doesn't get you upset then you have blinders on.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

Hey, I absolutely loved WW. However, all good things must come to an end.

Although it's tough I like that BB acts maybe before it's to late and has a knack for doing whats best for the team.

Absolutely.  One of my buddies is absolutely devastated by Wes's departure but it's the nature of the business.  As a fan, it's easy to get attached to players so thankfully we aren't the GMs.  You can't mix feelings with business.  I loved Wes when he was here and appreciate what he did.  I wish him the best in Denver, except for when he plays the Pats.  However, he's gone now and hopefully Danny will help us to that elusive 4th ring

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I knew Welker would never see anything better than the 16 million guaranteed and that offer last year.  His agent failed him badly and then his ego got bruised.  Welker made his choice and now a golden opportunity opens up for Amendola.

Looks like Wes made out not accepting that offer last year.  $9.5 mill guaranteed, and now 12 million guaranteed.  3 years, $21.5 mill guaranteed when the Pats wanted to sign Welker to 2 years, $16 mill last season.  Welker go the better deal here.  Pats bring in Amendola and pay him $30.5 mill 5 seasons, $10 mill guaranteed and the Rams were offering him $4 mill per season!  Talk about overpaying!  I thought the Patriots were better at finding a players value then that!  And $10 mill guaranteed to an injury prone player???  Horrible. Is this all JMD in BB ear?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brady was a BETTER QB when Moss was dealt. Expect the same with Welker gone.

OMG!!  Do you seriously believe the crap you type?  Wow!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's only 10 million guaranteed. Look, Brady won't be leaning on Amendola like he did on Welker, which HELPS our offense balance itself out.

The offense won't be as pass heavy even with them investing in a Welker replacement. Still a passing league, but the Brady/Welker divorce I was in favor of.

I had no idea you were so obsessed with Welker like TFB12 is.

I let it get to me because I remember 06' and how will still haven't recovered from letting proven playes walk and trying to replace them with injury prone players. The only thing we know is Amendola hasn't played more the 3/4 of a season for over 2 years now and that we still have no clue if he'd fit this system. They paid more for someone proven to be less durable and is still an unknown. If that doesn't get you upset then you have blinders on.  

I'm neutral on this move at this point.  There are things I like about Amendola . . . a bit better measurables (size, speed), younger, decent performance in the past.  But you can't tell whether he'll have the same chemistry with Brady as Welker did and the same durability.  Welker, was also starting to show a bit less consistency with some drops, and he had his limits (not a good target when running downfield).  So we'll see.  Still think we need a perimeter receiver to complement Lloyd.  With Gronk, Hern, Lloyd, Amendola and another perimeter guy we have a nice set of receivers, I think. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Amendola's deal is actually more cap friendly than Welker's deal.

The 10Million guarantee only counts $2Mill per year. My guess is that they'll defer a lot of the other $21Mill salary toward the end of the contract.

This means that the cap hit of Amendola's contract will be about 1/2 of Welker's contract.

This allows us more cap space to get more players.

Great move IMHO.

Good info, thanks

I was saying this would be the strategy. Multiple players signed at "reasonable " prices competing for jobs. Expect at least 1 more wr then the run on db's. Dare I say (After the draft) we enter the pre season considerably deeper at those 2 positions then we have been the last 5 yrs..

Go ahead, dare!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

How did his agent fail him?  He ended up with 21.5 million guaranteed over three years, rather than 16 million guaranteed over two. 

Breer said it was 12 million over 2 years. No?

Yeah, plus the 9.5 million he got under the franchise tag last year, which adds up to 21.5 over three years.  Essentially, Welker has another 5.5. million in guaranteed money for next year.  Could he have gotten a 5.5 million deal next year had he signed the Pats' two year 16 million deal last year?  Maybe.  But it's not certain.  For a receiver who didn't prove himself until his third contract, Welker is going to end up with pretty good guaranteed money over three years. I don't think his agent failed here. 

Ahh. Well, 16 million guaranteed in 2012 and 2013 is better than only 9.5 for 1 year. That was sort of my point. If he got hurt last year, who knows what his value would have been as a FA.

Yes, his agent failed him.  He might have gotten a 3 year deal at 6 or 7 mil if he just took his price down from the outrageous 10 million per rumors he was looking for when negotiations.  He wanted money.  Then he got less than what he thought he was worth.

It limited the bidding for him and he ended up being annoyed by NE's 5 mil per offer but happy with Denver's 6 mil per?

It was totally botched.

Last year, I thought he'd  be happy with 3 years, 7 million per year.  Essentially, that's what he ended up with, just in a round about way. 

True, but I was under the impression, based on numerous reports that he wanted #1 WR money, which is 10 mil per.

I think this was more a situation where BB wanted Wes for 2012 and 2013 and the best offer Welker was going to see was 8 million and 16 million guaranteed.

He could have been a FA after 2013 and given it 1 more year here, though, which was his preference.

Whatever.  I almost feel bad for him if NE was to win a SB without him and Denver doesn't.

Good luck against an NFC team outdoors in windy NJ with Gomer in Feb, Wes.

I'm sure he wanted bigger money.  But that probably wasn't feasible last year or this.  Slots just don't get that kind of money.  Overall, I think he did pretty well, especially given the fact that he was working for his third contract.  Most guys make the big money with contract two.  By the time they get to the third contract they're getting old. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

People got mad when Milloy got traded, people got mad when Law was gone, people got mad about Seymore and Adam V.   You forget bout them when their gone. I should write a song. I look at the Welker deal from a different angle.  When we lost all those guys they still had some talent, I wonder if BB speculates when their done physically. its when do you cash in your big chips.  Looks to me he uses them about 80%. 

the havent come close to replacing law.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Brady was a BETTER QB when Moss was dealt. Expect the same with Welker gone.

OMG!!  Do you seriously believe the crap you type?  Wow!!

It's true, for that season.  Moss' last couple games in New England, when he went off his meds, Brady started trying to force the ball to him to keep him happy.  I remember seeing it happening before the trade, and getting worried.  The same game that Moss had the incredible 1-handed TD over Revis, Brady forced TWO other balls to him that ended up INTs.

I don't agree with Rusty's theory that Brady will be better without Welker, but he definitely was better in 2010 after Moss was traded.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts