Danny Amendola Signs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Danny Amendola Signs

In response to Brady2Amendola's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Well, if money and no SB is the "better" deal, then so be it. The rest of us will root for the team and realize it's about the team, not one guy who you apparently have an unhealthy man crush over.

Dude, as of right now I would take the Broncos over the Patriots in a championship game.  Heck, everyone here was cheering for the Ravens to beat Denver because they were afraid of Manning and the Broncos.  Now look at the teams... You really think the Pats just got better and the Broncos just got worse?  You living on fantasy island dude!!

I wouldn't. Their D blows. Who are their corners? Have you seen their Safeties?

Well Denver just signed DRC so their corners are Champ Bailey and DRC. Thats a pretty good group 

decent, but bailey is slow.....and their safeties are complete trash. we'll just have to wait and see if the broncos get another safety. pats still have some money to throw around too...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Out of curiosity, why Amendola over Edelman? I see two indentical players when I watch them play.

Thoughts on this?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Well, if money and no SB is the "better" deal, then so be it. The rest of us will root for the team and realize it's about the team, not one guy who you apparently have an unhealthy man crush over.

Dude, as of right now I would take the Broncos over the Patriots in a championship game.  Heck, everyone here was cheering for the Ravens to beat Denver because they were afraid of Manning and the Broncos.  Now look at the teams... You really think the Pats just got better and the Broncos just got worse?  You living on fantasy island dude!!

Scoring points in the playoffs wasnt denver's problem, thier defense was. What have they done so far to make it better?? Them signing welker gives them less cap space to sign players on D. And they are also reportedly going to cut one of their best players on D in Elvis Dummerville because they cant afford him. 

I guess the converse could be said about NE.  Scoring points was their problem, and they got rid of the player that helped open the field for them.  

Couple of things.  

1.  Sure Amendola is good, but is he as sturdy? 

2.  Wasn't Brandon Lloyd supposed to be the next great addition last year?  Wasn't he also a McDaniel pick?  Not saying there will be a corelation, but its possible.  

3.  Is there any guarantee that Amendola will pick up the offense as quickly and effectively as Welker?  I can't imagine, the nuances of the system that Brady and Welker knew inherently will be there in the first year.  

I am not sure this helps the pats, but its what the pats wanted.  BTW - wasn't everyone saying that Amendola was a poor man's welker - certainly not worth as much as Wes?  Didn't the pats just give him more than Wes?  How's that a good deal?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Scoring points in the playoffs wasnt denver's problem, thier defense was. What have they done so far to make it better?? Them signing welker gives them less cap space to sign players on D. And they are also reportedly going to cut one of their best players on D in Elvis Dummerville because they cant afford him. 

I guess the converse could be said about NE.  Scoring points was their problem, and they got rid of the player that helped open the field for them.  

Couple of things.  

2.  Wasn't Brandon Lloyd supposed to be the next great addition last year?  Wasn't he also a McDaniel pick?  Not saying there will be a corelation, but its possible.  

3.  Is there any guarantee that Amendola will pick up the offense as quickly and effectively as Welker?  I can't imagine, the nuances of the system that Brady and Welker knew inherently will be there in the first year.  

I am not sure this helps the pats, but its what the pats wanted.  BTW - wasn't everyone saying that Amendola was a poor man's welker - certainly not worth as much as Wes?  Didn't the pats just give him more than Wes?  How's that a good deal?

Evidentally the Patriots think he's a more valuable player than Welker at this point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wow all the hand wringing is too much... let's compare the two receivers before we jump off the cliff.

First 3 years (no Patriots, no Tom Brady):

Welker 96 receptions (1 TD), Amendola 133 receptions (4 TD's)

Welker 86 punt returns (9.9 avg.) 0 TD's, Amendola 72 punt returns (11.3 avg.) 0 TD's

Welker 122 kick returns (22.9 avg.) 1 TD, Amendola 116 returns (23.8 avg.) 0 TD's

Amendola missed last season with injury, Welker didn't play at all his rookie season except for kick and punt returns (which explains the disparity in the amount of returns between the two) so I removed Wes's third season of returns (worse than his first two) which makes this comparison more than then fair because it made his averages jump.

The Dolphins were at least respectable when Welker was there, the Rams were the worst team in the NFL.  What this tells us is that while both players are very similar, Amendola was more of a possession receiver than Wes Welker his first three seasons, he was more explosive in both the kick and punt return game and that's saying a lot, plus he scored more.  

This was a good move, granted like any other signing Danny could get injured and we'll have people saying what a bad move it was, but what if the opposite happens and Wes gets hurt in his advanced age, then BB is a genius again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Brady2Amendola's comment:

Well Denver just signed DRC so their corners are Champ Bailey and DRC. Thats a pretty good group 

Welcome to the board!  And you are correct, the Broncos keep improving.  What's the Pats next move?  Need some more help on this team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Wow all the hand wringing is too much... let's compare the two receivers before we jump off the cliff.

Welker 86 punt returns (9.9 avg.) 0 TD's, Amendola 72 punt returns (11.3 avg.) 0 TD's

Welker 122 kick returns (22.9 avg.) 1 TD, Amendola 116 returns (23.8 avg.) 0 TD's

Amendola missed last season with injury, Welker didn't play at all his rookie season except for kick and punt returns (which explains the disparity in the amount of returns between the two) so I removed Wes's third season of returns, which was worse than his first two, which makes this comparison more than then fair because it made his averages jump.

The Dolphins were at least respectable when Welker was there, the Rams were the worst team in the NFL.  What this tells us is that while both players are very similar, Amendola was more of a possession receiver than Wes Welker his first three seasons, he was more explosive in both the kick and punt return game and that's saying a lot, plus he scored more.  

This was a good move, granted like any other signing Danny could get injured and we'll have people saying what a bad move it was, but what if the opposite happens and Wes gets hurt in his advanced age, then BB is a genius again.

I don't see much reason in comparing their first 3 year on the NFL.  That was a long time ago.  This is a what have you done for me lately league.  Amendola hasn't done much as he has been hurt the last two years in a row and Welker..Well, his numbers are pretty amazing.  Durability is a big key in the slot position, Amendola's durability bothers me more then Welkers age.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Out of curiosity, why Amendola over Edelman? I see two indentical players when I watch them play.

Thoughts on this?

Man, if you are seeing two identical players when watching Amendola and Edelman then we are in more trouble then I thought.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Couple of things.  

Evidentally the Patriots think he's a more valuable player than Welker at this point.

Evidently.  But no one else here did. 

So, does that mean eveyone here who is a bb b washer is swallowing their pride about the their own opinion or their opinion of the pats negotiating acumen, or do you just apply amnesia and pleasantly walk away?  Soma anyone?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

what has wes done for us lately?

well he showed us who anna welker was, thats about as good as any contribution he ever made on a football field ^^

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I don't see much reason in comparing their first 3 year on the NFL.  That was a long time ago.  This is a what have you done for me lately league.  Amendola hasn't done much as he has been hurt the last two years in a row and Welker..Well, his numbers are pretty amazing.  Durability is a big key in the slot position, Amendola's durability bothers me more then Welkers age.

Examining what both players did pre-Tom Brady is telling and gives us a picture of where they stand alone on mediocre teams.  

TFB12 I love you buddy but to say you're semi biased on anything pertaining to Welker would be an understatement.  I'll always appreciate what Welker did here, but on any other team is he just another slot receiver.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Amendola missed last season with injury, Welker didn't play at all his rookie season except for kick and punt returns (which explains the disparity in the amount of returns between the two) so I removed Wes's third season of returns, which was worse than his first two, which makes this comparison more than then fair because it made his averages jump.

Bro, I don't think you realize what he's trying to say.  He's basically emphasizing how much Brady did for Wes's career, and banking on similar results with Danny considering they had similar careers prior to coming to NE.  Do you really think Danny is only going to put up the numbers he did with STL, now with Brady throwing him the ball?  Did you think Wes was going to put up the numbers he did prior to coming to NE?  Look at it in a different context than just comparing past seasons of Danny and Wes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Lloyd was so good he's essentially earned a ticket out of town.  

The question isn't whether Welker will be better elsewhere, but whether he will be good enough?  I'd imagine he'll be quite an upgrade over Brandon Stokely, who at 36, and after essentially a year off managed 45 catches.  

The other question is will the pats be better off without him?  

Also, how do you square that the pats paid Amendola more than Welker got?  It's been common knowledge on this board that Amendola isn't as good as Welker and is injury prone.  Why would the pats pay more if Amendola wasn't better?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Examining what both players did pre-Tom Brady is telling and gives us a picture of where they stand alone on mediocre teams.  

TFB12 I love you buddy but to say you're semi biased on anything pertaining to Welker would be an understatement.  I'll always appreciate what Welker did here, but on any other team is he just another slot receiver.

Sorry for duplicating your response, Woz.  You must have posted it as I was responding to TFB.  I'm with you 100% and I bet good ole TFB will come to eventually.  

We have had similar reactions with the departures of Milloy, Law, Seymour, Moss, etc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

not just another slot receiver, he can ball....but you are right, brady has made even the worst of receivers, look like productive players and even all-stars. i do think wes will succeed with denver, but thats one of the only few places i believe he could put up anywhere near the type of numbers that he did with the pats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

The question isn't whether Welker will be better elsewhere, but whether he will be good enough?  I'd imagine he'll be quite an upgrade over Brandon Stokely, who at 36, and after essentially a year off managed 45 catches.  

Also, how do you square that the pats paid Amendola more than Welker got?  It's been common knowledge on this board that Amendola isn't as good as Welker and is injury prone.  Why would the pats pay more if Amendola wasn't better?  

Really?  You have connections with Bill?  Enlighten us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thanks, dude.  I get it.  But look what Welker did with Matt Cassel as QB. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

They paid Amendola more then Welker because hes younger and has potential to do what Wes did for us. Amendola wasnt as good as Wes with Sam Bradford throwing him the ball but we all know theres a HUGE difference between Brady and Bradford

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Bro, I don't think you realize what he's trying to say.  He's basically emphasizing how much Brady did for Wes's career, and banking on similar results with Danny considering they had similar careers prior to coming to NE.  Do you really think Danny is only going to put up the numbers he did with STL, now with Brady throwing him the ball?  Did you think Wes was going to put up the numbers he did prior to coming to NE?  Look at it in a different context than just comparing past seasons of Danny and Wes.

I know, TFB is great, huge fan here as you all know.  But to give all the credit to Welkers success to TFB is pretty ignorant.  While Welker didn't make TFB you gotta admit Welker helped a lot.  Welker wasn't a system player here, he helped creat the system here with TFB.