Danny and the Kids

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Danny and the Kids

I may not agree with the national media but they are entitled to their opinion.  ESPN is pointing out that the Patriots don't have Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez or Rob Gronkowski.  Instead they have the often-injured Danny Amendola, a rookie in Dobson, a rookie in Boyce, an undrafted rookie in KT and an undrafted rookie in Suds.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9638571&ex_cid=espnapi_public

Tough questions:  if you think this group is the equal of last year's group, how did the Patriots front office ever pull this one off?  If you don't think this group is up to snuff, how big is the dropoff in week 1 and how big will the dropoff be in January as the kids mature a bit?

(I'll see if I can add a picture later.  Boston.com is flakey.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Danny and the Kids

Tom Brady put in the effort to work with Danny and the Kids all summer until now. I think they are more than ready. I can't wait to find out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

I may not agree with the national media but they are entitled to their opinion.  ESPN is pointing out that the Patriots don't have Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez or Rob Gronkowski.  Instead they have the often-injured Danny Amendola, a rookie in Dobson, a rookie in Boyce, an undrafted rookie in KT and an undrafted rookie in Suds.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9638571&ex_cid=espnapi_public

Tough questions:  if you think this group is the equal of last year's group, how did the Patriots front office ever pull this one off?  If you don't think this group is up to snuff, how big is the dropoff in week 1 and how big will the dropoff be in January as the kids mature a bit?

(I'll see if I can add a picture later.  Boston.com is flakey.)

Gotta give them until Thanksgiving. I really think they will improve week to week and I'm looking forward to watching their progress.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I'd say it will take about 4 games for the rooks to really get in stride.  Nothing teachs like game speed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Good points. I think this years group has the potential to be better than last years group. Hopefully the growing pains will be in September and not Jan/Feb.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I could play with Brady and look good.  He made players out of guys like givens, Gaffney, etc... So have faith in Brady the coach, leader, communicator, and competitor.

No worries about these guys.  Its like the old days with troy brown and a bunch of nobodies.  I love it. 

Next question...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

I could play with Brady and look good.  He made players out of guys like givens, Gaffney, etc... So have faith in Brady the coach, leader, communicator, and competitor.

No worries about these guys.  Its like the old days with troy brown and a bunch of nobodies.  I love it. 

Next question...

I agree.  I think the Pat's passing game is more about the passing and protection than about catching.  Brady doesn't just throw it into coverage hoping the receiver makes a play.  He hits the open man and he doesn't hold the ball.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

You can't help but be as good as last years group of WRs.  Even with the rookies I think we expect more this year.  The TE is a drop off for sure.  Hernandez was very versitile.  Then you have the history of Amendola.  So there are truths here that can't be ignored.  The one major intangible is Brady.  He makes things happen.  Some of these kids are going to have a real good year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

As long as Tom Brady doesn't try to pull the first quarter against The Buccs, the Pats should be just fine. Just find the open man. 

Kenbrell should do fine from week one, Dobson will take a few weeks(maybe even till week 8) before we see him for what he is. Even then, Dobson won't be at his best until next year after he adds some much needed muscle to his frame. Boyce should be used in the slot as the Victor Cruz type WR. I want to see screens/sluggo routes for him. 

New England will be fine, we only really had Welker and Gronk last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

There.  boston.com's software fought me for a long time!

Another source:  buffalonews.com did a piece on Brady and assumed that he currently has no receiver of note.  None were mentioned.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

There.  boston.com's software fought me for a long time!

Another source:  buffalonews.com did a piece on Brady and assumed that he currently has no receiver of note.  None were mentioned.

LOL at the first aid kit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

And the New season of Friends starts tomorrow!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

This story has the makings of patriot lore long after Brady retires. An oft injured WR coupled with rooks, 2 of which are UDFAs, and Brady worked his magic. 

As I said on another post, this young group will only get better as the season goes on so long as they stay healthy. Gronk will return at just the right time. When he does, this offense kicks in to another level. he being on the field will improve the entire offense. Gronk is the 2nd best weapon we have on offense after Brady. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

And the New season of Friends starts tomorrow!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

You da' man! Nice work.

can I enlist your services for my upcoming 4,000 post? Lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

This story has the makings of patriot lore long after Brady retires. An oft injured WR coupled with rooks, 2 of which are UDFAs, and Brady worked his magic. 

As I said on another post, this young group will only get better as the season goes on so long as they stay healthy. Gronk will return at just the right time. When he does, this offense kicks in to another level. he being on the field will improve the entire offense. Gronk is the 2nd best weapon we have on offense after Brady. 

Remember when Manning won the MVP even though Bree's had better numbers in 2010 for that same reason according to the writers? I wonder if Tom would get that same kind of respect even though they've already crowned Peyton as the MVP and The Broncos as a 19-0 champions. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You da' man! Nice work.

can I enlist your services for my upcoming 4,000 post? Lol

Thanks, dude!  4,000 post.. sure.  Post your idea here or send me a message on here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

the best old brady play

thow it to the open man

if these kids get open they will be good

first test aginst lesser teams

next test against Revis and company

then progression thru the season

I cannot wait

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I want to give the kids due credit.  They're all open!  Also, they catch the ball better than Wes Welker.  The scouting department has fingered all sorts of high draft choices before, but they weren't getting open so they didn't see the field. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Where were we going with the old folk's home we had the past few years... no where.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Well in today's NFL, they market names a lot more. Stats are king. I hope that all the tools are used cause we finally may have them. A hi % going to a  few players is not good, too predictable, the only one that will be different is Gronk. bb has always known this, but getting them is not easy

I root for TB the same way I rooted for Bird. and I root for every player to do well, I feel sorry for those players who gave it there all and didn't quite make it, I feel a different sorrow for those who had the chance and screwed it up

i have to admit I get excited by new potential stars,

as john wooden said - Id rather have those with talent than those with just experience

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Tom Brady put in the effort to work with Danny and the Kids all summer until now. I think they are more than ready. I can't wait to find out.

This - We'll see for game 1.  As the season progresses, like so many others have said, I suspect we'll improvement.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]

This - We'll see for game 1.  As the season progresses, like so many others have said, I suspect we'll improvement.

[/QUOTE]

This is not relevant according to most NFL prognosticators and some here on this board. According to those people there is no need to play the season out. The Broncos have already been crowned AFC champs.

For those of us who understand the NFL season is a work in progress and  battle against attrition for most teams... the development of the Pat's  rookie WR's will be very enjoyable to observe over the course of 16 games and the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

[QUOTE]

Well in today's NFL, they market names a lot more. Stats are king. I hope that all the tools are used cause we finally may have them. A hi % going to a  few players is not good, too predictable, the only one that will be different is Gronk. bb has always known this, but getting them is not easy

I root for TB the same way I rooted for Bird. and I root for every player to do well, I feel sorry for those players who gave it there all and didn't quite make it, I feel a different sorrow for those who had the chance and screwed it up

i have to admit I get excited by new potential stars,

as john wooden said - Id rather have those with talent than those with just experience

True, but experience also does count. One thing I noticed is how the "kids" played in a very mature kind of way, so to speak.  

They didn't appear to be overwhelmed in preseason, especially Thompkins.

I will laugh my balls off if all 3 put really good, balanced numbers. And Sudfeld, for that matter.

[/QUOTE]

Yes and that is why I have hope but not blind faith

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

Remember when Manning won the MVP even though Bree's had better numbers in 2010 for that same reason according to the writers? I wonder if Tom would get that same kind of respect even though they've already crowned Peyton as the MVP and The Broncos as a 19-0 champions. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and Tom won't. Manning is the media darling and thus they look for any and every way to prop him up. I don't care if tommy gets and MVP and neither does he. As long as we wil the SB I think we would all be content.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Rooting for TB to win another SB is the same as rooting for the Pats to win another SB

Rooting for Bird to win more championships than magic was the same as rooting ot the celtis

The only problem one could have in rooting for TB to get another SB is if he went to another team and was against the Pats. it is AOk to root for a player you like. if the Pats win and TB doesn't play well. It donatter after. He and the Pats will have won another SB

pats Fan lost in Jet Land

Sections
Shortcuts