Danny Coale. Late round pick mini wes welker!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Danny Coale. Late round pick mini wes welker!!

Another late round wide receiver who was subtly impressive was Virginia Tech Danny Coale. He ran a 40-yard dash in 4.50 seconds and looked good in the field drills. Coale did not have big production in college, but he has the capacity to be a valuable player to have on the roster. Coale (6-0, 201) can serve as a contributor in the slot and should be an excellent special-teams weapon. He is a sleeper prospect for the final day of the 2012 NFL Draft. 

reminds me of wes welker but a faster version, 
    and can compete with edelman for 4-5 WR spot , 
    with BB tendency to trade down we will surely have 5 or 6 round pick 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

Re: Danny Coale. Late round pick mini wes welker!!

The middle of the field is covered fine now with the slot receivers and tight ends. They need wide receivers who can learn the offense & stretch the field...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I watched Danny a lot over the past 4 years and love his grit and determination. However, why does everybody feel the need to compare a good receiver who is white to Wes? They are totally different players. Believe it or not, Danny lines up outside a lot more than he does in the slot. He does stretch the field. He's also 6'0 compared to Welker's 5'9 stature.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Every white wide receiver in college becomes "Wes Welker-like".  I remember a few years ago, there was some white receiver who was blazing fast and had horrible football skills: route running, hands, and feel for the game.  Literally the opposite of Welker.  An actual NFL head coach said that he could become their Wes Welker.  Needless to say the guy never made the league and I can't even remember his name.  Its kind of funny and kind of sad how every single white receiver gets Wes Welker's name put into their scouting report.

Not trying to jump on the OP about Coale, for all I know he could be a Welker clone.  Just a general observation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Everytime I see a WR compared to Wes Welker I ignore it because I know they don't mean talent wise, I know they mean the guy is short and white...like Wes Welker. -_-

What a surprise, Danny Coale is a white WR. -_-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Coale. Late round pick mini wes welker!!:
    Every white wide receiver in college becomes "Wes Welker-like".  I remember a few years ago, there was some white receiver who was blazing fast and had horrible football skills: route running, hands, and feel for the game.  Literally the opposite of Welker.  An actual NFL head coach said that he could become their Wes Welker.  Needless to say the guy never made the league and I can't even remember his name.  Its kind of funny and kind of sad how every single white receiver gets Wes Welker's name put into their scouting report. Not trying to jump on the OP about Coale, for all I know he could be a Welker clone.  Just a general observation.
    Posted by pyegian

Jordan Shipley and Marvin Lewis. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Not Every white Reciever
    He has some speed but he's skill set form watching 
    his games and the combine 
    remindes me of welker who has so breaking speed when he runs 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Shipley maybe is a bigger Welker. I'd take him in a heart beat to play on the Pats.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

no more small WRs, CBs and S

Sections
Shortcuts