Danny Woodhead - Yards Per Carry........ what is going on here.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Danny Woodhead - Yards Per Carry........ what is going on here.

For atleast 50 run attempts this season, the YPC tables are.

1. M. Vick 6.8
    2. J. Charles 6.1
    3. D. Woodhead 5.6
    4. A. Foster 5.2
    5. D. McFadden 5.2
    6. B. Jacobs 5.0
    7. L. McCoy 5.0
    8. T. Hightower 4.8
    9. C. Ivory 4.8
    10. A. Bradshaw 4.7
    11. A. Peterson 4.6
    12. P. Hillis 4.5
    13. C. Johnson 4.5
    14. M. Tolbert 4.5
    15. L. Tomlinson 4.5.

How is Woodhead ranked so high? I am sure teams gameplan for everyone else listed on this list, but noone gameplans for Woodhead. Is that why he's so high?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Danny Woodhead - Yards Per Carry........ what is going on here.

because he is a change of pace 3rd down draw type of RB. He see's more defenses setup to prevent passes or setup to blitz which gives him a huge adavantage with his quick movements and lower center of gravity allowing him to bounce off the initial contact and get into the next level. Not to mention a little QB named Brady, if you T off Woodhead running the ball and instead he stays in protection Brady will have all day to pick you a part

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Because most 3rd down backs really feed off of how good the QB is playing. Danny is legit in the open field, but you need a QB who forces the defenders back so he can get there, in order to make those long runs.

Danny is the man, though. Because not anyone can just  come in the game and rip off plays like that. He reminds me of Faulk, but faster.

He is going to end up with something close to 925 all purpose yards and about 7 TDS by season's end. That is as a part time back, which is really half time in NE's offense. As the other half time back, BJGE's near 100 all purpose yards only add to that. As a pure running team, NE is average, but as  an overall contribution from the runners team, they are above average.

Very, very good. I feel really good about the RB combo. They aren't the best in the NFL at anything, but they both bring something to the table, and have very few weak points. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's because he's hard to see, keeps a lower center of gravity due to his height, balance and large legs, and can block. And catch.

If he didn't have these two latter feathers in his cap, he'd be easier to stop.

This is why Faulk is also effective. Low center of gravity, hard to tackle, can catch and block.

D's have no idea why Woodhead is on the field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Agreed, we might be seeing Faulks replacement. I love Faulk but if D.W. can do this type of stuff in the playoffs in crunch time 4th and 2 for the win type of thing then we might just be seeing the future now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EF. Show EF's posts

I dont see hin as a third down back but more of a situational back.  I have not seen the numbers on what down he plays but he seems to be in on most passing plays.  He is an underated bitz pickup guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Yeah, this stat is skewed....he's not an every down back like most of the other guys you listed...he's more 3rd down & screen type guy....his playing time & use in the offense play to that stat...still a great stat but very skewed in the scheme of things...

Woody is a great addition to the type of offense the Patriots now run & I hope he gets locked up into a 5-6 year contract to become our new Kevin Faulk...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's not skewed.  The list included all. Vick is not an every down back. Nor his Hightower or McCoy.

Skewed isn't the right word. It's rushing efficiency and Woodhead is always produ cing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I've been writing this from the first minutes I saw him; he makes pro players miss him in such a way that it looks like the college game; very few pro backs can do that.  Hoping for a break out game in Detroit and more Barry Sanders comparisons --  not completly innacurate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

We can TX. the JETS 4 WAVING this kid. He single handedly won 3 or 4 games 4 us this yr. Kraft better not B cheap and give this PLAYMAKER what he deserves!!!! (6 yr. deal)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Coach BB uses him very smartly in situational football. he puts him in great position to succeed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Woodhead - Yards Per Carry........ what is going on here.:
    [QUOTE]It's not skewed.  The list included all. Vick is not an every down back. Nor his Hightower or McCoy. Skewed isn't the right word. It's rushing efficiency and Woodhead is always produ cing.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

How is LeSean McCoy not an every down back? He takes over 85% of his offenses snaps thats why they had to get Jerome Harrison via trade because Mike Bell was so bad in their offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

They only put Danny Woodhead in when they need 5 or more yards on third down, and so nobody ever plays to stop him with only a 2 yard gain.  If it's third and 10 and Woodhead only gains 7 yards, the other side rejoices.

In the Belichick system they have to run the draw play sometimes on third and long, so Woodhead gets his chances.  To be fair, Woodhead gets more chances because he often as not succeeds. 

I often note that tiny players tend to get injured, even 200 pounders.  One exception: both good technique and elusiveness helps to keep people off of the IR list and Wes Welker is a great teacher of technique.  However, If I were BB I would think about taking Danny Woodhead off of special teams because there's no one backing Woodhead up and the guy is important on third and long. 

Sections
Shortcuts