Dansby Paying Off For 'Fins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Re: Dansby Paying Off For 'Fins

Fish have played a punchless Bills team and a reeling Vikes offense.  Not sure their the 85 Bears yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Dansby Paying Off For 'Fins:
    3713 posts get a girlfriend loser
    Posted by lawboy

The guy who calls himself "lawboy"with a picture of a kid dressed up like a lawyer telling someone to get a life is just superbly ironic.

Are you Captain Justice's sidekick?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawboy. Show lawboy's posts

And you my friend are the ageless wonder with the most unimaginative avatar on the board. 2962 posts get outside and do something with your life loser.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey I'm not sure I'd fork over that kind of dough for a guy like that, but I love the way the fins and Parcells are aggressive in acquiring talent and guys that can actually start in this league. They nailed it last year with a good shut down corner in the first, traded for Marshall and now the linebacker. I'm sure they are not all going to hit it out of the park, but I like their philosophy in getting the players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

3713 posts get a girlfriend loser
    Posted by lawboy

and you're still looking for one with less than 100.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Fish have played a punchless Bills team and a reeling Vikes offense.  Not sure their the 85 Bears yet.
    Posted by BSII

but better than the Pats unless you have proof of that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

We had to get deals with Wilfork and Bodden done first, by then Dansby was already locked up for about 10,750,000 per year. Good work fins, honestly I dont care. Why would we have needed him? We got Spikes and Mayo and Guyton oh and McKenzie. Would he have made our D more solid? Sure but at that price, it would not have been too much of an upgrade.

I think the fins defensive success so far has been because their opponents have had inept offenses. Bills are garbage while the Vikes looked bad because of Farve and his innability to get his WR's the ball. Remember, Peterson had well over 100 yards against this fins D.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

We had to get deals with Wilfork and Bodden done first, by then Dansby was already locked up for about 10,750,000 per year. Good work fins, honestly I dont care. Why would we have needed him? We got Spikes and Mayo and Guyton oh and McKenzie.

RESPONSE: Why would the Pats need him? McKenzie is a bust, Guyton is a reserve, Spikes is a rookie, and Mayo is a good, not great, player. None of these guys is a leader. Technique can be coached, and schemes can be set up which take advantage of a players' best attributes. But intangibles such as heart, handling adversity, toughness, and competitiveness can't be taught.
         Don't buy this "young defense" excuse. Miami has a "young defense" too...but they're playing well. The Pats' "D" has some talent, but isn't getting it done...as they seem to lack the aforementioned intangibles.

Would he have made our D more solid?

RESPONSE: Absolutely.

Sure but at that price, it would not have been too much of an upgrade.

RESPONSE: The defensive players on this team lack the intangiables spoken of above. Dansby has those intangibles. Who is the Pats' defensive leader?  

I think the fins defensive success so far has been because their opponents have had inept offenses. Bills are garbage while the Vikes looked bad because of Farve and his innability to get his WR's the ball. Remember, Peterson had well over 100 yards against this fins D.

RESPONSE: Let me remind you that both of Miami's wins were on the road. In both games, the 'Fins' "D" made key stops late to preserve those wins. When is the last time a Patriots' defense has done that?  
    Posted by GadisRKO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Dansby was a great addition for the Phins. He didn't make much sense for us or the Jets. Both teams should be happy with their starting ILBs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Is there any player on another team you wouldn't want. 

The guy is good but nothing super special.  He had one sack last season, lots of tackles, like 25th in the NFL.  Heck, Mayo had a better year and he looked off.  He's never been to a Pro Bowl.  And all that would be fine except for 2 things.  Dansby signed the richest contract in NFL history for an ILB, and the Pats don't need an ILB.  It's probably the position they are deepest at. 

Considering the Pats already spent over 130 million on their roster this year, keeping close to last years cap like most other teams (So they're not f*cked if there's a cap next year), I would say that to pick up Dansby they would probably have had to drop Wilfork or Bodden.  It's a good move for the Dolphins, but makes no sense for the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts