Dante Scarnecchia on DC this morning said BB was the best coach he has ever known.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Dante Scarnecchia on DC this morning said BB was the best coach he has ever known.

Caught the audio on his interview on WEEI this morning. When he was asked on the D&C show where he would place BB in all of the coaches he worked for in his thirty plus something career with the patriots he said he was the best he ever worked for. Somehow I would take his opinion over these whine as$ in the media!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Dante Scarnecchia on DC this morning said BB was the best coach he has ever known.

People on the "inside" know a heck of a lot more than the media, and some posters here, who are outside "looking in".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Dante Scarnecchia on DC this morning said BB was the best coach he has ever known.

I'd agree BB is the best coach ever. I mean look at the talent he had to work with this year and how far he got. Most teams would fall apart if they had to count on the likes of Vellano, Chris Jones, Gregory, T. Wilson, Mulligan, practically the entire WR core. Imagine what he could do with some real talent to work with instead of getting 105% from the average joe players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Smart enough to say the right thing.  Actions speak louder than words...  see ya.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

On eof the legendary institutions of the Patriot Franchise, Dante Scarnecchia, tells the truth about Bellicheck.

That holds a lot more weight than any opinion of the media or fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Christian Furia was on one of those shows today as well and he was saying some interesting stuff as well. At least to me, I hadn't heard it before but maybe the stories were out there already.

He was saying the year he went to the Redskins after winning a couple with the Pats that he was sat down in a conference room  for more than an hour and grilled by Joe Gibbs and other coaches and personnel people about everything they could think of on how the Patriots did things.

Not so much X's and O's trade secret things but just organizationally, and effienceicy wise, when they did this and how long they do that, etc. etc. Meeetings, Practices, training, etc.

He said his excitement quickly faded and he was thinking these guys don't know what the heck they are doing.

I assume it is something similar to the sentiment that prompted Talibs comments about finally joining the NFL this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Imagine what he could do with some real talent to work with instead of getting 105% from the average joe players."

Bingo. :) 

BB is the best NFL coach of his era and by a wide margin. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Christian Furia was on one of those shows today as well and he was saying some interesting stuff as well. At least to me, I hadn't heard it before but maybe the stories were out there already.

He was saying the year he went to the Redskins after winning a couple with the Pats that he was sat down in a conference room  for more than an hour and grilled by Joe Gibbs and other coaches and personnel people about everything they could think of on how the Patriots did things.

Not so much X's and O's trade secret things but just organizationally, and effienceicy wise, when they did this and how long they do that, etc. etc. Meeetings, Practices, training, etc.

He said his excitement quickly faded and he was thinking these guys don't know what the heck they are doing.

I assume it is something similar to the sentiment that prompted Talibs comments about finally joining the NFL this season.

[/QUOTE]

I really enjoy Fauria. Smart guy. Speaks reasonably well. Knows the game inside and out. Great insight of course as to what the TE's are doing, or supposed to be doing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Notice Dante didn't mention his GM work.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

" Imagine what he could do with some real talent to work with instead of getting 105% from the average joe players."

[/QUOTE]

This is the conundrum the imbecile Rusty always faces. He admits BB gets more out of players as a coach, and if he was the greatest GM of all-time then that combo would nearly assure a Lombardi every couple years.

So he tries to use the Brady is a failure tactic to explain the lack of results for his superlative rating of BB in both aspects. But even that contradicts itself, because if BB was the great coach/gm Rusty claims then he would have cut a choker that was the cause of the fails.

So Rusty's just a big fat liar and an imbecile.

But the kool-aide guzzlers are just as bad. They say it's a great coach/gm/qb combo yet have not a single Lombardi to show for it in 9 years.

It's pretty clear to any honest and objective person that the fails come from less than stellar GM work.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd agree BB is the best coach ever. I mean look at the talent he had to work with this year and how far he got. Most teams would fall apart if they had to count on the likes of Vellano, Chris Jones, Gregory, T. Wilson, Mulligan, practically the entire WR core. Imagine what he could do with some real talent to work with instead of getting 105% from the average joe players.

[/QUOTE]

True, he is the best coach in football. Most coaches wouldn't of even made the playoffs if their GM saddled them with the talent that was on the roster this year.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Notice Dante didn't mention his GM work.

[/QUOTE]

He wan't asked to. But from his reponse you could tell he was talking about the whole deal including the GM work.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is the conundrum the imbecile Rusty always faces. He admits BB gets more out of players as a coach, and if he was the greatest GM of all-time then that combo would nearly assure a Lombardi every couple years.

So he tries to use the Brady is a failure tactic to explain the lack of results for his superlative rating of BB in both aspects. But even that contradicts itself, because if BB was the great coach/gm Rusty claims then he would have cut a choker that was the cause of the fails.

But the kool-aide guzzlers are just as bad. They say it's a great coach/gm/qb combo yet have not a single Lombardi to show for it in 9 years.

It's pretty clear to any honest and objective person that the fails come from less than stellar GM work.

[/QUOTE]
    Not sure what you are implying when you say the last 9 years. I am pretty sure Scot Pioli was not the GM before that. Bill Was.

In his tenure with the Patriots, Pioli earned promotions from Assistant Director of Player Personnel to Director of Player Personnel in 2001, and to Vice President of Player Personnel in 2002

He was never the GM!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Thank you, Dante!   Best OL coach ever!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Brady has sucked in his addicitoin to the shotgun spread. He blew two SBs with it, too.

He's now blown back to AFC title games in terms of performing better than medicore or really at times, crappy.

13-17 points don't win playoff games.

And Gronk out there does not even assure success as we saw vs Cleveland this year at home.

[/QUOTE]

This loss wasnt On Brady

You have talked about the injuries to the Pats , and even Gronk but then Brady gets no love at all.. taking 1/2 of the Cleveland game to make a point on Gronk is not really fair. there is no debate anywhere that Gronks presence doesn't greatly improve the point production of the Pats. Sorry you just cannot take the very best receiver in the NFL off the team and expect the same results from other lesser talent.Not having the best receiver with the greatest wing span makes it awfully tuff on a Qb - just less room for error

why you yourself said that any other team with all the pats injuries wouldn't have been 9-7 , hardly a SB team

. And then , the Broncos ran 7 minute drives, the number of possessions was limited so points per game go down. The donkeys stopped the Pats inside running game. Brady was under constant pressure whereas PM was not. The Oline , and Mankins ever outplayed again

The D for the broncos said that they were able to prevent Blount from making moves to break runs. . This was different from our last three games.Blount and Ridkey bever got to the second level. the play action was almost non existent. I just didn't see that this time the shotgun was the reason they didn't move the ball in the first half

When the donkeys came out in the second half and ran 1/2 of the qtr  off the clock and scored a TD  to go 17-3and with the running game not working , and with Talib, we were in trouble

I also don't think that any team gets the same amount of points in each wtr. There are ebbs and flows

BB takes enough control to allow any coach or player to strategically or tactically to lose a game for the Pats

TB  did make one bad throw, but that wasn't the game. 

there were no turnovers by the Pats and the D did not turnover the donkeys

You also alluded to the couple lousy and inconsistent PI calls which were also harmful . I agree

i really haven't understood your binky assertion. I would have to see more analysis of TB not throwing to open recievers over the more targeted ones. I certainly cannot get that from TV and I think on every team there are a few players more targeted than others

as tou know many things we agree, respectfully, I just think you out punt your coverage on Brady . just the way I see this game especially

To me

This was a team loss, I was almost totally disappointed that The donkeys won the physical game up front and that not so much the skill players were bad

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Brady has sucked in his addicitoin to the shotgun spread. He blew two SBs with it, too.

He's now blown back to AFC title games in terms of performing better than medicore or really at times, crappy.

13-17 points don't win playoff games.

And Gronk out there does not even assure success as we saw vs Cleveland this year at home.

[/QUOTE]

Russ, I'm not denying that Brady has not been good enough to win 3 postseason games since 2004 but you keep saying "Brady's addiction" to the shotgun spread.

you understand who builds the team right? its not like Brady goes out and gets the offense himself signing the guys he wants (example A: welker)

BB builds the offense around TB and lately, since 2007, he has built a shotgun finesse offense. thats not on TB's addiction. thats on BB the team builder

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB has always been the GM here.  Morons like Mr Mom Pezzy simply have no clue what certain job titles are or what they mean, apparently.

[/QUOTE]

yes, BB since he's taking over has had the final say on guys but since Pioli left, no one has been there to disagree with him. it used to get pretty heated between them sometimes and when they couldn't agree to like a player they wouldn't draft him.

BB hasn't had a man step up and challenge him since Pioli left

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB has always been the GM here.  Morons like Mr Mom Pezzy simply have no clue what certain job titles are or what they mean, apparently.

[/QUOTE]

yes, BB since he's taking over has had the final say on guys but since Pioli left, no one has been there to disagree with him. it used to get pretty heated between them sometimes and when they couldn't agree to like a player they wouldn't draft him.

BB hasn't had a man step up and challenge him since Pioli left

[/QUOTE]

You don't know that. None of us do.

BB's drafts SINCE Pioli left in 2009 have been MUCH better than the ones prior when Pioli headed up the Dir of Player Personnel role. It's not like 2005-2008 are well received here. 2006 was the the worst, but those years didn't yield strong returns from the NCAA level.

Pioli interviewed with the Giants and Seahawks AFTER the 3rd SB ring. It's not like Pioli was focused, and then when Dimitrioff left in 2008, the Pats lost their lead scout.

Since 2010, with the Reese/Caserio administrative Pioli role, the drafts have been very good, arguably the best in the league from 2010-2013.

That's 4 drafts. It's why this team went 12-4 this year instead of 10-6 or worse.

[/QUOTE]

i agree the drafts since 2010 have been top 5 in the league it atleast.

have you ever read "War Room"  by Michael Holley? I've had the  book forever. cracked it open today, got through 230 of 330 pages.

Pioli never had any intention of leaving until after 2007.

even when he did leave Brady though it was a joke he didn't believe it.

and it's even been said in the book if the two, BB and Pioli disagreed on a player they never took him but that changed in 2006 when BB went out and listened to McDaniels in drafting Maroney and passing on Williams and then took Urban Meyer's word over Daboll's. 

its been said that no one has challenged him like Pioli and Dimitroff did in the meetings. and the culture since them has changed 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I am pretty sure he brought in people who would disagree with him after the 2009 season as he saw the need. There is one thing you can say about BB is that he is not afraid of change when it's for the benefit of the team. As far as Pioli being the great evaluation of talen I will let his record after he left the patriots speak to that. I believe both Pioli and BB used to work for a guy who used to say "your only as good as your record says you are".

Sections
Shortcuts