Dante Scarnecchia - The "Lineman Whisperer"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Dante Scarnecchia - The "Lineman Whisperer"

I mentioned him in another thread, so it got me thinking. I don't REALLY know how old he is, his background, or much about him. So...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante_Scarnecchia

The man has 40 years of experience as an O-Line coach. 40 YEARS! What a valuable asset to have with this team.

Did anyone know he's been the assistant head coach since 2000? I didn't. That speaks volumes about the respect Belichick has. There is no other assistant head coach on the team.

He came here in 1980, and aside from 89-90, he hasn't left. He's held his position under:

Ron Erhardt
    Ron Meyer
    Raymond Berry
    D i c k Macpherson
    Parcells
    Carroll
    And now Belichick.

I wonder if there is anyone else in the league who keeps his job, and a fairly important job, through so many coaching changes?

He must just love what he does, and really love where he lives. I've always respected him for the obviously good job he's done, but my respect has now grown immensly. Looking at his history, it seems fairly obvious he could have worked his way up the coaching ladder...if he wanted to. But he loves what he does, and doesn't go chasing fame or money, very rare qualities in any person, especially in the NFL.

I'd love it if a Boston writer would sit down with him and put a good article together, shine a little light on this guy. He gets attention around here because the Pats have very intelligent fans, but the man deserves a little more public attention and reckognition. Although, if he cared about that, he'd be a head coach somewhere probably. I guess I'm just selfish, and would like to hear some thoughts from him, and explain what he loves so much about the OLine, Pats, and Foxborough.

Good for him. He's one of the few that (presumably) gets to do what he truly loves, and he's VERY good at it.

Thanks Dante, looking forward to many more years of watching you put together one of the better lines in the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Re: Dante Scarnecchia - The "Lineman Whisperer"

Besides BB, no one else i would rather learn the game of football from

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

The Globe ran an article on him Super Bowl Weekend...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Herald recently posted a video of Dante doing a press conference.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2012/03/25/video-of-the-day-patriots-ol-coach-dante-scarnecchia-talks-about-working-out-ols/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

love the title thread.
    thanks for the links all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Here's one from ESPN Boston

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Thanks for the articles!

I would've never seen the EvilSPN one otherwise!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I know Dante has had head coaching opportunities offered but he never took them for family reasons is what I had heard. Years ago I remember talking to Pete Brock at a charity event and Pete said Dante is highly respected throughout the NFL, and is considered the best Oline coach in the business.  That was his response when I asked him about Dante for what it is worth (a lot in my opinion as Brock was one of the all time greats.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I seriously went back and read those articles, and watched the video again.

He is truly a gem of this organization. I hope some young assistant is smart enough to attch himself to Scar's hip, and learn as much as he can. Few other things would give you a better chance at a long career in the NFL, and I can't think of any right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Truly underrated.  Good stuff, although I also gather that he doesn't do it for the credit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The man certainly does a great job, year in and year out.

Sections
Shortcuts