Darelle Revis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Darelle Revis

Has anyone heard anything else about Revis besides the fact he is still sitting out and wants that 160 mil. contract? I haven't read anything else since Rex came up with some plan that did not happen. Do you guys think he will play in Sept. and maybe this is a ploy till then? Just wondering what you guys see here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Re: Darelle Revis

All you need to know is that he'll be suited up and ready to shut down Randy Moss in Week 2.

Now how they're going to handle Welker, Edelman, Tate, Faulk, Hernandez and Gronk is another story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Darelle Revis:
    [QUOTE Do you guys think he will play in Sept. Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

No

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Darelle Revis:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Darelle Revis : [QUOTE Do you guys think he will play in Sept. Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE] No
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Really?!?! I don't think there's even a tiny chance he doesn't play week 2. But hey I would LOVE to be wrong! Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Darelle Revis : No Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE] Really?!?! I don't think there's even a tiny chance he doesn't play week 2. But hey I would LOVE to be wrong!
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

I doubt he can do that to this year's Moss.

He may have 1-on-1 Moss-man on some snaps, but the ever looming safety was always hovering on his side of the field. Last year, the Pats didn't have a real WR playng opposite Moss, that left Kerry Rhodes on Reevis watch. If Reevis got beat, Kerry was there to clean up after him and Reevis was free to do as he pleased (Press, play off, play the under, jump routes) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

He wants 160 mil.? LOL. Fail. That guy is going to be released.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Darelle Revis : Really?!?! I don't think there's even a tiny chance he doesn't play week 2. But hey I would LOVE to be wrong! Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE] I doubt he can do that to this year's Moss. He may have 1-on-1 Moss-man on some snaps, but the ever looming safety was always hovering on his side of the field. Last year, the Pats didn't have a real WR playng opposite Moss, that left Kerry Rhodes on Reevis watch. If Reevis got beat, Kerry was there to clean up after him and Reevis was free to do as he pleased (Press, play off, play the under, jump routes) 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I agree. Rhodes did help Revis last year. It was NOT all Revis who as he puts it "shut down Randy". Revis acts like he is something because he CLAIMS he can shut down Randy Moss.

Um....Randy is back to his 07 self it seems and I think week 2 will be an all out bloodbath if Revis does play. New Flash...

Darelle...you are not Randy Moss who holds I think second in the league next to Rice for receptions. I look for Randy to break that this year.

Randy has proved himself. He has been playing along time. How long has this Revis character been playing? Revis only got a big head because of Rex and all this best corner in the league talk. Now he is demanding money I hope Johnson is not stupid enough to pay him.

You wouldn't see Randy acting like a big baby. Pats are so much classier than Jets except cry baby Mankins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Very good player , but hes a little overrated imo. Especially when you consider how much attention is being paid to a CB. He had a great year last year , but who didnt? Everyone on that D played out of their minds and the did a great job at putting pressure on the QB and did it a number of ways. The would send DB's , backers' , sometimes they would send both and have Jenk drop back in coverage. Listen this kid had ONE good year , ONE! And Im so sick and tired of people not doing their own homework and listen to NFL and thinking/believing what someone else says. It really is pathetic and sad on your part and the "analyst" , especially when they have access to game film. And if you watched any of the all 22 tape , one would see Moss beating Revis off the line , getting steps on him and beating his jam all day in the first Pats/jokes game. What else can he do besides beat his man and play team ball , when 12 is eating dirt all day. Brady was hit 21 times that game , not including all the pressure he was getting. Do you want him to pass block as well? And why try and force the ball into a double team if you have WW , who killed them in game 2 for 15/192. And saying this guy plays man to man coverage is just plan silly. As long as people listen to Trey Wingo and spewing garbage from know nothings like him , Ill keep reminding people that Revis lined up across from Moss 77 times , only ony played true Man 7 TIMES! FACT! Nnamdi Plays tens time more man than Revis. Its because he plays in a 70's style D , but still , he plays way more man. And so does Johnson on the other side. Again Revis is a very good player , but hes only done it once and he did it while the rest of the team had career years. 160million is an absolute joke , Id tell him to kick rocks and wouldnt pay more than half that for him. That D goes because of the different looks they give you , different blitz packages they'll send you and just sending more guys than you can block. Oh yea they have a lot of really good players besides Revis. Jenk , when healthy might be the best NT in the game. David Harris is a very good LB'r , Im talking top ten good and getting better. Although not a "superstar" Pace is perfect for Ryans "read and attack" style , he'll give you close to ten sacks a year in that style of D every year. How about Bart Scott, Im sure hes not a favorite here , and no hes not the best at what he does , but hes another top tier athlete that is perfect for Ryans D. Id bet everything I own that they wont be nearly as good this year as they were last , but their goning to ball out and will be a top 10-12 D. And they'll do it playing great team D , not beacuse of one guy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I would say 90% no he does not play for the Jets again. 10% anything can happen. The side are digging in and becoming bitter..think Ty Law, Lawyer Miloy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Moss is tenth in rec's w/ 926. Second in TDs w/ 148 and sixth in yards w/ 14465. He'll pass Reed andMonk in rec's this year and break 1000. He'll pass Brown and Harrison in yards and come closer to passing Owens. And he'll add another 13-17 TDs to his total and come closer to breaking Rices TD record. Amazing what this guy has done in such short time. However good you think TO is , just think that Randy has put up the same and better numbers in 2 LESS years!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

You really have to start and take him serious now. Hes missed so much time and he wont get it back. And of coarse they'll take him back , but would you want a guy starting against Moss , Marshall etc. that just walked off the street and hasnt gone full speed in a year? Everyone knows he's not getting 160 , its all about who will budge. And when you think about he can make more off the field ... at least for this year where hes only making a million. I dont know , but this is getting interesting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I just watched the 2nd Pats/Jest game on tape from last November, I think.  Saw Moss score a TD right in front of Revis...yet all we hear is how Revis dominated him. Don't TD's count anymore?
    I also noticed that on many plays Brady underthrows Moss, as he did against Atlanta this week...this makes the defensive back look good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]Very good player , but hes a little overrated imo. Especially when you consider how much attention is being paid to a CB. He had a great year last year , but who didnt? Everyone on that D played out of their minds and the did a great job at putting pressure on the QB and did it a number of ways. The would send DB's , backers' , sometimes they would send both and have Jenk drop back in coverage. Listen this kid had ONE good year , ONE! And Im so sick and tired of people not doing their own homework and listen to NFL and thinking/believing what someone else says. It really is pathetic and sad on your part and the "analyst" , especially when they have access to game film. And if you watched any of the all 22 tape , one would see Moss beating Revis off the line , getting steps on him and beating his jam all day in the first Pats/jokes game. What else can he do besides beat his man and play team ball , when 12 is eating dirt all day. Brady was hit 21 times that game , not including all the pressure he was getting. Do you want him to pass block as well? And why try and force the ball into a double team if you have WW , who killed them in game 2 for 15/192. And saying this guy plays man to man coverage is just plan silly. As long as people listen to Trey Wingo and spewing garbage from know nothings like him , Ill keep reminding people that Revis lined up across from Moss 77 times , only ony played true Man 7 TIMES! FACT! Nnamdi Plays tens time more man than Revis. Its because he plays in a 70's style D , but still , he plays way more man. And so does Johnson on the other side. Again Revis is a very good player , but hes only done it once and he did it while the rest of the team had career years. 160million is an absolute joke , Id tell him to kick rocks and wouldnt pay more than half that for him. That D goes because of the different looks they give you , different blitz packages they'll send you and just sending more guys than you can block. Oh yea they have a lot of really good players besides Revis. Jenk , when healthy might be the best NT in the game. David Harris is a very good LB'r , Im talking top ten good and getting better. Although not a "superstar" Pace is perfect for Ryans "read and attack" style , he'll give you close to ten sacks a year in that style of D every year. How about Bart Scott, Im sure hes not a favorite here , and no hes not the best at what he does , but hes another top tier athlete that is perfect for Ryans D. Id bet everything I own that they wont be nearly as good this year as they were last , but their goning to ball out and will be a top 10-12 D. And they'll do it playing great team D , not beacuse of one guy!
    Posted by ONE-TIME[/QUOTE]I agree with most of what you say, but what about the other great WR's he shut down.He did not just handle Moss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Revis shut down Moss? Please. I think somebody is buying into the media hype.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I don't really care, I hope he does shut down Randy Moss.  That neutralizes both of them, and this year we have plenty of other guys to go to.  So let them pay him Mega bucks to do this, and then realize it doesn't matter.  Adds to the fun.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

patriots 44 I forgot about bart scott. don't like him either or kerry rhodes. Matter of fact I don't like any of the Jets. go Pats!