Da'rick Rogers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Da'rick Rogers

Here is an idea. If BB has selected Da'rick Rogers with the 91st pick, how would people have felt - he was graded out anywhere from mid second to back of the third or early fourth. So he would have been a good pick in the right range or even a value pick. Pundits would have been happy. Fans would generally be happy, no one jumping out the tenth story window. Right?!

Well the reality with 20/20 hindsight is that if the Pats had Da'rick rated there and made that pick, they would have been the ONLY team that had him graded better than a UDFA and the pick would have been an incredible stretch because they would have been able to select him with pick #235.

So everybody is upset with the Pats taking Harmon at #91 because they THINK no other team would have taken him before the 6th round.

And everyone would have been OK with the Pats taking Rogers at #91 even though we KNOW no other team would have drafted him at all.

Funny world we fans live in!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Da'rick Rogers

In response to mia76's comment:

Here is an idea. If BB has selected Da'rick Rogers with the 91st pick, how would people have felt - he was graded out anywhere from mid second to back of the third or early fourth. So he would have been a good pick in the right range or even a value pick. Pundits would have been happy. Fans would generally be happy, no one jumping out the tenth story window. Right?!

Well the reality with 20/20 hindsight is that if the Pats had Da'rick rated there and made that pick, they would have been the ONLY team that had him graded better than a UDFA and the pick would have been an incredible stretch because they would have been able to select him with pick #235.

So everybody is upset with the Pats taking Harmon at #91 because they THINK no other team would have taken him before the 6th round.

And everyone would have been OK with the Pats taking Rogers at #91 even though we KNOW no other team would have drafted him at all.

Funny world we fans live in!

That's the long and short of it. Apparently, Duron did attract a handful of visits toward the very end of the draft process. There was "noise" about him. The major outlets had already set their boards, and to be frank they don't pay attention to risers in the lower half of the draft, much less in the last few weeks when they are setting their boards for the top 50 or so. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

+1 to both of you

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't know, but if Kolb plays well, the Pats could be looking at serious competition from the Bills this year. 

Johnson and Rogers could make a tough match up. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I don't know, but if Kolb plays well, the Pats could be looking at serious competition from the Bills this year. 

Johnson and Rogers could make a tough match up. 

Got to say - I am tremblibg at the thought of facing the Jets now they have Smith and (someone remind me who their receivers are?) And the Bills are the early favorites to go all the way now they have dumped Fitzpatrick and are recycling Kolb.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He was toast after it leaked out his drug violations were "multiple" and not single. He's right up there with the Honey Badger as highly likely to be a repeat offender.

Every kid makes mistakes and derserves a second chance. But the one's who keep doing it show a flaw that most likely can never be corrected.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I still would have loved him with our 7th rd pick.  Loved his talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

Bills have put together a pretty good roster, not sure about their linebacker corps, their oline but it's improving, as Glen was a real solid pick up last year and their corner opposite Gilmour.

I will say this, C.J Spiller is one of the most dangerous players in the league, he is special, I know the Patriots can't seem stop him and this year he will finally get his chance to be the guy.  Scott Chandler in my opinion is also one of the best Tight Ends in the game, but he is comming of an ACL injury. 

Woods Chandler Spiller Rogers Johnson could be a pretty tough group to stop. 

I just think they may lack coaching and quaterback play, but if E.J Manuel pans out they could be a decent threat in the AFC East. They will probably do the usual- start off real hot then cool down after week 6 or so like they have been doing the past few years. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to braunzy's comment:

Bills have put together a pretty good roster, not sure about their linebacker corps, their oline but it's improving, as Glen was a real solid pick up last year and their corner opposite Gilmour.

I will say this, C.J Spiller is one of the most dangerous players in the league, he is special, I know the Patriots can't seem stop him and this year he will finally get his chance to be the guy.  Scott Chandler in my opinion is also one of the best Tight Ends in the game, but he is comming of an ACL injury. 

Woods Chandler Spiller Rogers Johnson could be a pretty tough group to stop. 

I just think they may lack coaching and quaterback play, but if E.J Manuel pans out they could be a decent threat in the AFC East. They will probably do the usual- start off real hot then cool down after week 6 or so like they have been doing the past few years. 

On paper they had/have a killer DLine but it was pretty poor last year and is it going to be better? On paper their skill players on offense look pretty good with the exception of QB. In reality they have had a solid to very good secondary for a while - best unit on the team. We shall see if the losses there and Bird being pissed about the tag will have any effect.

The biggest problem for the Bills in recent years beyond really inconsistent QB play is that the team depth has been dreadful - the line between fast start and falling off the cliff has coincided with the injury total mounting. Not that original an observation as injuries to all teams hurt, but with the Bills the next man up has been really poor.

Sections
Shortcuts