Dario Alexande not tendered by Chargers...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Dario Alexande not tendered by Chargers...?

He's a big receiver that came out of nowhere to have an excellent year for the Chargers.

Chargers apparently tendering him at the RFA level ....i.e. no draft picks involved if another team signs him.

Not a burner, but a definite red zone target.

Would you do it?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/report-no-high-tender-expected-for-danario-alexander/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Dario Alexande not tendered by Chargers...?

He is the ultimate risk/reward WR. his whole career has been a series of injuries until last year when he got healthy, put it together, and looked like a top 10 NFL WR. The chances of him staying healthy going forward are slim, but if he could, you could have a young, talented receiver.  I'd take a chance if he would agree to a contract that is a little less than Lloyd's was last year, and then cut Lloyd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Good point on the injuries, Wazzu. The fact he might not be tendered @ 2nd round level does bring up a red flag.

He played like a #1 WR for a long stretch last year. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I was lucky enough to snag this guy off waivers for my fantasy team last year lol. I agree with Wazzu...he would be a high risk/high reward signing. I personally don't see it, but who knows. Defintitely nothing long term for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Denario...anyway pretty much what wazzu said, high risk-reward guy. You just don't know how long he'll last but while he's in there, he'll be pretty good

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Since they did tender him they can still match any offer he receives and keep him - they just don't get any compensation if he leaves. So not that big a surprise - 2nd round tender is over 2M I think so they stand a chance to save about 1M if no one signs him, and can match the offer if they want at whatever another team thinks he's worth.

Sections
Shortcuts