DARIUS AND DEVIN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

DARIUS AND DEVIN

Has anyone been able to get a good look at the play of our young CBs?  Bill seems to have determined these guys as our future and I am sure he knows exactly what he wants from this tandem.  They both bring the full skill set to the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: DARIUS AND DEVIN

I like the thought of having 3 starting quality DB's on the team.  As has been often discussed in the media and by former players, you need 3 starters on your team.  Considering that we played more than 50% of our snaps last year in a sub package, saying 3 starters are needed would seem pretty justified.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

We're due.  Overdue. We certainly didn't get much out of Wilhite and Wheatley.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Re: DARIUS AND DEVIN:
    [QUOTE]Whilhite is 4th rd material.  I wouldn't expect much from him anyway. Wheatley was 2nd rd material in a weak draft. He's been hurt, which certainly hasn';t helped the return on him as an investment, no doubt. Point taken, but don't be surprised to see on them as the nickel and or dime this year, in particular Wilhite. In a passing league, there is nothing wrong with having depth here. Butler was a top 5 ranked CB as was McCourty, some might even argue top 3 in each draft. So, I think the expectations should be higher for them.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

The expectactions just got a little higher.  I sure Bill will look for an experienced guy to bring in to work with the kids.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I think Wilhite will turn it around this year.  He is usually in position to stop the completion but can't make a play on the ball.  I bet he figures it out this year.  In a few years he'll probably turn into a ball hawking corner like Asante and we'll be screaming at BB for not locking him up now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Darius and Devin will be our starting corners just look how miami throw vontae davis and sean smith out there last year they faired well plus has a year under his belt

LCB- Devin McCourty
    RCB- Darius Butler
    Nickel- Jonathan Wilhite
    Dime- Kyle Arrington
    Bench- Terrence Wheatley

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]Neither one of these guys were drafted to be back up's so this year might be good for them.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

The best way to learn is to get in there and mix it up.  I just hope Leigh will be on the sidelines talking all these kids through this season.  I think that he would when his health allows for him to be there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I doubt we make a trade, we might sign someone but we wont trade. IMO of course.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I got to go with this... I can't remember the last time we made a trade for a player... Moss and Welker comes to mind but that's it...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

well, we have the bait for sure.  if something sweet came up, im sure we would do it............

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't see a trade either. Given our youngsters, I think we will be OK. We are going to see flashed of greatness followed by ineptness. This is what we can expect from young players. Lets hope as the year progresses, this secondary gels. 

I think Meriweather can be more versatile for us. He could play corner in a pinch if things get nasty and we could move both Brandon's to safety or bring in Sanders. Bill needs to find quickly combinations that work, but I'm confident he is on it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DARIUS AND DEVIN : I got to go with this... I can't remember the last time we made a trade for a player... Moss and Welker comes to mind but that's it...
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    You missed Greg Lewis and Derrick Burgess. But I highly doubt we trade for a corner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

Welcome to the new nickname of the Def. backfield.  "The Baby Backs" yes like the ribs.  Go Pats

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

LET THE KIDS PLAY! They can only get better from getting game experience. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to DARIUS AND DEVIN:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone been able to get a good look at the play of our young CBs?  Bill seems to have determined these guys as our future and I am sure he knows exactly what he wants from this tandem.  They both bring the full skill set to the game.
    Posted by Clay73[/QUOTE]

i support it. in Bill we trust