Darius BUSTler plays 56 of 56 preseason game 1 snaps

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Darius BUSTler plays 56 of 56 preseason game 1 snaps

not a good sign for darius assler

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Darius BUSTler plays 56 of 56 preseason game 1 snaps

nope that's never a good sign to play that many pre-season game 1 snaps. That's a last ditch prove it chance by the coaches usually

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

they are trying everything to get his confidence up by playing against scrubs, but he is a completion machine for Qb's....it wont turnaround for him here im afraid.  He will resurface w/ a team like the Rams who are used to giving up completions as well.  Good thing for him is he played b4 Wilhite did which usually means he is ahead of Wilhite but not sure it matters now.  A few guys will have a big say in his future here, namely Kyle Arrington, Ras-I Dowling and S.Brown who showed to be a better CB as a rookie and he was drafted as a safety. 

Guys like Malcom Williams and Lockett can play special teams anyway which is where Wilhite and Butler would have played.  We dont play much dime and we play alot of nickel w/ a 3rd safety...so beyond Bodden, McCourty, Arrington, we wont be playing many other Cb's, as we will have an extra safety instead..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Not good for him. But, honestly I'm pissed about this. 2 2nd round recent picks on CB's that came up bust. Wheatley now Bustler. Dowling better have the goods. We can't keep wastinng 2nd rounders like this.
    On a side note....any chance Bustler could succeed in a FS type of role?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

hes not a physical player

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

No on the free safety idea.  I think he is not strong enough even for cb.  Plus he doesnt like to hit.  He puts his nose in there, but guys just seem to bounce off of him.  Unless they line him up at WR which he did at UCONN, he is outta here!

Still tryna fifure how M.Richardson got cut that year and Wheatley made the team... Who knew Billy B would be better at drafting qb's than Cb's...luck of the draw I guess..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

i'm reaching for straws on Bustler. Don't want to see him be a bust. I just don't know how you can totally miss on guys like him and Wheatley.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Apparently a lot of NFL personnel people missed on Butler.  A number of 'experts' had him as a 1st rounder.  

I totally agree that if he played that many snaps last Thursday he's got a very tough uphill climb to make the club.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The Ghost of Chris Canty continues to haunt this orginization..

If Billy B would have just watched "Prime U" he would have never made that pick. 

Dude made a website before he was drafted called "topprospects.com" and said he would dominate the combine and wasnt even in the top 10 of forty times and didnt lift there cuz he said he was unprepared and never lifted in college....How do I know this not being a scout but Bill didnt...  I guess Bill needs to get more in tune with Myface and SpaceBook...lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The guy is never ever in position to make a play.  Even I could, on occasion, accidentally end up between the ball and Receiver.  He is always 2 steps behind his man.

Pathetic  Waste

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Oh come on, it's not like he's Maroney or anything

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Darius BUSTler plays 56 of 56 preseason game 1 snaps:
    [QUOTE]The guy is never ever in position to make a play.  Even I could, on occasion, accidentally end up between the ball and Receiver.  He is always 2 steps behind his man. Pathetic   Waste
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Little harsh but he has not played well since his rookie season... not sure how you get worse?????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

This dude is Ellis Hobbs II! Get rid of this clown

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Has anyone thought that he played all 56 snaps because there wasn't anyone else (except Wilhite) available to play?  Arrington/Bodden/Wilhite split snaps at the #2 corner and slot positions, McCourtney didn't play, Ras is injured and appearantly they don't trust Williams.  Who else was available to play corner?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

that's no way to diss Hobbs.

[QUOTE]This dude is Ellis Hobbs II! Get rid of this clown
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Has anyone thought that he played all 56 snaps because there wasn't anyone else (except Wilhite) available to play?  Arrington/Bodden/Wilhite split snaps at the #2 corner and slot positions, McCourtney didn't play, Ras is injured and appearantly they don't trust Williams.  Who else was available to play corner?
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

If this was a reg season game I'd agree but the 1st pre-season game is where rooks, bubble players, and JAGs prove they can play. For 1 CB out of 5 possible to play all 56 defensive snaps is a clear sign that they want to give him as many snaps as possible to prove he can play otherwise they would have spread it out more evenly. Esp for Williams who needs as many snaps as possible to prove himself.

Heck they even tossed Farnham in the secondary just because

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]This dude is Ellis Hobbs II! Get rid of this clown
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]
    I liked Ellis.  He wasn't GREAT, but he did what he was supposed to do, unlike Asante.

As far as Butler, 56 snaps later I didn't see much.  Buh Bye, Butler.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

He's in a dog fight but injuries is giving him a chance...he'll make the team...he can play inside or out..
    Here is a great Patriots site 60maxpowero.com

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Let's give Butler to the Jets. That'll screw them over.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

i think he´s gonna make the team...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

Just rewatched the 1st Q of the Jags game only watching the secondary and Butler in particular.  Butler outplayed Arrington.  Arrington's man was wide open twice and the receiver either dropped the ball or the throw was bad.

Butler made a couple of tackles in the running game.  He didn't do anything spectacular but he was on his man consistantly and Gabbert had to go to other receivers a couple of times because Butler had his man covered.  One time Gabbert was sacked because Butler had the primary receiver covered and the QB had to eat the ball.

Overall, he isn't McCourty, but he isn't half as bad as some make him out to be.  I hope he can play to his full potential.

On the first watch I thought Edelman was lousy on kick off returns but the second view revealed two missed blocks by 86.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

you are blind

[QUOTE]Just rewatched the 1st Q of the Jags game only watching the secondary and Butler in particular.  Butler outplayed Arrington.  Arrington's man was wide open twice and the receiver either dropped the ball or the throw was bad. Butler made a couple of tackles in the running game.  He didn't do anything spectacular but he was on his man consistantly and Gabbert had to go to other receivers a couple of times because Butler had his man covered.  One time Gabbert was sacked because Butler had the primary receiver covered and the QB had to eat the ball. Overall, he isn't McCourty, but he isn't half as bad as some make him out to be.  I hope he can play to his full potential. On the first watch I thought Edelman was lousy on kick off returns but the second view revealed two missed blocks by 86.
    Posted by TampaPete[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

what i dont understand is how somebody who has all the tools can suck the big one so much- 2nd round pats corners  seem to be cursed- so far, it appears rasi (missing training camp with injuries) might be the same kind of disappointment.
    if dowling ever sees the field he will not have the same sort of issues butler has- he wont need a sports psychologist- go pats

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

[QUOTE]you are blind In Response to Re: Darius BUSTler plays 56 of 56 preseason game 1 snaps :
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

Good Rebuttal! Such an articulate gentleman you are as well!

Why don't you review the 1st Q of the Jags game and tell us what YOU see? Try to be little more specific.  No doubt for you the glass is always completely empty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

it was the same thing as always with darius assler- he was not even close enough to the receiver to seriously contest. at least with wilhite you wish his fingers were an inch longer
    i'm calling myself nostradamus of the obvious- meriweather and butler offer NOTHING to the patriots- in the best case scenario, they are gone.
    if one or both of them are still here i dont expect a significant improvement in the secondary

Sections
Shortcuts