Darius Butler Is a Waste Product

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Darius Butler Is a Waste Product

In Response to Re: Darius Butler Is a Waste Product:
    In Response to Re: Darius Butler Is a Waste Product : Asante Samuel was excellent his second year and not that bad in his first year either.  No comparison.
    Posted by Benkarkis

Asante's rookie season was '03 and his second year was '04. Asante didn't become a force until '06. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maddog67. Show Maddog67's posts

To me, Butler does not look like Samual, but he does look like another former Pats CB ... he's really looks like the second coming of Ellis Hobbs.

He's talented and fast enough and would be an outstanding nickel/3rd CB .. but he just doesnt seem to be a starting NFL CB (just like Hobbs)

With Bodden, the backfield would have been outstanding.  Right now, the Pats may have to find someone else (internally or elsewhere) to start until Bulter improves or maybe to even to keep him as the nickel permanently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Butler was pathertic, but this is all coaching. Same as last year, BB gets his azz handed to him at halftime by the other coaching staff. And the defensive backfield coach should be fired immediately. NONE OF THESE GUYS TURN AND LOOK FOR THE BALL WHEN IT'S IN THE AIR! That's the first thing you're taught; when the receiver looks for the ball, you turn and look for the ball. That's elemental DB football, but I guess the coaching staff missed that class.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotcoltsbabe69er. Show hotcoltsbabe69er's posts

I thought butler played a great game. Im very pleased with his production

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Butler looked like Asante Samuel in his first two seasons. He'll get better, Brace will get better, McCourty will get better, Spikes will get better all the young guys will get better.  Let them play. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Excellent point. A lot of folks are ready to cut his loose. i wonder who they have in mind to replace him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Butler looked like Asante Samuel in his first two seasons. He'll get better, Brace will get better, McCourty will get better, Spikes will get better all the young guys will get better.  Let them play. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

And the easter bunny will bounce higher, santa will go down the chimney faster, the jolly green giant will be happier...and,and,and. Please!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm wandering what happened to Brady's ability to throw deep? He used to have a very good feel for it and the ball had a great trajectory. I also wonder why he thinks he can skip off season work, loose 20 pounds and travel the world with his hot shot wife and expect to put the ball were it needs to go and used to go when he is facing a decent defense? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

To me, Butler does not look like Samual, but he does look like another former Pats CB ... he's really looks like the second coming of Ellis Hobbs. He's talented and fast enough and would be an outstanding nickel/3rd CB .. but he just doesnt seem to be a starting NFL CB (just like Hobbs) With Bodden, the backfield would have been outstanding.  Right now, the Pats may have to find someone else (internally or elsewhere) to start until Bulter improves or maybe to even to keep him as the nickel permanently.
    Posted by Maddog67

Actually I think Hobbs did much better with a lot less. Hobbs was too short and Butler has good height. Hobbs probably didn't run as fast either, but when he lost a battle and he lost many, it was because of his height, Butler is just a waste.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

omg what a waste the person who said that is....he is a second year player and was one on one and no pressure on the quarterback ....just do us a favor actually know something about the game before you spout off...i am not saying he is awesome he needs work but has the talent and the athleticism to play this game...ooops spell check on that one lol
    Posted by indianaredsoxfan09

Are you frigging kidding me!!!!!!!!!!! Did you actually WATCH this game! Butler plays like he's on skates for God's sakes!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts