Darius Butler - Pick Six

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Darius Butler - Pick Six

Brandon Tate, Darius Butler, Ben Jarvus Green Ellis . . . you can go on and on finding guys that were JAGs with the Pats and are JAGs with other teams.  These players aren't so bad that they nver make good plays or that they end up out of the NFL, but they also aren't by any means impact players.  Nice to see Butler making plays.  Not sure, though, I regret losing him.  He wasn't a long-term solution for any of the problems the Pats have with their secondary. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

They also picked up Sergio Brown...   

ud6... You're revealing yourself again...  "Worst defense in football .... ?  Your colts?

come on dude, maybe you're worried that they're playing too good to have been 0H and 13 last year?

Whoops ... Don't make the cheating tank season too obvious...!  They're going down a slippery slope...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Happy for Butler but he's no one's Pro Bowl CB.  Hope he continues to carve out a niche for himself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We care because?

[/QUOTE]

Well because this is the obvious proof that Bill Belichick is an overrated general manager and head coach who has no idea how to evaluate talent or build a football team. I mean, one guy (of the hundreds) he cut two years ago actually made a good play or two in an NFL game. Never mind that it was against quite possibly the most inept offense in the league. Butler has apparently morphed an all-pro level talent who would be starting for any team at this point, the true shutdown corner the Pats have been missing. Another example of a guy BB misjudged. Just like all the other all-pros he cut like.... uhhhhh, ummmmm, errrrrr....

[/QUOTE]

I detect sarcasm.

[/QUOTE]

Was Butler one of those high round draft picks that BB cut during their first few years?  It's hard to keep them all straight.  Soon enough, McCourty will be on that list.

[/QUOTE]

You are right, its much better to hold on to and keep overpaying guys you draft high (first rounders Vernon Gholston, Markie Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Dustin Keller) that should have been 3rd-6th rounders. Or better yet, go 'all in' and trade away your future so you only have 7 picks over two years, thats how you build a long term contending franchise.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

As it turns out, fining a decent starting QB is something that about 25 teams a year struggle with. 

[/QUOTE]

Including the Jets.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

Who's that other QB with 4 road playoff wins?

[/QUOTE]

Look I'm glad you're happy with him.  Honestly I think I can speak on behalf of most Pats fans and say we are happy with him too.  I hope you keep him around for another 10 years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They also picked up Sergio Brown...   

ud6... You're revealing yourself again...  "Worst defense in football .... ?  Your colts?

come on dude, maybe you're worried that they're playing too good to have been 0H and 13 last year?

Whoops ... Don't make the cheating tank season too obvious...!  They're going down a slippery slope...

[/QUOTE]

I know you are a fan of local football sites that give "national" perspective like CHFF, so I will share another one that has garnered quite a bit stature amongst football thinkers for its advanced stats. 

I'd think you'd know about Football Outsiders, but their methodologies might be a bit too much for your to wrap your conspiracy obsessed mind around.  Regardless, you can very plainly see that their methods rank the colts D dead last.  So, while I say the colts D is worst in the NFL and may actually think that they reside within group of teams that could claim as much, the Boston based advanced stats gurus Football Outsiders has actually quantified it and stuck them there. 

http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/week-9-dvoa-ratings

If Boston based football sites say so, then it must be so, right coolade?  What do you call a man with no legs to stand on?  coolade2.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We care because?

[/QUOTE]

Well because this is the obvious proof that Bill Belichick is an overrated general manager and head coach who has no idea how to evaluate talent or build a football team. I mean, one guy (of the hundreds) he cut two years ago actually made a good play or two in an NFL game. Never mind that it was against quite possibly the most inept offense in the league. Butler has apparently morphed an all-pro level talent who would be starting for any team at this point, the true shutdown corner the Pats have been missing. Another example of a guy BB misjudged. Just like all the other all-pros he cut like.... uhhhhh, ummmmm, errrrrr....

[/QUOTE]

I detect sarcasm.

[/QUOTE]

Was Butler one of those high round draft picks that BB cut during their first few years?  It's hard to keep them all straight.  Soon enough, McCourty will be on that list.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry...what's your pathetic team's current record again? How many years has it been since the Jets won a Superbowl? What's the overrated fullbacks name whos trying to play quarterback again? Whos the first round bust your team traded up to get? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We care because?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My point is...why should we care about this one big play that this veteran Cb was able to make. He is no different from some of these other jag CB's we currently have and it's not like he was a fan favorite. Otis "Is Andre my man?" Smith took a couple back to the house and he was another jag CB! Darius Butler is the Ponies problem now!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We care because?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I detect sarcasm.

[/QUOTE]

So do I Russ. Very confusing

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I got to say that I was totally on board for them selecting Butler - I thought he was a freakish athlete that with a little top rated coaching would turn into a starting corner. Big mistake. I thought Brace would be solid too. Loved the Chung pick (although I thought he looked a bit small)...thought he would be bigger by now. The only picks in the second round that I really hated at the time were Cunningham, Dowling and Spikes (well Wilson too). Liked the Vollmer pick...loved the Gronkowski pick.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.